Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

One of the best eyeshadow palette that I have. The colour is so pigmented a little goes a long way I'm not joking. The powder is sooo soft and hardly use any primer. It just sticks to ur skin like butter. Blending also very easy.
There are only two downsides for me. First, it has a lot of fallout especially when I use crease brush, such a waste. Secondly, the velvet packaging. It is so nice to the touch but it kept everything sticks to it. Overall it's a nice product worth the hype.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

The formula of this is like everyone says it is, very soft and has a lot of kickback which means if your too hard on it a lot of powder is gonna go to waste and you'll go through it a lot faster.
Use a flat brush or a more dense brush to pick up the color though and of course be gentle and there's almost zero fallout. Use a fluffy brush or a crease brush and you'll get quite a bit.

The brush included is decent, the fluffy or blending side is a little scratchy but it's okay, the other side though is fantastic. I absolutely love it and I'm really glad I got this palette not just for the shades but because I don't have to spend money on a flat (but not too flat) eyeshadow brush.

The colors are very easy to blend, and pigmented enough that they don't become one color if you blend a lot although I could see that eventually happening.

Also very very pigmented. You do not need much and it is nice for darker skinned women in that sense I would imagine. ABH always looks out for everyone it seems that's why I love them, along with knowing I'm not using a product tested on animals (I don't solely buy cruelty free but I try to. Might as well show companies we do care about this stuff right.)

The Venetian red and love letter are super pretty, they're berry brown tones but leaning way more towards the berry side. Looks pretty good actually even though I don't really like those colors in shadows although I do have to add other colors so it doesn't look off to me (I tend to gravitate towards cooler taupes and browns anyway, even orangey shadows I'm iffy about). Speaking of orange shadows, the ones in here are the only ones that actually look nice on me for once. So that's a huge plus.

Continuing on about the actual colors of the shadows, I believe the top row leans more cool ish (or at least not as warm) and the bottom is more warm. You can definitely tell by looking at the shimmer colors as the bottom one is more golden. The top shimmer color I absolutely adore, perfect inner highlight shade and I never used to use inner highlight shades. The brush may help as the flat side is perfect to add that.

And despite any differences in undertones they still look good together. Super easy to throw together a look with this palette and easy to add more colors as well which is a huge plus to me as I've never had that with my other palettes.

I usually wear this with the essence primer and it lasts pretty well, a tiny bit of fading after a few hours but nothing major that doesn't happen with other shadows I've tried at similiar price points.

on 4/23/2017 12:18:00 PM

This is an amazing palette. It is really pigmented and the colours pack a punch, a little goes a long way! It is very blendable and long lasting. This is great for bold or neutral looks and works well with other palettes. I'm not crazy about the velvet packaging though because it gets dirty very quickly, and when I tried to clean it, the velvet rubbed off.

on 4/21/2017 9:51:00 AM

These colors are very pretty, they are creamy and blend well and look fantastic on. However I get alot of fallout from this palette which is disappointing because I really love these colors but I find myself reaching for other shadows instead that dont fall on my face

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite palette that I've ever used. Pinks/Reds aren't typically my colors but these shades are perfect. The formula is amazing as well.. better than any high end eye shadow I've tried. The only thing I don't like is the packaging- the "soft" top is nasty feeling.

on 4/17/2017 8:07:00 PM

I've used makeup for long enough to know that this product doesn't work for me. I never thought that would be what my review was for this product, if I'm being honest. And the price was right too - I purchased this off during my $25 VIB Coupon event.

The colours are BEAUTIFUL. I have collected many red eyeshadows over the years, from Shu Uemura, Anna Sui, and Etude House. Finally, a lovely red palette from the American market.

The texture is blendable, smooth, and gorgeous. The shimmers are lovely, mattes are easy to use, however-- The shadow formula simply doesn't last on me. I've rarely had this occur, and my routine with my eye primers and bases haven't failed me before. I'm a firm believer in the fact that I should not have to work extremely hard to have an eyeshadow to work for me, especially when I have such a large stash.

I will use this palette, however I will not repurchase as the formula doesn't work on me. Beautiful if it does work for you.

on 4/17/2017 11:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This palette really does live up to the hype in my opinion. I've been really enjoying warm tones recently, and this appears to be the palette that rules warm tones (despite the ability to create cool looks with it), and I am extremely happy I purchased this.

SHADOW QUALITY: These are the best shadows I've ever worked with. They are very soft, so if you prefer working with a stiffer formula (like Urban Decay), these perhaps aren't for you, but I find them to be intensely pigmented and blend fantastically. The downside is that as others have mentioned, there is a lot of fall out (don't swipe these shadows, just tap them gently in the pan to minimise this as much as possible), but for the quality of the shadows, it is something I can overlook. Some have said that this means that it is easily used up, which I can see how it may be an issue. I've found the longevity of the shadows to be good, although I always wear with a primer (usually TF Shadow Insurance).

SHADE SELECTION/COHESION: When I first looked at the palette, I wasn't sure if you could get many looks out of it, but since playing with it, I find it not to be the case. You can do extremely warm looks, my go to would be Burnt Orange as transition, Golden Ochre or Primavera on the lid (depending if it's a matte look or not), and Realgar on the outer lid, and Cyprus Umber in the outer V. Similarly, a cool toned look can be made with Buon Fresco as transition, Vermeer on the lid and Venetian Red/Love Letter on the outer lid. For a very neutral look, I'd use the first quad on the left. I personally find the palette to be very cohesive (partly owing to the majority of mattes) - there's plenty of transition shades etc. Additionally, Vermeer is a dupe (albeit a better version) for Bootycall from Naked 2, which is my favourite inner corner highlight. The only thing I'd say this palette is missing is a black, but I have numerous matte blacks in my collection, so it is not an issue for me.

PACKAGING: Packaging is functional and pretty (although prone to grubbiness! I keep mine in the box) and I just love the theme of the shadows. In my mind, a lot of attention went into it, with all the research into the shade names etc.

I simply find this palette to be a joy to use. I feel like the market is saturated with eyeshadow palettes right now, and it's refreshing to find one that's high quality. As a Brit, this was expensive (£41, or about $52), but I ordered through Beautybay and got free next day delivery, and the quality, in my opinion, makes it 100% worth it.

AMAZING!!! Pigmentation amazing, colour selection amazing. So many looks you can create. Blend so well. Comes with a nice brush and mirror. If you're considering buying it go for it

Absolute favorite palette, ever. I use every shade, and it's never disappointed me. I can't believe how wearable all that red is! And it blends like a dream, the shimmers are so creamy and the mattes are butter! ABH is probably my favorite make-up company right now, I love everything I've tried from them. It's a great deal for 14 shades, and a little goes a long way.

on 4/12/2017 5:01:00 PM

I love the quality of the shadows, very buttery and pigmented! It's a versatile palette, I can do daytime neutral and evening dramatic looks with it no problem, the shadows practically blend themselves!

The only downsides are the packaging tends to get grubby real quick and the pans are pretty small.. I have hit pan on 3 shades already (rare for me) and I don't use this everyday, I have only had the palette for a little over a month.. Surprised at how little is in each pan compared to naked palettes etc..

Popular Palettes