Urban Decay NAKED3

Urban Decay NAKED3

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/16/2016 6:03:00 AM

I got this palette recently and i have to say its really
Pretty, the packging, the shades.
you can do alot of beautiful soft looks with it . The shadow Nooner is my perfect blending shade for the crease, Liar is amazing all over the lid and all the draker shades are so amazing and so pigmented!
Only shadow i was a bit disappointed about was Trick, its more on the sheer side.
Expect some fall out when you use some of the shimmery shades.
Overall i love this palette because the shades are really useful for the everyday which is the main reason why i bought it.

on 1/14/2016 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

After using and loving the NAKED palette, I saw this one and had to try it. I was immediately drawn to the gorgeous rose gold shades, and having had a good experience with the NAKED palette as far as pigmentation and its ability to last throughout the day, it was no question for me.

As with the NAKED, I loved the presentation/organization of the shadows from lightest to darkest, as this served as somewhat of a visual aid for me in deciding which shades to wear together. Slightly pricey, though comparable to most other high end palettes and so worth it given the use I've gotten out of it.

on 1/5/2016 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I had eyed this for a *while*. A few years back, I settled on Too Faced Chocolate Bar as a treat/purchase from gift cards I had received, and I do love that. But I kept eyeing it...I even bought a knock off palette (which was terrible and muddy; Makeup Revolution. Although I will say, their dupe for Darkside was better than the original :O). One day there was a great sale and I had a gift card again so I went for it.

Packaging is absolutely fantastic. It's gorgeous and sleek and closes well (unlike the first one) and is just pretty. The brush is amazing and the samples of the primer finally changed my mind about UD Primer in general (I don't know HOW I used to not like it, this stuff is necessary in my life).

Color wise I'm extremely pleased. I love the fact that there are mattes, as I've gotten in to those lately and had picked up a few shades but these complete it. Because I have the Too Faced I don't personally need any browns or golds, but I wanted a warmer, subtle look and this really delivers. I could have used a legit PINK matte in the palette. I do have the Strawberry Bon Bon from my Too Faced palette, I just have a little anxiety about it running out lol. It looks great to add that in to one of the looks from this palette as well. But I like that the pinks in this have a mauvey/dusty tone which I feel like is still extremely 'in' and appropriate for all ages.

The shimmers have a little fall out but I don't feel it's as bad as others are saying, with the exception of Dust. I like that they add a little pop but I prefer the mattes and satins. I use Trick the least and after that, Blackheart, but I use every color at least sometimes. I notice Trick is slightly rosier when compared with other gold/bronzes and I'm going to try to incorporate that more. I'm also a little disappointed in Strange, I feel it could be a little butterier but I know that's really hard to do in a super light matte. (I prefer the TF White Chocolate) Limit, Nooner and Darkside are my favorite colors, but I feel the quality and texture is best with Liar, Factory and Mugshot.

However, I do have to be honest and say that if I had to pay full price for it then no, I wouldn't buy it again. I'm really a bargain buyer and while I enjoy things like this, I don't often find they are always necessary for that high of a price. And of course a lot depends on personal finances. Those who have the money think it's not a big deal, while my only two high end palettes are this and the TF. I think the TF is better in terms of quality and formula. I also was gifted an UD Book of Shadows IV and find those are also a bit more buttery than this one. But for the sake of argument, with sales and gift cards and being extremely choosey and limited about what I would get, yes, I was extremely happy I bought this and think it's a great palette.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have extremely fair skin and green eyes, and the colors in this palette would wonderfully for me. Even though they are all similar in color, I can get many different looks. I also love that although I am so pale, I can use every single color - even the darkest.

on 1/3/2016 10:40:00 PM

This is my fav to look at , but rarely used like once in a yr , the colors don't show on my pink undertone nc20 at all , huge disappointment as I wanted to love it

Gorgeous rosy colours! I love the variety of pink shades ranging from dark to light and some matte shades to blend everything out. I love using the palette to add some glitter to more dramatic looks, and the matte shades for more everyday wear to create a natural makeup look. I own the naked 2 aswell and I love that there aren't any overlaps in shades. They work very well together and alone. I love how easily they blend out and work together!

on 12/30/2015 11:02:00 AM

I don't think this should be marketed as a "Naked" palette - it's super not neutral. Almost every look you can create will seem very...well, PINK. That being said, it's also really pretty. The packaging is lovely and sturdy and has a large mirror as well as an awesome brush that I actually use. I advise getting this one if you will *really really really* use a variety of pink eyeshadows. And as always, keep your coloring in consideration! I have dark hair/eyes and olive skin and I can create about 3 distinguishable eye looks with this palette, even when using totally different shades. I really like those looks, but still. My fair-skinned, blonde, blue-eyed best friend rocks her Naked3 a hundred different ways and they all look awesome and make her eyes look like glass marbles.

