Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette
Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.5

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I always care most about lid color in comparison to the contour color.

This is a lighter lid color which creates a great contour color This palette is perfect. The shadows are pigmented & creamy for powder shadows. Colors are great, it blends easily and you can add other products, and I will definitely repurchase.

on 5/29/2016 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

First off I am a hard one to please when it comes to eyeshadows, always have been,(even when I was cough-cough young/younger :), but these eyeshadow's are so wonderful. They are matte but not dry or cakey looking on the lids. It's brilliant that there are so many shades and they are all matte. They blend dreamily and wear very nicely...especially if you have an eyeshadow base...they are awesome! No creasing and I even wear a satin crème shadow,(usually Chanel), over when I want more oomph and it make's those wear better and look more pigmented.
I do not have oily lids, nor do I have dry lids so, I can't comment on the wear for those who have those issues :(
The price is a tad steep but actually for the quality and number of shades that are all everyday wearable it's of worth to have. It is my go to palate overtaking any of my others including LORAC pro palate. They are better IMO...and I love that Kat has given the 3 base/highlight shades in a large pan each since it's been thought out that I/we always use those the most and usually run out of in other palate's so, so this is just great. I love the look of the box it's beautiful and simple and I've had mine close to a year and it's not shown any wear so, it holds up well,(I do keep mine in a large Stila make up bag, in a zippered compartment).

I would re-purchase this if I ever run out but it's a lot of shadow w/no fall out for me,(there is really no "poof" of powder in the air when you collect your eyeshadow or apply it,(I use her eyeshadow brush w/it which I must say is the best eyeshadow brush I've ever used-but that's another review) and takes so little when applied. Highly recommend I've been incredibly impressed with the quality of these and most of Kat's products albeit I have only dipped my toe in the vastness of her line. :) This is a winner.

I honestly love this palette! The colours are just stunning, it's my go to product without a doubt.
My only complaint is that I don't believe it is as pigmented as people say it is, I cannot use it without primer, but then it could have been a bad batch so I won't hold that against it!
This was bought for me as a birthday gift and I will definitely re-purchase once I've run out!

on 5/18/2016 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have a lot of eyeshadow palettes, but this one really stands out. First, it's all matte. As most of us know, matte shadows can sometimes have quality issues. This palette does not. The shadows in this palette are soft, creamy, blendable, pigmented, and beautiful. They hold up all day on me, although I always use an eyeshadow primer. The colors vary enough that any skintone could make use of this palette. There are warm, cool, and neutral shades. The palette itself is a heavy cardboard with a mirror. The shadows are somewhat powdery and do kick up a bit of dust. This has never bothered me, but I know it is an issue for some. Overall, I think this is a fantastic, sophisticated palette that is ideal for those of us who work in conservative environments. I would definitely repurchase.

on 5/11/2016 11:45:00 PM

It’s been a few years since I’ve written a review. I’m in my early 40’s and have been a makeup junkie since my late teens. I bought this eye palette because I love the Shade + Light contour palette. These eye shadows are amazing and different. If you’re thinking that you have these basic matte shades you’re probably correct – most makeup junkies have multiple pans of these shades from various brands. Why are these different? The finish. Yes… these are soft and pigmented and easily blendable and all the good things that high-end eye shadows are supposed to be. But, the finish is amazing.

The first time I used these shadows I did a mirror check about an hour after I applied my makeup. I don't know when it happened, but the eye shadows became one with my skin. The powder melted in the best way into my skin. All you saw was color and skin texture - no visible powder at all. It was as if my skin was stained with the color. Minimal creasing. Color lasted all day. It looked like I had used a liquid eye color instead of a powder. Beautiful. I wore other colors the next day to see what would happen. It was the same beautiful long lasting stain-like finish. I cannot get enough of this palette.

The black eye color in this palette is the blackest eye shadow I’ve ever applied. Mac, Nars, Chanel, YSL, Dior, you all better bow down to the new reigning matte black eye shadow! I want this shadow in a large pan the size of a blush. How am I supposed to want my other so-called-black eye shadows now? The other colors are also beautiful and very very wearable. I will use every color in this palette. Every. Single. Color. How many palettes can you say that about? This palette was absolutely worth the money and I will always repurchase.

on 5/7/2016 10:52:00 AM

Ehhhhh. Sorry, but this is not for me. I am not a fan of the color selection. I think it is not for paler people, but that is not why I am rating this low. I think the color selection would be great for medium to medium dark skin. It is good that there is an array of shades warm to cool, but as someone that sits squarely in the neutral territory, the neutral quad is not good for me. It is two dark colors and two very light colors. So it is hard to use for me. Also, the two light colors in the neutral quad are almost identical to me, so that is kind of a waste. So pale people beware. However, you have darker skin, I could see this being a good selection of matte colors.

Anyway, color selection aside, the real issue for me is that these shades are so freaking chalky. I am not a huge matte lover to begin with, but thought this would be a good addition to other shimmery palettes. But they will not blend. I like UD and LORAC mattes, they are a bit softer. These are hard and kick out a lot of powder. I have heard that there are bad batches of this, but frankly, that doesn't do much to make me forgive the formula of my palette. Between this and the different batches of Lolita, I have to wonder what is going on with quality control at Kat Von D. The packaging is gorgeous, but this is a fail.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have purchased numerous palettes from numerous brands in my past adult lifetime BUT i must admit that THIS is the HG of them all!!! I do like my UD Naked Palettes for more party wear or if I want to add more colour and sparkle, but I do love this KVD Palette for everyday and low maintenance looks whilst looking sophisticated and natural as it is matte.
I especially love the fact that these are so buttery soft like cream and they last long as the UD eyeshadows without creasing. They blend well (no fuss at all) and the icing on the cake is that it comes with an instructions leaflet on how to use them!!! Did i mention that it also has a HUGE mirror? LOVE!
I am in TOTAL LOVE with this palette!

on 5/6/2016 2:53:00 AM

This is one of my all time fav. pallets. I love how soft and easily they blend.

on 5/5/2016 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

All the shadows in this palette are very pigmented - make no mistake about that. They, however, are also very buttery smooth and easy to blend and matte making it perfect palette for hooded eyes. i love it. repurchasing it for sure.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This eyeshadow really irritated my eyes. After wearing them for an entire day, I couldn't wait to get home from work to wash them off. The Shade and Light face contour palette also made my face tingle, so I think there's just something in these that doesn't agree with me. I have nearly all the other KVD palettes and none of them bother me. I am a big fan of KVD makeup but these weren't for me.