Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.5

on 4/11/2016 11:16:00 PM

I cannot believe why I've waited so long to get this! Sure, I have tons of neutral palettes, but this just does't compete with the rest! There are endress possibilities of looks to achieve with this palette, whether you desire a natural day-time look or something for a night out! The shade selection is great and it has enough matte shadows for a complete eye look. My favorite shades are Marzipan and Salted Caramel (great crease color for hazel eyes) and my least favorite shade is the light pink shade because it doesn't show up on my lids, nor is it as pigmented as the rest of the shadows. But, I sometimes use it to hightlight the browbone since it shows up more white than pink on my skintone.
Overall, I give this palette two thumbs up and five lippies because I've never been so happy in the morning to apply eyeshadow!

This palette is one of my must haves when it comes to versatile makeup looks. I can have a natural look one day, and a dramatic look the next. It always depends on my mood.
This palette is also very universal for most skin tones. There are dark browns and one pop of colour, purple. There are amazing shimmers and smooth mattes in this palette.
I would recommend using a primer with these shadows just to extend it's lasting power and vibrancy.

Pros:
-Long lasting
-Pigmentation is AMAZING (depends on the colour)
-Versatile colours/looks
-Smells like chocolate
-No fallout in the pan or on eye
-Packaging is AWESOME

Cons:
-Some shades aren't pigmented
-Pricey! (if you live in Canada, this palette with be around $66!)

Shades to love:
-Salted Caramel is a soft, matte shade. Great transition shade for the crease. Amazing pigmentation and great lasting power.
-Marzipan is a shimmer, creamy, light pinky-gold shade. Great all over the lid shade and highlight. This shadow is very pigmented.

Shade to be aware of:
-Strawberry Bon Bon is an OK shade. It looks like a light pink, matte shadow in the pan. But when swatched and worn on, it's very white. (very similar to white chocolate which is a must have in this palette) I was disappointed that it wasn't more pink.

Overall, this palette is a must have with a few down falls. But I would recommend this palette to people who love practicality and fun!!

on 4/3/2016 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely my new all-time favourite palette. So pigmented and blendable with a great range of shadows varying from matte to shimmer shades. Perfect for any smokey, especially brown toned look. An added bonus that it smells like chocolate -5 lipsticks from me!

on 4/1/2016 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this palette! As much as I love my reliable Urban Decay Naked palette, the chocolate bar palette may be my new favourite. This has all the neutral shades you need plus it has a few non neutral colours to change an eye makeup look up a bit. If you love neutral eye shadows and want to try something a bit different I would defiantly recommend. This is a really versatile palette and the shadows have a beautiful texture and blend like a dream. Plus it smells of chocolate!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Holy Grail makeup product ever!!!

I fell in love with this palette after seeing reviews here on makeup alley and swatching it at the store.
I originally bought the NAKED 2 palette and damn, I hated that crap. Although I did love the colors like YDK and verve but honestly placed on the eye they mixed and looked the same. I returned it and for 5$ less and 4 shadows more, I got this amazing thing of a Palette. Thanks Too Faced. I loooove it. It's so easy to apply when you're in a rush. The color pay off is amazing. I can easily just throw it on my finger and dab it on my eyelid. I use the bottom right shadow sometimes as a face highlighter too (the amount in that pan!) and the smell? I love opening it and putting more on my face and having the smell follow me all day. And you can create so many looks with it. A golden look, a smokey eye, a colourful look, and with naked I didn't have that Verasatility. My friends ask me what palettes I would recommend, and hands down, this one. If I was rich I would buy them all this. And trust me, I'm not one to write amazing reviews about a product I'm usually just "meh" about the makeup I buy. I'm not easily impressed.

Like, I wasn't impressed with the Kylie Jenner lip kit.
But anyway, the only reason I give this 4 lippies is Bc some of the shadows have those circles in the pan

on 3/25/2016 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

yes you need this palette. it's beautiful and smells amazing! great pigmentation and blends like a dream

out of this, the Naked 2,or the Chocolate bon bon. THIS one is my fav. I have used every single one, they blend amazingly well, they are soft, pigmented, smell SO SO good. The shadow last really well. I'm a cool toned PALE PALE PALE girl and yet every single one of these colours look beautiful and I am by no means a professional. Let's be real here, I'm still learning to makeup ;) I use this every day. I will NEVA BE WITHOUT

on 3/14/2016 11:45:00 AM

Truly a beautiful palette, and it smells like chocolate! The colors are very pigmented and blend easily, and the baked/glittery shades apply surprisingly well. It lasts a long time on me, and it's really good for a natural eye look. Definitely one of my favorite palettes.

on 3/14/2016 10:00:00 AM

Probably my favorite palette. Love the colors, the texture and of course the smell! It was quite expensive but totally worth it. What I'm not sure about is how long the eye shadows last during a busy day when you start sweating etc. Anyway in general I think I am in love with Too Faced cosmetics!

on 3/13/2016 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is one of my most frequently used palettes. I also purchased the Semi-Sweet palette but I would definitely recommend this one over the two. The shadows are pigmented, smooth, blend easily and last well on the lids. The Marzipan shade is my favourite inner corner highlight shade, such a flattering colour for green eyes and really makes them pop. Salted caramel is another winner, a beautiful warm orangey brown and the two matte browns are great. The one negative for me would be the packaging - I don't find it to be travel friendly, the lid doesn't stay up like the Tarte palettes and the mirror is quite small.