Urban Decay NAKED3

Urban Decay NAKED3

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

this product is sorta in between. the pigmentation isn't good at all even with the primer potions. I think the colors would be extremely beautiful... if they were more pigmented! there is also a lot of fallout

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love the pigmentation , beautiful colors, I read some bad reviews about this product but I saw a tutorial on youtube using the naked3 so I decided to buy it , for me its a little dificult because in Peru we dont have Sephora so it was a risk but I ordered it online and I really dont regreat it, its great , I describe the palette like a romantic type with rose and mauves tones , works for me!!! :D

on 3/9/2016 11:58:00 AM

I hate to do this, but I'm getting to the point where I regret buying UD eyeshadows. This pallet is overpriced & the glitter shades end up having massive fallout. It doesn't matter if they're in this pallet or in the singles. I end up with glitter fallout EVERY SINGLE TIME. I end up looking like I got face-raped by a fairy. I barely reach for this pallet w/out regretting it. I definitely regret buying Naked3, there really aren't any unique shades in it to justify the price & the glitter shades just kill this for me.

on 3/9/2016 11:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the first palette I've owned that I treasure and look forward to using. I gave away all my other palettes and most of my eye shadows as they are all "blah" after this one.
The quality is dense, creamy, smooth and pigmented and look good though I am a novice at blending.
Where else can you get GREAT MAUVES?
i really admit to buying this palette just to obtain NOONER!
What a crease or transition shadow🙆 Then I fell in love with factory, liar, etc.
We are moving next year and I'm all about paring down. This is just one way I can do that.

on 2/18/2016 2:00:00 AM

PROS:
1. Wonderful selection of shades
2. Great color payoff (for most shades) and applies well.
3. Comes with a double ended shadow brush.
4.Comes with a generous mirror.
5. Wonderful and unique packaging!
6. Comes with four primer samples (UD primer potion).

CONS:
1. A couple of shades need to be packed on because they lack pigmentation.
2. Very expensive for a palette with 12 shadows only.
3. Noticed some fall out.
4. Some shades feel chalky. Need to tap off brush.
5. Shadows crease a bit even with primer on but that must be because I have oily lids and live in the tropics!

I have to confess, I was attracted to the packaging first which made me lust over the palette. But when I got to read reviews of this product and have seen swatches online, I realized just how wonderful the shades are. They do apply well and are blendable. They do not have the buttery texture, which I prefer in eye shadows but nevertheless they perform great. Using the UD primer potion, the shadows last all day with a bit of creasing (I tend to have oily lids especially on this warm tropical climate).

Overall, I think this palette is a great addition to your makeup collection. I mean, the packaging alone sold me out. However, I think I could settle for cheaper brands with similar rose-hued shades. I am a sucker for soft and buttery eye shadows so this one just did not cut it for me plus it broke my wallet. Definitely a splurge!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

When UD released this palette, I got really excited about it and I knew I had to have it because I was going through a phase where all I wore was pink/mauve eyeshadow. I remember using the mauve shade in my Lorac pro palette every day and mixing it with nude to create the ultimate shimmery/pinky lid color. Last year, I added the palette to my growing collection and to be honest, it isn't my favorite. I love the shades strange, burnout, limit, trick and nooner but I find that a lot of the dark shades look the same once they're on my eyes and the dust shade I was excited about ended up being very chunky and just too glittery. I feel like I always need a good primer when I wear some of these shades or else they will end up all over my face. I do love this palette, but I feel like some of these shades are a lot better then others and I think it is a bit over priced.

on 2/10/2016 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overall this is a good palette to have especially if you are a makeup junkie or a makeup artist. But for beginners, this may not be the best choice. The colors are rose-toned so for basic everyday use, it's really better to stick with soft browns and more neutral warmer shades.

With an eye primer, the texture and blendability is great. Though there are some I think 3 shades that are very glittery so those colors are good for a bold eye look for a night out. I tend to use this palette on clients by mixing shades with other shades from different eye palettes coz I wanna make sure that I still tend to use this palette regularly.

Although I love Naked 3 coz it's the one I bought, I now can say that I think the colors of Naked 2 are much better, in my opinion.

on 1/31/2016 1:11:00 PM

I've given this some time, and have to say I wouldn't buy it again. The shades may look different in the compact, but most of them look too similar on. The colors are kind of...boring. I also don't find them to be as pigmented as the UD singles, especially the shimmer shades, which is really disappointing. To make things even worse, some of them lack staying power, even with primer. The deeper matte shades aren't bad, but I barely use them, because I don't like to use crease defining shadows anymore (too much shadow in these areas accentuates fine lines on my eyelids)

I do love the shade "Buzz", which is a gorgeous sparkly pink. And Blackheart is really pretty for lining...but all in all, this is a boring palette for me and was not worth the money. I think it's the lacking in pigmentation that is the most disappointing, I was expecting more, because I love UD singles, and have another UD palette (not a Naked) that works great. It's too bad, cause I'd find a way to use all the colors if they at least looked rich and lasted like my other UD shadows.

on 1/31/2016 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have both this and the original Naked palette and I love both of them. The colour selection is blendable, very pretty and quite pigmented. In my opinion this palette looks good on anyone but I am very impartial to the colours. The only issue I have found with Urban Decay eyeshadows is that often have significant fallout, however If you can work past the fallout they do last all day and I found they don't crease even without a primer. They are quite expensive but if you feel like splurging on a great eyeshadow palette any of the Urban Decay Naked palettes are worth the money, I couldn't recommend this more!

on 1/31/2016 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased the NAKED3 palette after absolutely loving the original NAKED and like the original, it has a lovely selection of good quality eyeshadows which seem to stay put all day (as expected!).

However, I just don't think these colours are for me. I have a light-medium skin tone, with dark brown hair and dark brows, and when I apply some of these shades they are just a bit too pink and shimmery for my liking.

I am going to keep trying with some different combinations, and maybe watch a couple of YouTube tutorials for inspiration but I definitely think that this palette is much more suited to lighter skin tones and colourings.

Also, the packaging on this one seems a bit plastic and clunky.