Maybelline New York The Nudes

3.4

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really do like this eyeshadow. It's like butter, so creamy and smooth putting it on. But, only about half of the colors are appropriate for daily use, the other half are far too dark to wear to work or the store, etc. They're more of a party or bar look. Unless you wear dark colors on your eyes at all times, then good for you at finding this. There are a lot of colors to play around with so it's worth the money. Since you can't (or shouldn't) use all of the colors every day this will definitely last you a while so it's a practical purchase. I don't think I will end up buying this more than a few times in my lifetime though

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I picked up this product awhile ago and I have mixed feelings about it. I mean it's alright, it's not horrible but I would say this is a miss by Maybelline. I wouldn't put your money into it. The pigmentation is bare minimum even with a primer and it has quite a chalky consistency. Not a fan. You can't build with this product and believe me I have tried. It is more on the expensive side for a drugstore product so overall I would suggest you save your money and invest it elsewhere as this is quite a junky product in my opinion. Not worth the time or money but that is just my opinion. If you are a person used to higher end eyeshadows, I guarantee you will not like this product. This palette could possibly be good for a beginner or someone in middle school, so if you fall into that category then you just might like this palette, other than that it is a no from me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this palette! I have the naked palette and only use it on special occasions because I'm the kind of person that is afraid to use something so nice (lol) but this is great for how cheap it is and there aren't many neutral palettes in the drugstore. The colors have great pigmentation and I love taking it on the go! I am looking forward to getting the new blushed nude when it comes to my area!

Really enjoy this palette. Good value, easy to mix and match. Small size, so you can stick it in your makeup bag to travel. I wear this palette a lot.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This has pro's and con's..
I would like to give it 3.5/5.
Pro's

The shade selection is good. There are some very pretty colors. I especially like the very dark blue/black at the end of the palette along with the mid brown shades in the middle. All three of these shades have fab pigmentation. The price is also very reasonable for the amount of shadows you get. Nowhere near as expensive as the Naked Palettes and the other Urban Decay palettes on the market. Also this palette contains 12 shadows and is cheaper than one MAC eyeshadow and some of these shades are just as good quality in my opinion. The packaging is also handy. It's hard and solid and can easily fit into my handbag without breaking or taking up too much room.

Con's

Some of the shades (especially the lighter ones) aren't very pigmented at all and really need building up. The amount of product you get doesn't seem a lot and also a few of the shades are somewhat the same.

This palette will probably last me awhile nonetheless, although I do like this palette and it has some good features I probably wouldn't purchase again due to some of the shades just not been pigmented enough. I would probably purchase a few shades from this palette again individually.

Terrible pigmentation. This is what happens when drugstore companies rush into the palette craze without putting thought and effort into making quality shadows. The only shades worth while are the two gold shades in this palette.

these neg reviews.. some r butt hurt cause they spend 50.00 for the UD palette so they want to say this is crap so they don't feel so screwed. the price and pigment is good colors are pretty there is a little fall out but it has lasted me all day. also the pans havent fell out like the UD palette does.I will buy again

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like that DS brands are finally making palettes. I reach for this when I'm in a hurry and don't have time to be careful. Quality, color, and tone selection is great for the price ($10)! Works best when you use a good primer! These shadows performed well for me. I have no complaints. I would actually buy another when I run out, for the same use or to throw in my bag-I really don't like carrying HE palettes around, unless they are travel sized, and I know that I can get another. I bought one for my 13 yo daughter. She really likes hers as well. I like that it has a dark brown and a black to use as a liner. Props to Maybelline! Would like to add that pigmentation actually got better the more it got used. The shadows get softer under the surface, especially the shimmers.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I've been wanting to dip my toe in the world of expanded eyeshadow palettes for some time but haven't felt moved to justify the pricetag of an Urban Decay Naked Palette, I also don't really like the bulky size of them. Enter Maybelline The Nudes. Here are my thoughts:

It's true that Maybelline eyeshadows aren't the BEST quality, but of all the drugstore brands, they are my favorite in this category. Applied over a primer, the majority show up beautifully and blend very nicely. I think this is a great starter palette of neutrals. It comes with a really clever application guide for suggested color combos as duos, trios, and quads. It's fun to experiment with and it's budget-friendly.

If anything, this palette has allowed me to explore a wide variety of neutral color combinations and discover what really works best for me. Now, if I want to, I can get the build-your-own quad palette from Urban Decay and fill it with colors I know I'll be happy to use on the daily. I would love it if Maybelline came out with something along the lines of that. They'd make a killing---they offer the best color and quality selection of the drugstore brands, imho. Revlon tried to create a build-your-own but from what I've read, the quality of that shadow range is pretty crappy. If only Maybelline had come up with that packaging gimmick instead, I would have been ALL OVER it. Whoops! Sorry, got on a tangent there.

Summary: Budget-friendly, must use with an eyeshadow primer, great starter palette of neutrals for seasoned makeup junkies and novices alike.

I was excited to try this product, but overall was disappointed buy the quality of the eye shadows.

Pros- Affordable
- Decent Packaging

Cons- Not pigmented
- Not easy to blend
- Lack of matte colors
- Color does not last long
- Shadow falls out

I would not recommend this product, the shadows lack pigmentation. To get the shadows to show any color on my face, I get my brush wet, and build the color. The shadow does not last, and falls out under my eyes, making it look like I have awful dark circles. If you are interested in an amazing nude palette, spend a little more. In theory this would be a great palette, but in reality it is not worth the money.