It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I LOVE the SPF 50 and anti aging serum. It's like everything you need for daytime all in one! The only issues I have are the fruit oils (they can easily irritate sensitive skin) and the very limited color choices. I mean, Urban Decay's Naked Skin (HG) has what seems like 100 different color choices, lol. So I purchased Fair in this, it's not a perfect match but Light looked slightly orange on me, which is not good. I need something in between. Otherwise it would be 5 ⭐️

I have dry, mature, and sensitive skin with some pigmentation. This cc cream at first gives me medium coverage and two hours become light coverage. It give me a nice glow not oily glow on me. It last me all worked day(8 hours). It didn't sink in pores or fine line cost $39 at Sephora. At Sephora have mini size of this cc cream if want to try out and didn't want to spend for a full size the mini cost $15. I very like this cc cream. I bought mine in shade medium.

This looks very unnatural and it really clogs my pores. Not a winner for me!

I love everything about this product. The only thing that stops me from repurchasing this is it clogs my pores.

**Edit/Update**

I felt the need to update this earlier post because 5 weeks into using this stuff I am happier with my skin then I have been in years. This is not a first impression product by any means, this is a stick it out and you won't ever want to go back product. Initially on using this product I was upset with the lack of full coverage(because my skin needed it). Now after using it for 5+ weeks I hardly have a need for a full coverage foundation. The real sell of this product is the magic it does under it to your skin while you wear it. This CC cream has definitely helped brighten my skin and all but make disappear some of my long term acne scars. I can actually go out without makeup now and not feel like I need to duck if I see someone I know. I would have never called myself a person with good skin before but now I can which is such a weird feeling.

Anyways I will be repurchasing once it runs out, worth the money, especially since I am anticipating it will last me till the end of the 2nd month.

****

I'm Canadian so when I purchased this in the states it probably came out to just over $60 for a bottle so I have high expectations of it.

Cons:

With first application there was no wow moment that this product was really worth the money. I felt like it had decent coverage but definitely not full coverage. My blemishes and scarring were still visible but albeit minimized.

Also I wish this was longer wear because I'm just not the type of person who wants to do touch ups during the day. I found this product to wear off from a full-med coverage to a light-med coverage within a few hours. However the packaging does say to reapply regularly due to the SPF function but i just don't have the funds to be reapplying this stuff so liberally.

This product is advertised as doing wonders for under eye circles. I found this a gross exaggeration, my under eyes definitely look obvious with just this on.Another benefit listed is that of a moisturizer, I found my skin to be slightly dry from this at the end of the day.

After just 2 weeks of use the packaging and label is started to chip off. For a product I spent a decent amount on I don't like that this is happening and being slightly OCD it really bugs me.

Pros:

While I would never repurchase this item at this price point based off of only it's merits as a foundation, depending on how long this bottle lasts me it could definitely be worth a repurchase based off of the value of it's other added benefits alone.

For one the SPF 50 physical sunscreen is so important to me, I really want to avoid any further skin damage and chemical sunscreens make me break out without fail. While using this CC cream my skin has considerably cleared up and no new breakouts on the horizon. This is a major selling point to me.

One of the benefits they list is Brightening color corrector. I managed to irritate my skin from a face mask and my entire face looked bright red, I simply applied this right over top and it became a complete non issue. I do not usually have a lot of redness but if you do I could see this being 100% worth it's sticker price.

Other benefits such as anti-aging serum and a pore-less finish primer can get super expensive and the fact that these two items are included into the product I feel like I can justify a lot of the price with that. So far I can see the results of the primer but the jury is still out on the serum. No miraculous anti-aging has really occurred so far.

Overall:
Depending on if this product lasts me over a month I would repurchase. The main benefit to me is the look of my skin after I take off this product. My hopes are if I use this product for a few months it might improve so much I hardly have a need for foundation anymore. So far I feel way more confident to go makeup less than I did 2 weeks ago thanks to the way this has cleared up my acne and just given a good tone to my skin.

Although it is tough adjusting from full coverage expectations I am growing to like the more natural face look and I feel like I have been approached more because of it. The name "your skin but better" is pretty accurate to what you are buying just don't expect the full coverage.

Application tips:
A beauty blender made this go on thin so I would suggest using your(clean) fingers to first warm up and then apply from center outwards. If you need to focus on a blemish blending a dot of this with a beauty blender did work well though.

