Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.9

on 4/9/2015 8:49:00 AM

Wow, such great reviews.....I was fine with the darker colors, but on me, the lighter colors came out chalky and dry looking....with that said, I returned it.

on 3/25/2015 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Whenever I see an all Matte palette I have to have it. I'm not the biggest fan of Tarte eye shadows. I purchased the Be Mattenificent palette when it was relesed and returned it with in a week. I actually like the Tartelette Palette and since I cashed in my Ulta points for this I only ended up paying like $4. While I do enjoy using it would I repurchase if I lost it tomorrow probably not. The shadows IMO are pigment, but don't have an over load of pigment which doesn't really bother me. Sometimes when a matte dark Brown or black has to much pigment they could be hard to work with if your just starting out or even a seasoned vet. I actually display this on my vanity because I like the packing. It has an awesome USABLE mirror and when I travel this is the palette I normally bring since It does have a good mirror. Even though I already own these colors in my collection I still make use of this palette.

on 3/21/2015 2:47:00 AM

At some point or another you grow up and can't wear glimmery shadows pn a day to day basis. This palette is very mature and neutral for everyday use especially . However, it must be used with a primer, I find it does work best with the tarte primer otherwise it doesn't apply as well and ends up creasing and looking chalky. Lastly blending is key, if you don't blend well it'll look cakeyish same goes for over applying this shadow. I love this palette and my favorite colors in it are best friend and bombshell they compliment brown eyes :))

on 3/20/2015 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not a fan. The colors are hard, not easy to pick up and not pigmented on the eye. For the price, there is better. I just picked up the Too Faced Natural Matte Eye and it is by far better in all the ways I listed above.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wasn't sure why I bought this at first, until I got it home and found it had an uncanny resemblance to my own custom 12-pan M.A.C. palette (photos above). Even more remarkable is that other than a small travel palette (Naked2 Basics), it's the only palette I own. I don't have anything like the warmer brown shades in the Tarte palette, but have many other near-dupes that I thought would be helpful to show here (see the "Tarte/MAC" swatches above). For example: Super Mom / Blanc Type; Caregiver / Yogurt (Caregiver is a tad more pink); Force of Nature / Malt (FON is more orange-y); Natural Beauty / Haux (also surprisingly similar to "Quarry" when swatched); Best Friend / Blackberry; Power Player / Copperplate (Power Player is more of a taupe; Copperplate more of a slate); Multi-Tasker / Mystery (Mystery is cooler); Fashionista / Typographic (Fashionista is much darker, more like MAC "Carbon"). I don't have a dupe for "Bombshell," but it is a beautiful dark plum.

For those of you who already own some of these M.A.C. colors, or are wanting some of these colors, this might help you decide if you are on the fence. Although the Tarte palette looks cool at first glance, it has several warm colors and some warmer undertones, suitable for many skin colors.

PROS: Beautiful matte color selection; highly pigmented; smooth application; nice large mirror; adjustable mirror angle; compact size; reasonable price (considering my M.A.C. palette cost close to $150 to put together, the $44 Tarte price looks like a bargain).
CONS: Plastic case (I marked it down one lip because the tiny bits that hold the mirror upright broke off while gently adjusting the mirror to take the photo)
FAVORITE COLOR: "Power Player" - A gorgeous taupe
BOTTOM LINE: I still prefer the quality and colors of my cooler M.A.C. shades for everyday use, but may reach for this occasionally for a more dramatic evening look. Didn't really "need" this with so many dupes, and would not likely repurchase, though would love to get "Power Player" if they ever offer it as a single.

I have been looking for a good matte palette for a long time, so when I saw this, I knew I had to buy it. I really like it so far, and is has replaced my Naked2 as my everyday palette.

Price: $44 for 12 x 0.053 oz shadows, which is very reasonable in my opinion.