I find most of the shades to be of quality and easily blended with good longevity over a primer. There are some that are better than others (for example, I can't get Trick to work for me, which sucks because it's very pretty). Honestly, these aren't the most amazing eyeshadows on the market - but they are still very good. There's definitely lots of fallout but it's not unmanageable (I advise doing your eyes before everything else when using it).

It's tough for me to coordinate my other makeup when wearing this. You REALLY have to make sure your blush doesn't clash, and your lipstick choices are kinda limited (at least for me).

Another gripe I have (and not just with this palette, but with all the Naked palettes) is that the everyday shades (Strange, Limit, Nooner) that you'll probably use every single time should come in larger pans. I've hit hardcore pan on 3 shades in my Naked 1 and the others still have tons of product left.

In summary, this isn't a must have palette or the only one you should have in your collection if you're really into neutral shadows. For $54, make sure you absolutely love the shades and that they'll work for you. I'm going to keep it, and probably use it a lot, but I still don't find it very versatile. 3.5 stars for me, 4 stars for overall quality.

on 12/25/2015 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It took me a long time to really make my mind up on this palette. I’ve had it for about a year so I think I’ve finally formed a full opinion. TL;DR: mediocre, although there are a few pretty great shades in here.

I have pretty high expectations for palettes, especially if I’m going to spend over $50 on it. Plus I’m just an eyeshadow snob. I don’t think buying this particular palette is worth it because overall, the eyeshadow texture is dryer and hard to blend especially compared with previous naked palettes. I thought I *had* to have this palette because I’m obsessed with rose gold and the pinks just looked amazing. Unfortunately, there simply isn’t enough diversity in this palette. I can’t really create a number of looks with it, not much beyond two basic ones before they all start to look very similar. My biggest gripe was probably the lack of diversity in shade. I find the shades are just duller in real life. Some of these photos make them look more vibrant.

So on to the shades. The all-star shades in here for me are nooner, blackheart, and strange.
- Nooner is an amazing transition shade that creates a lot of depth when applied to the crease for most looks, and of course the signature rosey gold look. I find myself using this whenever I’m doing a smokey eye, just add this above your dark crease colors along with a softer brown and voila. How I wish UD had this in their full eyeshadows!
- Strange is a perfect matte, subtle highlight for everyday.
- Blackheart is the perfect dark crease color, I almost always end up using this in the outer v as well.
- Limit doesn’t show up on my NW35 skin. A waste.
- Dust has tons and tons of fall out, but I looove using this wet for inner corners or the innermost color. It seriously pops. A cleanup is absolutely required though because it will fall over your face.
- Burnout & Buzz are both pretty good.
- The other shades were almost all useless to me because I found the similar shades in the previous palettes are just more blendable, smooth, and pigmented. And also the fact that there are very similar shades in n1&2..

THE EYEBRUSH: Holy moly. I love this brush. Seriously. The “smaller” end with less bristles is fucking amazing for applying color into the innermost part of eye. I always use this when I wanna apply a dramatic color wet! And the other end is great for packing color into the crease. It offers great precision and applies the color very densely. I wish I could just buy this brush.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Not worth the hype. I bought this and regret it every time I look at it. Of course I use it and try my best to make it work since it was so expensive, but this is the last time I buy Urban Decay. I am always let down. There is so much fallout in this palette and the lighter shades all look similar

on 1/1/2016 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

As with all Urban Decay Naked palettes, the shadows are of beautiful quality and are nicely pigmented. But overall I find this palette too be somewhat disappointing. I am a huge fan of the first Naked palette and thought that on my dark tan skin tone some of the shadows looked the same on the eye. I think people with lighter to medium skin tones who love pink eye shadows will love this palette. While there are some beautiful shades there are also some good cheaper dupes of this palette that I would suggest buying instead of this one.