Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 6/28/2017 4:37:00 PM

This foundation is terrible compared to the other products I use. For me the coverage is very sheer and the finish is awfully dry and powdery. I would not recommend it to ppl with dry-normal skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to really love this product until summer hit and I no longer fit into the pale foundation shades. I also found that even with the warmer shades, they don't fit my extremely yellow undertones. I love their range, but I somehow can't find a shade for me specifically at the moment. It's easy to blend and gives a nice medium coverage. Using a glass bottle though can be kind of tricky to use when it gets close to its last leg though especially with how liquidly this product is.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I'm 47 and have very fair skin, and decided to try this because I happened to find it in my shade. It's very difficult for me to find foundation in my shade at the drugstore, and when I do I pick it up. It comes in a lovely range of shades, so if you're difficult to match I definitely encourage you to give it a try. At the price (about $6 a bottle) you really can't go wrong.

First off, I absolutely detest the packaging. It comes in a glass bottle, which is fine, but it doesn't have a pump. I feel like I waste a lot of product, it makes a mess of the neck of the bottle, and it's just difficult to use.

This foundation gives a light to medium coverage. I have a lot of melasma, so it doesn't really work for me. It is somewhat buildable, but not enough to my satisfaction. I find that I can apply it successfully with a brush, a beauty blender or my fingers. I get better coverage with a brush. The damp sponge obviously sheers it out.

It wears fairly well, but at the end of a 13 hour day I can't definitely tell that it's wearing off. It doesn't seem to separate on my face, which is something I've had trouble with in the past with some other brands, even high end ones.

In any event, I think one should give this a try. YMMV, and at the price point you can't go wrong. Many people really love this foundation, and I think it works better for me than even Revlon ColorStay. Unfortunately I haven't found a ds foundation that provides the coverage that I need.

on 6/27/2017 7:18:00 AM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have bought this foundation again because I really liked the shade 220, it fit for me perfect and looked natural. I love how it applies and feels on my skin. I think the quality of this foundation is really good looking at such low price. However, it doesn't last at all on my face. It wears off after a few hours, I hate setting foundation with powder so I do it with a spray but still the same. It doesn't cover pimples - it better suits for day use when you want to look natural. I am a full coverage foundation lover, so I apply a few layers of it and when it wears of I fix it with a brush.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This foundation is pretty good in terms of finish and the way that it feels on the skin, but it does not last at all. My skin is combo, and no matter what primer or setting spray or powder I use, I can't get more than 6-ish hours of wear out of that. It applies nicely, and it is somewhat buildable without looking cakey (in spite of the matte finish.) In and of itself less-than-stellar wear time does not make for a bad product in my book, but there are foundations at similar price points that last and look good on the skin, which is why it loses a lippie from me. The palest shade is lovely for me, and Fit Me Matte & Poreless is one of the palest options at the drug store; I usually have to lighten just about any d/s foundation and this is one of the few exceptions. Due to the wear time as well as the fact that Maybelline is not cruelty free, I won't repurchase this foundation, but if you are on a budget and don't need your foundation to be long-wearing, then I do still recommend this.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have combination skin and this works pretty good for me. I do prime my face before and set my foundation with powder as well as setting spray because I know how oily my face can get. The initial application is matte, through-out the day it does get oily but its just the normal amount, and it doesn't look cakey or runny. By the end of the day it is still on my face and hasn't slipped off which i appreciate. The packaging could be better with a pump.

on 6/16/2017 11:11:00 AM

I am now on my second bottle of this stuff.... I first bought it on a whim when i ran out of my ELDW and just needed something for the next few days until i repurchased that.

This is a light coverage, but can easily be built up and still look "natural" (i say natural because really, how natural can foundation look?) and never makes me look like a cakey mess which i can appreciate. I have an extremely oily t-zone and while i bought the foundation catered towards oily skin, i dint notice a difference with my oiliness even though it says "matte" - however, one plus about this is that most foundations labelled as "matte" are also super drying! this isnt at all. As far as poreless, i didnt notice a difference either.

Normally i would like a higher coverage foundation, but this gets the job done, stays on relatively well for a drug store foundation. For the price, the result, and how long a bottle will last you, you should give this foundation a go.

on 6/18/2017 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Ok os pros & cons wiht this foundation.

Pros:
Price point
Great shade selection

Cons:
Is not matte
Doesn't stay on (extremely oily by end of the day)
Oxidizes a bit
Doesn't offer good coverage

My overall view of this foundation is that it didn't live up to the hype.
It's a great low cost option but I believe you get what you pay for. I bought two different shades to get my exact match. Although there were quite a bit of shades to choose from which was nice. It did not last more than a few ours before turning into an oily mess on my face. I would say I have normal skin with an oily t-zone. I felt like the coverage was just okay. Anywhere from light-medium coverage. Somewhat buildable. For all the hype for being a great durgstore foundation I expected more. This was not matte and it was extremely runny to me. Not good for summer. Might work better if you want a dewy look in the winter and have normal to dry skin.

on 6/16/2017 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great product! Didn't break me out!
Smoothed out my skin, smells nice and worked well to cover dark circle! Recommend yes!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Terrible. Smells weird. Feels terrible and wet like on my face. I was practically dripping in oil by the next hour I had it on my face. It showed all my acne blemishes and was difficult to remove later on.