Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is very mediocre. It looks great for about the first 3 hours on my oily skin, but then once the oils break through it's a mess. It's the kind of foundation that will both cake up and slide all over your face once your oils are through, and the kind of foundation where you can *feel* it sitting on your face after a few hours.

It's ok. Like i said it looks great for a little while, but no amount of powder or setting spray would make it last more than about 3 hours. If your skin is only slightly oily, I think this would be fantastic for you. I think my oils were just too much for this little guy.

The one thing I really and truly hate about this foundation: THE LACK OF A PUMP. C'mon, Maybelline. If you looked at a makeup forum for 5 seconds you would know that is the number one complaint about any foundation. We want pumps.Or at least squeezy tubes. When I travel with this, opening it up is hell. The foundation gets all over the lid, and when you pour it out to put it on it is impossible to pour out a moderate amount. It drives me insane thinking about all of the germs that surely creep in as you pour back into this stupid bottle. Get it together, guys.

Overall though this gets a resounding "meh" from me.

on 5/7/2017 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This foundation is not that good, at least on my combination/ acne-prone skin. It clung onto every fine line I didn't even knew existed. It also clung onto dry patches that- I ALSO didn't even knew existed. Made my skin look cakey no matter how little product I used. And on top of that, it didn't blur my pores at all. So I basically look like a hot mess everytime I use it. Though it definitely looks better if I mix it with 1 drop of serum. But still, this a no repurchase for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Since this product has been very adequately reviewed by so many, I'll just add:
Cons:
- Causes me actual spot-type zits; every time I've used this, after a two or three days of use, I get little red zits here and there. No!
- gets chalky by the end of the day
- I wasted so much of this with this useless glass bottle! Fine for me since I'm getting rid of it, but not so great for those who don't like to waste product!
Pros:
- where it isn't chalky, it's perfectly, gorgeously dewy by the end of the day
- comes in the perfect pale color that doesn't give me white face, but then I don't have a yellow or pink mask, either.

I love the foundation because it does what it says on the packaging and it’s such a light weight foundation!

on 5/5/2017 5:32:00 AM

This foundation for me can compete with its high end counterparts. It is a satin matte finish that remains mostly matte all day without breaking up on my skin. I have oily acne prone skin and am always looking for foundations that continues to look good all day and this one really does work hard for a drug store product. I have to say I tend to always use a makeup primer underneath i.e. L'Oréal Maggic Blur, Too Faced Primed and Poreless or Hourglass mineral veil.

The texture is a thick fluid that applies smoothly with any method of application. A little goes a long way, with a light to medium coverage. I've worn this for 10 hour work days and this holds up with minimum touch ups. The thing that gets me is the pumpless packaging.

I have to say that I am extremely sensitive and get acne the same day if I wear any foundation that irritates and this one faired well on my skin. It doesn't break up on my oily skin and looks good by the end of the day. Overall I will continue purchasing this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation does not work for my skin at all. I have very oily, acne-prone skin, and this foundation did nothing but amplify my shine. It looked flaky and chalky and was uncomfortable to wear for extended periods of time.

on 5/2/2017 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I think this is a great foundation for the price. I'm super oily and this does a great job of controlling oil. The coverage is medium to full. I do have to blot when I wear this but almost as much as I blot with my Estée Lauder Double Wear so I'm not complaining. I'm NC50 and I wear 355 coconut

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite foundation ever! Only problem is the packaging, I wish it had a pump!

on 5/3/2017 4:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Es una base que deja un acabado muy bonito al principio pero después de unas horas la cara brilla mucho, y me saca brotes, el precio es muy económico a mí me costó 4 dólares y compre también el polvo, el polvo si me gusto mucho.

on 5/3/2017 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation did not work for me and I did not find it worth the hype. The coverage was barely there and it didn't allow me to build it up to reach a higher coverage as I have quite troubled skin. This did not last at all and sat funny on my nose and cheeks and separated and looked ugly. Every time I used this foundation I had to take it off because it did not sit well at all. I have quite oily skin and it still slicked off and didn't last. Shade wise it was an almost perfect match. I got the lightest shade 110 as I am really pale and it was a little too light but nothing a little bronzer couldn't fix. Overall this product did not work for me at all and I did not see the hype of it in any way.