Maybelline The Nudes

3.4

Really enjoy this palette. Good value, easy to mix and match. Small size, so you can stick it in your makeup bag to travel. I wear this palette a lot.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This has pro's and con's..
I would like to give it 3.5/5.
Pro's

The shade selection is good. There are some very pretty colors. I especially like the very dark blue/black at the end of the palette along with the mid brown shades in the middle. All three of these shades have fab pigmentation. The price is also very reasonable for the amount of shadows you get. Nowhere near as expensive as the Naked Palettes and the other Urban Decay palettes on the market. Also this palette contains 12 shadows and is cheaper than one MAC eyeshadow and some of these shades are just as good quality in my opinion. The packaging is also handy. It's hard and solid and can easily fit into my handbag without breaking or taking up too much room.

Con's

Some of the shades (especially the lighter ones) aren't very pigmented at all and really need building up. The amount of product you get doesn't seem a lot and also a few of the shades are somewhat the same.

This palette will probably last me awhile nonetheless, although I do like this palette and it has some good features I probably wouldn't purchase again due to some of the shades just not been pigmented enough. I would probably purchase a few shades from this palette again individually.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I've been wanting to dip my toe in the world of expanded eyeshadow palettes for some time but haven't felt moved to justify the pricetag of an Urban Decay Naked Palette, I also don't really like the bulky size of them. Enter Maybelline The Nudes. Here are my thoughts:

It's true that Maybelline eyeshadows aren't the BEST quality, but of all the drugstore brands, they are my favorite in this category. Applied over a primer, the majority show up beautifully and blend very nicely. I think this is a great starter palette of neutrals. It comes with a really clever application guide for suggested color combos as duos, trios, and quads. It's fun to experiment with and it's budget-friendly.

If anything, this palette has allowed me to explore a wide variety of neutral color combinations and discover what really works best for me. Now, if I want to, I can get the build-your-own quad palette from Urban Decay and fill it with colors I know I'll be happy to use on the daily. I would love it if Maybelline came out with something along the lines of that. They'd make a killing---they offer the best color and quality selection of the drugstore brands, imho. Revlon tried to create a build-your-own but from what I've read, the quality of that shadow range is pretty crappy. If only Maybelline had come up with that packaging gimmick instead, I would have been ALL OVER it. Whoops! Sorry, got on a tangent there.

Summary: Budget-friendly, must use with an eyeshadow primer, great starter palette of neutrals for seasoned makeup junkies and novices alike.

these neg reviews.. some r butt hurt cause they spend 50.00 for the UD palette so they want to say this is crap so they don't feel so screwed. the price and pigment is good colors are pretty there is a little fall out but it has lasted me all day. also the pans havent fell out like the UD palette does.I will buy again

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like that DS brands are finally making palettes. I reach for this when I'm in a hurry and don't have time to be careful. Quality, color, and tone selection is great for the price ($10)! Works best when you use a good primer! These shadows performed well for me. I have no complaints. I would actually buy another when I run out, for the same use or to throw in my bag-I really don't like carrying HE palettes around, unless they are travel sized, and I know that I can get another. I bought one for my 13 yo daughter. She really likes hers as well. I like that it has a dark brown and a black to use as a liner. Props to Maybelline! Would like to add that pigmentation actually got better the more it got used. The shadows get softer under the surface, especially the shimmers.

Terrible pigmentation. This is what happens when drugstore companies rush into the palette craze without putting thought and effort into making quality shadows. The only shades worth while are the two gold shades in this palette.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Lovely to look at in the kit. But, wearing it is a different story. The shadows have no staying power and don't apply well. I can get the same effect from eyeshadow from the 99 cent store. Disclaimer: I have oily skin.

First of all, can we just celebrate the fact that drugstore brands are even coming out with these type of palettes? THANK YOU MAYBELLINE!!

Now, on to the product review.
If you are just getting into makeup, just getting into eyeshadows, want to mess around with looks but not shell out the cash for the highend palettes, this is around $10, you'll love this and its perfect for you.

Personally........
I liked the packaging, i liked all the different variety of nudes. I loved the IDEA of this palette But....
None of these shades looked right on me. I found them a bit chaulky, lots of fall out. The pigmentation was OK. I wish there were more matte's. I did like the one skin color type color for my under eye.

I also have the blushed nudes palette(available only at Walmarts) which i liked the color selection a tad more. However i've recently purchased L'Oreal's La Palettes 1 & 2 and i prefer them much more.

I was excited to try this product, but overall was disappointed buy the quality of the eye shadows.

Pros- Affordable
- Decent Packaging

Cons- Not pigmented
- Not easy to blend
- Lack of matte colors
- Color does not last long
- Shadow falls out

I would not recommend this product, the shadows lack pigmentation. To get the shadows to show any color on my face, I get my brush wet, and build the color. The shadow does not last, and falls out under my eyes, making it look like I have awful dark circles. If you are interested in an amazing nude palette, spend a little more. In theory this would be a great palette, but in reality it is not worth the money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Maybe I had too high of an expectation, but I'm REALLY disappointed by this palette. Looking for a simple and natural everyday-go-to palette, I was pretty excited to try this out, but...
-the pigmentation on a lot of the shades are just so lacking
-oh the chalkiness
-like the pigmentation, staying power is non-existent...

It's still somehow buildable, but that defeats the purpose of a quick and easy look in the morning :/