MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.2

on 1/2/2004 10:44:00 AM

I was hesitant to buy this at first as with the name I expected it to be just that-silver! But no, it's a beautiful shimmer powder that flashes pink and is very beautiful. I use it mainly for highlighting- on the cheekbones after blush, and sometimes as a wash on my eyes to brighten them without overpowering them. At night I will wear a bit more for a glowing effect as well as on my decolletage. Very nice, will last forever, would definitely buy again if I ever run out!

on 8/6/2003 7:19:00 PM

Fantastic. I can see how a lot of people dislike this, but I do. It looks in no way natural. The shimmer is very obvious. I love it.
(I should say now that my skin is incredibly pale. I have to wear spf 45 on cloudy days. All my regular foundations are either 10 or 15, and the 15 is too dark. This colour may not look very good on darker skin, but I don't know. I think they make bronzes and golds too...)
I mix this with my W10 loose face powder and wear it all over my face. The shimmer difuses light and makes my skin look flawless, without foundation.
The price tag is high, but for the amount in the package it's an awesome deal.

on 1/16/2003 7:50:00 PM

I really wanted to love this- I'm a sucker for highlighting shimmer products- but I was terribly disappointed.

You get a lot of product, which makes this excellent for using on the collarbones and shoulders- the only place where I would actually wear it. The tub would last forever if you just applied it to your face.

The powder looks like a beautiful silvery pink, but when applied is a simple metallic silver. Very boring. Also, it has a *very* metallic sheen on my skin, rather than a soft glow which is what I'd prefer. Made my face feel almost greasy, or looked it anyway! continued >>

on 4/27/2003 4:39:00 AM

I really wanted to love this- I'm a sucker for highlighting shimmer products- but I was a bit disappointed.

The powder looks like a beautiful silvery pink, but when applied is a simple metallic silver. Also, it has a *very* metallic sheen on my skin, rather than a soft glow which is what I'd prefer. Made my face feel almost greasy, or looked it anyway!
continued >>

on 7/7/2003 5:35:00 PM

This product is awesome! It has so many uses--- eye shadow, highlighter, can be mixed with lotion to make skin glisten; pretty much anything you want to do with it. It's a nice shimmery/sliverish color--- I don't really notice a color as much as it just adds shimmer. A little goes a looonnng way with this. I think I'll have this container forever- and I used it almost everyday! If I ever run out though you can bet I'll buy it again... can you tell I love it?

gone through a container and going through another. only use it on my face-tip of the nose, browbones and the like and it's great because i prefer its ubershinyness :) but the sparkle bits are just a bit more noticeable than i'd like. still looking for a shimmer with the punch of this with less obvious shimmer...

on 1/17/2003 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was very disappointed in this product. Silver Dusk is a loose shimmer powder that looks pinky silver in the jar but just goes on silvery. Way too shimmery for the face too. You can only use it on the body. Not a very unique product!

on 1/17/2003 11:29:00 PM

This is a gorgeous shimmer powder, IMO, but definitely more for use on the body instead of the face. It appears a little pinkish in the container, but goes on a super shimmery silver. Blend it down to tone down the shimmer or add more for more shimmer.

on 12/2/2002 10:52:00 PM

Not the most flattering highlighter powder I've used. The colour looks like a beige-pink in the tub, but when applied is a shimmery silver gleam. I would have preferred it to have retained more pinky-beige, as the silver seems too harsh and futuristic. The tub is absolutely huge, and would probably be more appropriate to use on the body- decolletage, shoulders etc. On the face it's just too shiny.

on 1/30/2003 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like this stuff. Huge container that I would never finish though--I swapped most of it away and kept a small amount for myself. It gives a very nice silvery sparkle to the skin, and it works even with my medium skin tone as long as I don't use too much. I like it on my neck, collarbones, and cleavage :), and I also like it on my face. A very light dusting on cheekbones is night, and it's great as a browbone highlighter or to layer a little sparkle over eyeshadow. Everyone needs a little pixie dust in their lives!