BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow

BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow
Gimme browGimme browGimme brow

4.1

on 1/7/2016 12:03:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. I have quite light coloured fine eye brows but they're still relatively big. I generally use the illamasqua eyebrow powder to trace the shape and fill in my brows but you can definitely see the difference after then going over them with gimme brow. it manages to keep my brows tamed and also blends them nicely. Have been through about 4 of these now and will continue to use this product :)

on 1/6/2016 7:47:00 PM

Benefit so rarely fails me as a user. I'm surprised this one didn't get better reviews. As someone of East Asian descent with the sparse eyelashes and brows to match, I can soundly attest to the Gimme Brow gel's volumizing aspect as well as its ease of application and lasting nature.

It made an instant difference with one quick and clean swipe across one whole brow, as recommended, from the inner corners of my brows to the ends of their arches. The difference wasn't even that it darkened the lashes--it collectively framed my lashes, giving them a done and defined shape. That, I suspect, would be due to the volumizing effect. I apply it every morning at 7am and by 7pm (12 hours), it still looks exactly as if I just finished them.

I chose the Medium/Deep (the darker of the two options) option and found that two options are all you need for the broad spectrum of coloring the women of the world have. Since I am fair-skinned in the fall-winter-early spring, I was afraid the darker option would be too dark. However, that just means I only need one or two swipes each use.

I would recommend, only platinum-dirty blondes should use the light option. The medium-deep shade is for everyone else. If you're darker-skinned, do 3-4 swipes and press down more firmly as you swipe along. That is yet another reason why I love it-- it takes the guesswork out of brow-coloring/shaping. Don't have to be skilled at blending or brush-wielding to successfully use this product on your first try.

Read my blogs on fashion (and soon to come) beauty here at LilGripes.com!

My eyebrows aren't what the youth of today would call "on fleek". To be honest, for someone with a lot of dark hair, I have rather fine eyebrows. For years, I've been using Anastasia of Beverly Hills Eyebrow Whiz pencil and Dipbrow (with a few dalliances to other brands like Jane Iredale) and these have never failed me. But, like everyone else here, I am in the constant pursuit of the perfect product; the holy grail.

Enter Benefit. I really, really, really want to love Benefit cosmetics. Their packaging is always cute and their marketing has always connected with me. Unfortunately, I've tried many of their products and they hit just slightly left of the mark. The same can be said for the Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber gel.

Gimme Brow comes in a teeny mascara type tube, which is cute, until you realize you just paid $24 for 1/3 of a tube of mascara (FYI-ABH's Dipbrow has lasted me a year and is still going strong). I do like the tiny brush that is included in the tube and I find it does grab more hair. As for the fiber gel itself, I do not see a remarkable difference in my eyebrows. I actually felt like I had to supplement the lack of pigment with other products. Other than some coloring, I wouldn't say this added any volume to my eyebrows. The product did last most of the day (about 6 hours) before showing signs of fading. I didn't test it out in water or humidity but, since there is no indication of it being waterproof, I don't have high hopes of having well groomed brows in the rain.

One other thing to note, like most of Benefit's products, shades are very limited. This product in particular only comes in two shades: Light/Medium (a light taupe-ish color) and Medium/Dark (a dark brown color). Not all eyebrows are created equally so these two colors wouldn't work for everyone.

I am still using the Gimme Brow and mixing it with my Anastasia products because I'm too lazy to return it to Sephora and I do like how the tiny brush finds all of my precious hairs. Will I buy this again. Most likely not. For $21 you can purchase Anastasia's Brow Whiz which has many more colors or for $18 the Dipbrow which also has several shades and is waterproof.

on 1/5/2016 1:16:00 PM

Love this product, very easy to use, gives you a very natural look and definitely keep stray hair in place.

on 1/6/2016 12:10:00 AM

I really enjoy this product! I fill in my eyebrows using Benefit browzings, which I also love, and then I put this overtop my whole brow. I like the product a lot and the color it perfect ( I have the shade medium/deep). It has fibers in it that make my eyebrows look a little bit fuller than what they normally are, which is amazing. I also wear it on my eyebrows by itself if I am in a rush and it looks good then, too! The only thing I do not like about this product is the size and the price. It is a really small packaging with not a ton of product in it, especially since it's expensive as far as eyebrow products go. You don't get a ton of product for what you pay, which is what stinks about it. I have to buy it frequently because I use it everyday and run out of it quickly. If you don't plan on using it every day, then you'll have nothing to worry about. Other than that, I would definitely recommend this product! A definite must have for your brows!

I love this, since I have thicker brow hair. I just brush and go. As much as I love to shape and perfect, someti.es I just don't have time. This makes me look presentable without sacrificing time. The brush is perfect and the color I chose works great for me. This is not for someone with sparse brows.

on 12/4/2015 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I first got this product after having my brows waxed at one of Benefit's Brow Bars. The lady applied it for me so professionally and my brows looked so amazing that I felt compelled to purchase it.

It IS quite expensive but it lasts forever. Just that after a few months, the product has dried up and came out in chunks instead of smoothly shaping your brows. It is still manageable though. But because of the mascara-like wand, the product seems to add thickness and volume to the hairs and not really fill up much of the very-sparse areas and I feel like I still need to go over it and define more with a pencil.

Overall its a good product to add on the thickness of your brows after you've defined and filled them in with a pencil.

on 12/25/2015 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

this is awful on me, its too cool for my skin tone, goes on patchy took it back today, NOT worth 23.00, im sticking to my 3.00 rimmel pencil.

on 11/29/2015 7:38:00 PM

I love this product!!! The formula is fantastic and the brush is superb, it's so tiny that you literally cannot make a mistake- it's almost fool proof. Just be sure to use light strokes when putting it on as it might appear too dark and unnatural.

This product is great for volume and thickness . It worked as a great tint and I normally get complemented at the presentation of my eyebrows since using this product . A downside to this product is the tint did not seem to fill in the gaps in my eyebrows it just darkened the thick parts .I would recommend this product as you get a lot of product , it lasts a long time and is a good buy .

Popular Brows Products