Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

They must have paid the youtube "gurus" a LOT of money to highly review this product. Barely covers redness and feels ultra heavy even though it is a watery product. It is sticky no matter how much I powder it and it breaks up in a matter of an hour or two on my cheeks even being set. I don't even have oily skin, but this product surely does replicate it. Oh, and it smells like house paint.

I will say, though, that my skin feels amazingly moisturized and smooth after I get frustrated and take it off half way through work.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

YouTube made me buy it. Almost everyone talked about what a great drugstore gem this is and I needed a lighter foundation to mix with my Loreal infallible pro matte. I got soft ivory. The first thing I noticed is when I rubbed this on my hand, the texture of it was really weird. It sat on top of my skin instead of blending into it, and it felt super powdery. Also looked streaky. Then I tested it out on my face. Tried to use my fingers first and oh my god what a mess that was. Streaky, dry, didnt cover anything, it literally looked like I had tried to use plaster as a bb cream or something. So then I tried my sponge. That went way better than my fingers, looked okay, looked pretty dry and powdery still, and still looked as if it was sitting on top of my skin. However it builds nicely and has decent coverage. After one hour I noticed the foundation breaking down around my nose and pores and looking really textured on my forehead. Keep in mind I have absolutely horrible skin (aged beyond my years, textured, cystic acne, dry as a desert) so really I have nothing to blame but my skin, and really *all* foundations except nars sheer glow look pretty crappy on me, but this one just looked unforgivable. I'll probably end up returning it.

If you have oily skin with low texture, this would probably be great for you, and I feel like this foundation is a great value for the price especially since it has the potential to work well for other skin types. There's just no way I could make this work for me.

on 4/25/2017 7:04:00 PM

W & W discontinued its Coverall Foundation, my HG, so I tried this. Sigh--it doesn't cover or stay on as well, accentuates my pores, and feels slightly greasy on my combo skin. Preferred the plastic tube too--lighter and more portable.

on 4/24/2017 11:18:00 AM

I applied this foundation same way as i applied my other foundation which is by hand and i'm not into full coverage makeup look so i only applied lightly at where i really need and blend out for places that's okay. However, this foundation makes my face looks liked i have tons of foundation on. Maybe because it has more of a matte finish but my face looks very powdery and thick. I also found it a bit irritating cause i got a red hives spot after applying it and a bit itchy at places. My face also seems bumpy when i wake up this morning while i had this on all day yesterday for the first time. Probably won't be using it again but since it's so affordable it is still totally worth a try.

on 4/25/2017 7:28:00 PM

wonderful foundation for the price!! bought this a few weeks after i bought a super expensive foundation and i was bummed i even wasted my money on the expensive one. makes my skin look flawless and doesn't make me look shiny. Only complaints are the SMELL!! smells like paint!! and it does cling on to my dry patches a bit, but i have yet to find a foundation that doesn't.

I normally wear Revlon Color stay foundation but this Wnw one is a few dollars cheaper.

It has decent medium coverage and a nice selection of shades. My only complaint is that it rubs off too easily. If I touch my face or anything, it comes off much more than other foundations do. I'm not a fan of the spatula applicator, I would prefer it to have a pump instead. For the price, $6 , I would purchase again because it's the cheapest foundation with good coverage

on 4/19/2017 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Like most of the reviews, YouTube made me buy this. It goes on nice with a brush or beauty blender. Looks great for about 30 minutes then just goes down hill from there. I want to wash my face within a few hours of wearing this. My skin feels and looks terrible. It accentuates my pores, wrinkles and rubs off with the slightest touch. Not to mention it oxidizes terribly. I even tried mixing it with my sunscreen that usually dries me out. Nope. Also mixed it with my trusty Revlon colorstay..nope. Tried no setting powder, with setting powder..nope. Blotting didn't even take away the sticky/oily/tacky weirdness. I literally had to peel the tissue away from my skin while blotting. So bizarre.

on 4/20/2017 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'll be a broken record i guess because my experience is much like other negative reviewer's. When I first applied this, I loved it. It went on nicely and blended well. After about an hour or so, it starts to look absolutely awful. It oxidizes on me terribly and it starts to break down. All my pores were on display and I looked like I had slept with my makeup on. Not a good look. I will definitely stick with my HE foundations because I just can't find a good DS alternative. This is already in the trash.

I got a free sample of this foundation with a Wet n' Wild order and I was really shocked at how good it is! I quickly bought a full size for about $6.50. Wet n' wild has really stepped up their game! This foundation is lightweight and somewhat buildable. I feel that you could achieve medium coverage. It works for my oily/ combination skin because it doesn't add any extra moisture. The finish is very natural. It doesn't have perfume or doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. They have 20 shades. I'm about NC25 and wear "Buff Bisque/ light medium neutral."

I usually wear Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Enhancer which is sheer and moisturizing in shade 30. I wear Too Faced Light Beige (but that provides too much coverage and moisture for me.) I generally find drug store brands superior to high end. Because of price and of irritating ingredients in some high end brands.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I purchased this in three colors: Nude Ivory, Soft Beige, and Buff Beige. I'm an N5, and couldn't quite find my ideal color match. The Soft Beige was the closest right out of the bottle but I found that all the foundations darkened once they set. Nude Ivory was too light. Buff Beige, which is supposed to be light-medium neutral, was way too dark for my skin tone. I wound up mixing Nude Ivory (light neutral) and Buff Beige to customize my shade. As it was, it still oxidized, especially on my neck.

The coverage is iffy. I have oily, textured, sensitive skin with weird flakey dry patches and often it covered fairly well but it clung to the dry patches, but also seemed to emphasize my skin's texture once it settled and was set with powder. You can layer on for more coverage but it does cake very easily--I used this with several powders (BareMinerals Mineral Veil, No7 Translucent loose powder, ELF HD translucent finishing powder) and had the same result. You need restraint with the powder and normal, fine-textured skin to wear this for any significant amount of time. I'm going to hold on to the bottles I have and keep playing with them to see if I can make them work but I don't think I'm going to purchase these again.

It does have an odor--it's the odor I associate with less expensive foundations. More paint-like, less fragranced. To be honest, I'd rather have a foundation smell like paint than perfume. The smell fades after it's applied.

Great foundation for the price, just not for my skin. *sadness*