NYX Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow Pencil

4.1

on 6/17/2016 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This brow pencil is PERFECT for me as I'm lucky enough to not need to pluck/thread/wax my brows but I do need to fill them in just a touch after applying make up. This pencil, being so thin, gives me total control and helps me maintain the natural look that I love. I have it in black and it's not so black that it's visible as a pencil, it just glides on very well and blends into my brow wonderfully. I'm glad I've finally the pencil for me! I can see how it might be trickier for those who need to fill their brows in much more though - would take a long time with a pencil so thin!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is not a bad product, but this is not for me. It is a very thin mechanical pencil with a very nice spoolie on the other end. The texture of the pencil is a bit waxy, not super dark and pigmented. It gives a bit of a tug as you glide it through your brows. Which could be perfect for people who already have full brows and just need to fill in a couple of sparse areas, but I have very sparse brows that need to be filled in quite a bit. I need something more pigmented and something that is easier to fill in large areas of sparseness. I will be sticking to my cream/gel brow products and applying w/ an angled brow brush.

on 5/31/2016 11:32:00 PM

Love this pencil! It's so convenient that it comes with the spoolie on one end, I use it every time I use the pencil to blend out the lines and make things look more natural. I got the shade Brunette (for reference I have dark brown hair and am NC 15) to fill in the first half of my brows, and it works great for that! The pencil is so thin you can make the thinnest lines and get into every sparse area you want. I use Elf's eyebrow kit in Medium for the tails, and it ends up looking really natural. The price is also fantastic, I'll be purchasing again once it runs out.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is my HG brow pencil! I love it! it's a dupe to the ABH brow wiz, which I've tried both. I like them both, but have been continuously buying the NYX because it's $10 cheaper and works the same. I like that it's thin & it's a retractable liner. I like that it has a spooley or mascara wand on the other end. If you use both simultaneously, be aware of the cap sizes! the wand side is shorter than the liner side!

on 5/21/2016 8:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Best. eyebrow. product

This product gives you a lot of control from saturation to hair-like strokes. It's small pencil lets you achieve the natural brow appearance rather than getting sharpie filled in brows. The pigmentation blends perfectly well with your natural brows; whether you put light or hard pressure on the pencil, you are able to still natural. However that being said, I highly recommend to apply this with light featuring strokes and build it up to your desired shape and structure.

on 5/21/2016 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This is a review for the shade Espresso:

This brow pencil is waxy and not well-pigmented. Additionally, the product is very hard to blend. I'll stick to my MAC Eye Brow in Brunette (Anastasia Brow Wiz is not sold in my region).

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I bought this bc I loved the NYX skinny chocolate pencil and thought this would be a good replacement with the bonus spoolie. I was confused about the shade range. Really stood in the aisle for a minute comparing espresso, chocolate brunette, medium brown, dark brown...Frustratingly the shades vary from product to product. I bought the chocolate shade, but turns out it is much redder and lighter than the skinny chocolate pencil. This shade problem combined with the stiff formula just didn't work for me. It is so dry and thin, it feels like I'm just scraping my skin and separating the brow hairs instead of drawing lines. If the color payoff is better in a darker shade, It might work, but the chocolate shade was a fail for me. Also the caps are kinda difficult to get off (no wet fingers) and its harder to tell which end goes where. The spoolie cap is shorter, so if you put it on the wrong end you'll smush the tip of the pencil.

on 4/19/2016 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Love the Taupe shade, as it's a perfect match for my colouring. I appreciate that I may feather and comb the product in, for a natural effect (no drag brows, here!). However, I'm not a fan of the design—NYX needs to differentiate which lid goes on what end, as they're both black, but the pencil end is slightly longer. If one isn't careful, and places the shorter cap over the pencil end: the tip sticks to the inside of the lid, squashing or breaking off a piece. Worse: adheres inside, and draws out a long piece of the product (then, snaps off). They need to do a coloured end, and a black end for the brush.

Good value, wears nicely.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Rating: 4.5~!! This has been my HG brow pencil for over a year now since I stopped using Anastasia's Brow Pomade and Brow Wiz! This is a damn good dupe and the price is perfect. I usually use mine daily and it lasts me for a couple months at a time! I use the color Espresso which is a good color match to Anastasia's dark brown! I have yet to find anything comparable (tried Colourpop's new brow pencils and that was a total disaster.) for the price so I'll be sticking with it for a long time c: The only thing I don't really like is that the spooly is kind of firm, but I still use it because it blends out pretty well! I don't set it with powder or anything because I'm a bit lazy, but I can wear this for HOURS (8+) and it won't fade much. I literally just bought another the other day for when my current one runs out :> this'll be my......6th or more replacement haha I love it that much! NYX is definitely a hit or miss for me (9/10 on the miss side if we're gonna be honest...) but this was definitely a HIT!

on 4/30/2016 9:16:00 PM

This is the perfect dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. Save yourself some $$ and get this pencil! However, if you normally go for the power brow look instead of a natural brow, this product alone will not give you the look you want.

It lasted around 6-8 hours for me before it started to fade and it did not smudge. Mimics thin hair perfectly and is very similar to the ABH brow wiz and the MAC one.

Popular Brows Products