Packaging: The packaging is travel friendly, as it is slim, yet sturdy. It's pretty as well and the big mirror will stand up by itself, which is a big plus in my opinion. [5/5]

Colors: Neutral, perfect for everyday looks. I'm glad there is no random bright color in it, which is the case with a lot of other palettes. The plum shades are subtle and very wearable and the black shade is perfect to use as liner or to set liquid liner. I would have liked a pure white shade instead of the cream one, and the colors to be a little cooler overall, but that is just me. [4/5]

Quality: All of the shadows are very pigmented and smooth. They might look chalky on arm swatches, but they apply beautifully to the lids with a brush. The texture is not as buttery as Urban Decay and a little on the powdery side, but still very easy to blend. I have not noticed any fallout. [5/5]

Longevity: I always use Urban Decay Primer Potion, so I cannot comment on performance without a base. These shadows last around 10 hours without any creasing on my rather oily lids. [5/5]

Tl;dr: Great product, 5/5, would recommend

I LOVE this palette! Every shade is beautiful! It is my go to palette for every day. I love mattes, and the purple/mauve shades are my favorites. They are all blendable and beautifully pigmented. I have tons of palettes, all the Nakeds, the Chocolate Bars, MAC, Morphe, others from Too Faced, IT, Stila, Smashbox (I could go on and on!), but this is hands down my most beloved.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This palette is all of my dreams come true so please keep in mind that I can be a little bias.
The product quality is amazing. All the colors are highly pigmented, smooth and easy to apply; you don't need to pack much on. Some of the second column shades might apply a bit blotchy in the crease (that's where I use them), not sure if there's a flaw in the formula or my skills.
The colours, as I stated, are everything I've ever dreamed of. Taupes and dusty mauves/purples are what looks best with my eye colour (gray with a turquoise hue to them which really pops with the stated eyeshadow colours) and there aren't many shades from this family on the market at all: the taupes are either too beige or too gray, the dusty purples simply don't exist.I've had a cheap e/s palette from China (good quality, too, if you know how to work it) and it had those colours and that was when I realised they were my HG shades, but I ran out and thought it was over forever until the Tartelette palette came out.
The two bottom rows are exactly what I need and want and I couldn't be happier with it. The top row I don't use that often, I think it would be perfect to do neutral looks for those with deeper toned skin. I also almost never use the black shade.
I really, really love that it's matte, without even a hint of shimmer or sheen. I'm tired of every eyeshadow ever being shimmery. ALTHOUGH, the matte texture accentuates the loose skin on the eyelids. I'm very young but I already have saggier eyelids than normal and one of my eyes is hooded. It can be made less harsh by mixing your e/s primer with an eye cream before priming or using a really moisturising creamy primer (mine is quite dry/drying), but keep in mind that if you have mature or mature-looking eyelids, this might make it worse. The matte eyeshadows from the previously stated chinese palette I have didn't accentuate the saggy skin this much.
The packaging is fine. I'm always afraid to drop it bc it's not so small and not so big but that's an irrational fear. It opens a bit difficult, you might mess up your nail polish if you have any on.
Overall, I'm in love. This is pretty much my go-to palette every time I do makeup, as I don't use any other e/s shades except for maybe reddish ones when I feel like it and that's when I turn to my chinese one. Definitely would repurchase, although by the time I run out they'll have stopped making it.

on 2/25/2015 10:10:00 AM

I really love Tarte's Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows palette! Beautiful, lovely matte colors that apply like a dream, with virtually no fall-out whatsoever. I can't hardly do shimmery shadows anymore, as they accentuate what little fine lines that I do have around my eye area, so I was absolutely giddy that Tarte came out with these matte shadows. The case is so darn neat too. I am glad that it was not a cardboard case. I'm not crazy about cardboard with cosmetics. It has a huge mirror, which I do use while I'm applying the shadows. Not so horribly long ago matte shadows could be very chalky. You're not going to find chalkiness with these shadows. And the colors are amazing! I love every single color in the palette, so I really feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

on 2/26/2015 4:31:00 PM

This palette is for anyone who enjoys doing eye looks. The all matte palette has multiple beautiful transition shades, a few highlight shades and of course some deepening shades. This palette can be used alone daily or can be mixed with any other palette if you want to add some shimmer. I use this daily!