Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.6

on 4/26/2014 6:09:00 PM

I have decided that I quite like this cc cream. I was a bit worried after reading the other reviews on this product (silly me for only reading them after my purchase) but I've been using it for about 3 weeks and so far it's been pretty good to my skin. I tend to wear it at the weekend or on days that I only want to wear a little bit of makeup. It's important not to use too much product, a little goes a long way, but it does give you quite fresh, glowy skin. The coverage is a good level, quite light but at the same time it provides enough to allow me to skip concealer (most of the time!). I think I probably would repurchase, the only thing that puts me off slightly is the price.

on 4/6/2014 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really this for 6 months and decided it is not for me. It is a little bit too moisturizing (and I have dry skin), tranfers easily to shirts (watch your neckline and giving hugs), and does not have a good color selection (I use medium, which is a tad dark and need to use a darker powder around my jaw-line to blend the markings). There are 3 colors to choose from. Price is very high, $35.00 at Sephora or Macy's. I happily use Physicians Formula talc-free pressed mineral correcting powder, $13.95 at Walmart, is easy to cover imperfections, has great staying power, and does not transfer.

on 4/6/2014 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this cc cream! I've never used a cc or bb cream so i have nothing to compare it to. When I first tried this out on my wrist I was sure I wouldnt like it because it felt so cakey and thick the consultant tried to get my make up off and try it out on my skin but I have severe acne scars ...and that was just not happening so I opted for a sample instead. I received two samples one in very light and another in light. i tried the very light first because the light looked waaay dark but to my surprise the light was my perfect match and the very light at first looked cakey and chalky but within a few mins of wear it actually looked good it made my skin look bright and radiant even glowing in a good way! They both look great and now i don't know which one to get i may just get both. Oh and i just sprinkle some Shiseido sheer matifying powder on my t-zone and a bit of clinique's airbrush concealer in fair 04 and i'm good to go ! my acne scars aren't completely covered they peek through but r not very noticeable i have even worn it on it's own and i don't get very oily or break out. Last thing! applying a little of chanel tan de soleil or estee lauder bronze goddess makes your complexion look amazing! i love those combos!

on 4/5/2014 2:52:00 PM

I like the look but don't like the feel of it. It is too thick for my combination skin. For me it best works on top of a primer (I use the Nivea make up basis) and applied lightly with a wet sponge. It does however really cover any redness and the light/medium shade works well with my warm skin tone.

on 4/1/2014 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I received a small test tube of this and as a huge Clinique fan I really wanted to like it. Unfortunately it just didn't work for me. I have dry/combination skin and it just sat, heavy and greasy on top of it. Sorry to say that I would not purchase the full size.

Didn't like this product. Have combination oily skin and it just made my face look even oiler. Have now come to the conclusion that I need a foundation or bb cream that is matte, not dewy or luminous as in my experience, they just don't work on oily skins. Trying to give myself a "glow" is just not working!

on 3/3/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I wrote one of the first reviews for this product about a year ago when it first came out. I initially wasn't impressed at all and my review reflected that. I've deleted that review because my thoughts on this product have drastically changed! Over the last four months my skin has become excessively dry and nothing - and I mean nothing - has helped. My entire forehead, nose, chin, mouth, and undereye area were all a yucky, flaky mess. I have a massive collection of various foundations, tinted moisturizers, and BB creams and I tried them all, but they all clung to the flakes and dry patches and looked horrible. I was about to give up on wearing makeup at all except for concealer where I needed it when I decided to try Clinique skincare, and the CC Cream again. I had recently read a review on here from someone who stated how important it was to find the right color match because if it was too light, it wouldn't apply well and would look horrible. When I first tried this product I tried a sample in Light. I didn't even bother putting it on my face because when I tested it on the inside of my wrist it looked way way too dark, so I went back and got a sample in Very Light. That one was way TOO light. It washed me out and it applied unevenly and looked dry and chalky as well. (For reference, I'm an NC15/NARS Gobi.) So I gave up on it and moved on.

This time when I went to the counter, they were out of Very Light so I picked up Light. (I was hoping to get both to mix.) To my surprise, It really wasn't all that dark once applied to my face. It was close enough that I've been able to wear it for the last five days to really test it out, and I love it! It applies smoothly (when applied correctly) and makes my skin look supple, hydrated, youthful, and radiant. It smooths over my pores, really evens out my skin tone perfectly, and can be built up to medium coverage. I started using Clinique skincare at the same time I started wearing this, and my skin looks wonderful. I don't have a single flake or dry patch on my face now. I just wash my face, apply a light layer of Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion +, and then apply the CC cream with my fingers or a flat top buffing brush. I don't have to set with powder and this stuff lasts a solid 8-10 hours on me, depending on what I'm doing that day. I never get shiny or oily and it keeps my skin hydrated. I'm so impressed with it that I've ordered a tube of the Very Light so I can mix the two to get a perfect match. Getting the right color match - specifically, NOT using a shade that's too light - really makes all the difference. It contains SPF 30 which is awesome, and it also photographs beautifully. Doesn't irritate my moderately sensitive skin, and is fragrance-free. I love this product and will definitely repurchase.

ETA: I hate to make this review even longer than it already was, but I just wanted to get back on here and say that I received my Very Light in the mail yesterday and am wearing it today - alone - and it's my perfect match. I've honestly never had a base product match me this perfectly before. I have to wonder if the sample I tried last year was just "bad" or something, as this applied just as smoothly as the Light did (which I will save for summer now) and is by no means too light for me. It looks beautiful and really brightens up my face! I think I've found my new HG day-to-day base product.

on 3/24/2014 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this. It's hydrating and dewy, but not greasy or shiny. It can be built up to a medium coverage and it lasts well throughout the day. I have shade light-medium and I am NC25/30 and this works well. I love the SPF 30 too!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this last autumn after I realised that I didn't really want to cover my post-holiday skin with heavy foundations. Besides, my skin looked much better than usual (I have hormonal acne and no matter what I do, every now and again I get a few of them...) so I thought it would be a good idea.
With Clinique unroftunately, you have a really good company with fantastic consistencies in foundations/creams (it is, after all, the only company from the big ones that actually has a Anti-blemish range that works too...), but when it comes to foundation shades, it's all massively wrong. Is it me, or all their foundations are red-based? I have the anti-blemish one, the pore minimising one, and all of them look wrong.
And so is the case with this CC cream. I was given shade 'Light/Medium' (I am NC35) and it looks way too pale. In fact, a couple of time when I wore it at work, people asked me if I am OK becaise I look a bit pale...Great, eh? Needless to say, after that, the CC Cream is only for weekend/when I go shopping on my own (and NOT when I go shopping for foundation either!) The only way to save it, is to use a darker powder on top (either Chanel's loose powder in No. 40, or Mac's loose powder in NC30). Coverage actually is quite good for a product that is not a foundation - and that's from a woman who has always a few blemishes here and there!
It's not a bad product at all. It does't seem to make my skin oilier than usual, and it's a real shame that Clinique do something about its shades! I am still using the product every now and again, but to tell you the truth, the colour really puts me off from re-purchagins it again...

on 3/25/2014 3:13:00 PM

I found this CC cream very hard to blend. I may as well wear foundation as to wear this cream. I am pale so I got the "light" shade and the color is okay but even over moisturized skin I could not spread it quick enough unless using a damp makeup sponge. The reason I give it 2 stars is it does contain sunscreen and it does not cause break outs. I am looking for something easier to apply and that is more moisturizing. I don't like when I see makeup "patches" on my face when I am outside. And I spend a lot of time outside.