If you must apply product like a moisturizer underneath make sure to let it fully soak in first before application or the product wont sit or stay right.

After going into Ulta to originally buy Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation, I was speaking with the sales assistant and he recommended this, he said "You won't regret it" my reply "I hope not" Trust me I'm the most self confessed fussy person when it comes to my foundation being perfect!! I'm most certainly a hard sell, and I WILL return foundations if they aren't right... much to my friends amazement... oh well, I pay good money so I want it right! I'm fed up of getting matched wrongly in these high end stores,, so I trusted this man and my word I'm glad I did!! My skin has never glowed so much, my flaws are covered, My skin looks so even, well rested and just so natural, not caked one bit.. I have a combination skin which I must say recently has been playing havoc, but I'm amazed how this product makes my skin look.. I'm a loyal Estée Lauder DW fan but I wanted something more for everyday and that looks natural,, and that's exactly what I got.. usually I take samples to try at home but with this I just went for it,, I'm so happy I did! I didn't even need concealer either, please try this.. I highly recommend.. I like the pump application, in total I used 2 pumps for the whole face and applied it with a RT buffer brush, but also fab application with the RT sponge too..

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It makes my skin look like a mask. It also gets into my wrinkles and pores, accentuating both!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I wanted to like this...I really really did. But it just did not work for me!
Firstly the shade range was super off for me. Medium was way too yellow and tan was too dark. I opted for medium since at the time I did not have much of a fake tan on. At first I tried this out as my actual foundation, did my normal routine and blended it with a BB. I was immediately mad. This is NOT full coverage. At. ALL. Light to medium, at best. This is definitely a CC cream in that it will not replace your foundation if you're a full coverage queen like me.

The worst part about this was that it looked and felt super oily and cakey on my skin. I have dry skin so I typically love serums and foundations with some sort of moisturizing effect. This however just looked horrible. It caked up on my skin, you could see every little pore and line, even with a smoothing primer and setting powder. It just did not work well for me.

How I typically use it these days is if I am literally wearing no makeup and just want my skin to look more even toned or when I know i'll be out in the sun for a while but not wearing any other makeup. I will say I've worn this to bed too with little transfer on the pillow. It's a nice concept but the result was not doing it for me.

It Cosmetics is not available in my country, but I've got a generous sample from a lovely seller during makeup swap. It lasted me for 2 weeks of everyday use. Gosh, I'm already in love!

Shade: The shade Fair is my *perfect* (summer) match. I'm around NC10 with yellow olive undertones- it's not easy to find foundations in that shade (olive gals unite). Nars SG Gobi and MUFE #117 are kinda similar.

Coverage/application: on me it's DEFINITELY not full or even medium full. It's solid medium. I apply it with beauty blender, as most of my foundations.

Finish: I have sensitive, combination skin prone to acne and dryness (yeah best combo). With my base makeup, I prefer satin matte finish- not a fan of anything glowy. This CC cream has a lovely, natural finish- it evens out my skintone without looking cakey. Just blends into my skin.

Downside: the price for a full sized product makes me cringe. Altough it is a wonderful product the price tag makes me wonder if I really want to buy it (and pay for the shipping).

I really wanted to love this product, after all of the hype I heard about it. Unfortunately, all the benefits it claims to have are just too good to be true. It did not blend well with a brush, sponge or my fingers and had no coverage at all for me. The formula was not buildable at all, no matter how much product I used it still did not cover blemishes or blotches or anything, instead only became very obvious that I had a product on my face. The product had no staying power, and would easily transfer no matter what powder or setting spray I used (I tried it with Maybelline Fit me set and smooth powder, Nude by Nature mineral finishing veil, Kat Von D lock-it setting powder, Gerard Cosmetics slay all day setting spray, and Urban Decay all nighter setting spray). The only redeeming quality in my eyes is the spf 50+, but the rest of the product is not worth the spf, there are plenty of other high spf products out there. This is by far the worst foundation/bb cream makeup product I have ever tried. Thank goodness I only bought the travel size to try it before spending money on the full size product.
p.s. I don't feel as though my rating of price and packaging should have too much weight as I only purchased the travel size version, though I feel that for me personally packaging and price are not an issue if the product itself is really good.