J. Lo Glow

J. Lo Glow

2.7

on 11/5/2011 2:28:00 AM

I forgot how much I liked J. Lo Glow until I smelled my sister wearing it recently. I found it in a gift pack as the stores are bringing them in for Christmas. It has a cute 5 inch bottle of Glow and a bottle of Love and Glamour (ugh). I'm going to keep the Glow and get rid of the L&G because it's exactly the kind of scent I hate (to me it smells like an old sour dishcloth sprayed with RAID).

I do love Glow because not only is it a sexy bottle, but it's one of the only scents that I can actually smell on my own skin after 5 minutes (unfortunately the same is true of the hated L&G). I have several high end perfumes that I love by Lise Watier, Narciso Rodriguez, Ralph Lauren, and Givenchy - all of them wonderful, but I can't smell them on me after I put them on! I love the white roses/Egyptian musk smell - I'm so happy I found this cute sized bottle because I'll take it with me on my upcoming trip to Egypt.

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I can see how this has gained an enormous following, it's quite pleasant but it smells like the China Rain fragrances of every oil shop in town.
For my personal taste it has too much musk and is too sweet. Fortunately, it tends to have an evanescence that leaves the observer wanting more rather than being overpowered.

on 10/31/2011 7:35:00 PM

First, for years I was anosmic to Glow, so I'm going to offer a warning here as a public service: DO NOT OVERSPRAY!!! Just Don't Do It!!!

Glow has some musk components that are among the most common for anosmia -- inability to smell. I would literally drench my arm in this, put my nose half an inch away, and smell only a vague suntan lotion scent. Then one day did my usual "what's all the fuss about?" spritz as I passed it on the fragrance counter, and BABAMMM! This very huge sillage Egyptian musk/lily scent.

Glow is a beautiful, soapy, your-skin-but-better Egyptian musk with lily of the valley and rose heart notes. In the base there's delicate vanillic notes that warm it up in a truly subtle way. Glow also has killer sillage that lasts for hours. UNDERSPRAY. Glow is lovely under or over fragrances to warm or clean them up, has nice extendor products, and is really beautifully made. It is very close to the TerraNova products and it wouldn't surprise me at all if it were influenced by them; however Glow has more vanilla in the base to my nose.

This is a great scent for bedtime, or when you don't want to smell like you're wearing perfume, or for the office. I always enjoy wearing it.

on 10/25/2011 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Oh how I love this scent! It's one of my all-time favorite scents! The only problem is that it makes me sneeze & I'm trying to get away from nasty ingredients in products. Fragrance is a blanket term used to mask 100's of ingredients combined to concoct the fragrances we love. After some time, I was able to find a company that duplicates popular scents using essential oils & the awesome part is that it lasts longer than any commercial parfum I've purchased. I was able to have 'Glow' made for me & it smells just the same, thank goodness.

Never in my life would I have bought this myself. BUt when I was given this fragrance as a gift, I was pleasantly surprised. It is a simple, soapy scent, but for what it is... quite complex. If that makes sense. This smells like classic soap, but in a good sense. At least to my nose. It is sweet and powdery and flowery, so you def. need to like that kind of scent. But if you do, give this a try. I would NEVER EVER have thought that Glow would become a staple in my perfume wardrobe.

I've never really been a Jennifer Lopez fan but I tried this when it came out and instantly fell in love with this scent. This has pretty much been my main perfume over the years and I still love it just as much as I did back then.

on 8/24/2011 5:00:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I smelled this on someone and had to ask what it was cause I'd spent ages thinking, everytime she walks in this room she smells so clean and soapy and just lovely. To me, it has a clean, fresh soapy smell....just someone who is clean and really lovely smelling. I love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this a very long time ago when it first came out and I just wanna say Im such a big fan of hers. I love the bottle its gorg and so is she but this stuff smells awful to me. It smells like sweet urine idk
overall rating-1
price-2
packaging-5 love the bottle
buy again-nope

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't get why this perfume is rated at a 2.7! It's not as bad as people claim it to be, but I guess everyone has different preferences when it comes to fragrances. I used to wear this scent alot during high school - I think it might have been my first fragrance and I recently found a bottle of it pretty cheap at an outlet store. I don't think it smells "soapy" like some people say it is. To me, it smells fresh, slightly sweet/citrusy from the orange blossom and then the dry-down is like a soft sandalwood/amber/musk combination. It's just a typical floral musky smell - not very unique, quite generic smelling in my opinion but it's still a nice scent for daily wear. I think it's one of the better smelling fragrances from the J.Lo Glow range.

on 9/18/2011 4:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Through the years that I've tried this, my opinions have definitely changed -- most drastically in the last two days. Before, I had samples laying around and would put them on just to finish them off after a shower. It smelled okay; soft and pleasant, but not altogether mind-blowing. Then the other night and I decided to try it on my arm before bed [this is in another attempt to finish off my samples] and found it very, very likeable - soft, inoffensive, romantic? And in a weird way, it DID seem to 'glow' - though I wonder how much of that was just the name. A nice scent, to be sure, and I was even considering buying a bottle! And then I tried it again and -- all I smell is clean, pleasant but unremarkable soapiness. How did the soap not scream out to me before? It's not altogether bad, but I can think of many better scents I would rather shower with. This smells like cheap liquid handsoap with a musky base in the effort to smell expensive. [Fail] Even as a teenager, I would not have been caught wearing this.

Edit Dec. 12, 2011:
This is disgusting. I don't know what I was thinking, but every time I pass it now, I gag. So soapy, so generic. If you want to smell like a fourteen year old with no sense of smell, go nuts. [No offense to young teenies, much love guys <3] I know I will make sure my kids step out of the house smelling delicious and not ...trashy. This smells like something someone would use to cover up the smell of booze and cigarettes. And of course, fail miserably.

Popular Fragrances