MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 10/30/2013 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Purchased this in the palette packaging and whoa! i love how it is really an ALL in 1. I also love the SPF in it, the sun beams even on a 70 degree day in N. Florida. I recommend using the brush application with this product. The palette comes with a sponge but it is a waste considering it soaks up more than it actually puts on your face. ;)

Shade: Dark Deep

on 10/21/2013 6:56:00 PM

I bought this stuff over the weekend and have worn it only a couple of times and I LOVED it! For once my makeup stayed on the whole day! I wore it with MAC pro long ware NW20 and MAC skin natural finish and was told numerous times over the day my makeup looked really nice.. And I never once had to worry about touch ups... I love that you can ware it on it's own on daggy days or under foundation to keep it on... You do need to apply it quickly because it starts to thicken while you speed it but who cares as long as it works right! It's so expensive in Australia but worth it I would buy it again for sure!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I love this! No, I don't think it's awesome enough to wear on it's own (too little bit if coverage, and way too light for me) But I use this as a base...then use Studio Fix Powder right on top if it. And that's my HG face routine! The bb cream adheres to the powder so well, it stays on for hours!! This is the perfect 'primer' for me because since its a bb cream, I haven't broken out! In love!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great if you're looking for light coverage. I have very oily skin but this along with macs oil control lotion is perfect for my skin, gives a semi matte but still dewy, long lasting finish which is exactly what I've been looking for, plus it holds up very nicely against very humid, Miami weather. Only complaint is I wish there were more shades to choose from as my skin tone varies. Overall, love and will definitely be purchasing again. For reference I am usually nw45 with very oily but mostly clear skin.

on 9/28/2013 3:17:00 PM

i have read about bb creams a lot and never had tried them before
so i went and bought the MAC bb cream for i have read good reviews about it
actually i hated it from the first use it made my skin look rough dull the price was very high but there was one thing i liked about it which is the packaging which wont help my face

on 9/21/2013 12:12:00 PM

Sorry to give this a poor review but I'm doing it for a specific reason - the makeupandbeautyblog.com blogger Karen did a review of this product and she showed a close up of the ingredients (thank you Karen!) and this has Wheat and Barley in it! I was really excited to try this but I have Celiac disease, and cannot tolerate gluten, which is a protein found in Wheat, Rye and Barley. I'll try to start listing as many things as possible that do have gluten and perhaps that will be of help to other ladies (or men too) that can't have gluten for whatever reason. I know there are a lot of other blogs out there that try to list cosmetics that either do or don't have it in it, but a lot of those sites aren't regularly updated or they have obscure brands that can only be purchased online and I'd rather just try to find something at a local store I can use and pay cash$money for and not use my credit card online....I digress. Sorry to be the bearer of the 1* for this, generally a fan of MAC, but thought inquiring gluten free minds might like to know.

on 9/6/2013 1:33:00 PM

Very disappointed in this product. (I had such high hopes.) Made my skin look too chalky and washed out- no glow whatsoever. Flat. Scant coverage- did not cover blemishes or pores. The only good thing about it was that it did not settle in under eye lines or wrinkles. When they call it Prep + Prime, they really mean it. This isn't a good stand alone multi-tasker BB cream.

on 9/5/2013 7:33:00 AM

I love this product but it's way too light. Make sure you buy it in a store and try it before you buy it. I initially was given light plus and I wear NC35. It made me look like a ghost! I'm getting ready to go try new colors because they've came out with a lot in the last year or so. It makes your makeup look flawless and has a nice texture.

on 8/24/2013 12:34:00 AM

I was really excited about buying this product, I went to the MAC store and got colour matched by the MUA who also applied to my face. The rest of the day it looked really good so I decided to go back and buy. I researched a lot of BB creams and had not bought one before but I had tried a few. I went for this one because it had a good colour match (extra light) to my usually NC15/NC20. I wanted a BB cream for something quick on workdays with SPF, I did not intend on replacing any other skin care steps.

I have had it for about 1 month now and hate it. It is really hard to blend and it sinks into all my pores, fine lines around eyes and sits in any dry skin areas that I have... I even tried putting pure shea butter over the dry areas (which always stops my foundation sitting in dry patches) and it still sticks to them. I have tried applying this so many ways. I always wear moisturiser and apply straight after. So I have tried blending over moisturiser alone and with moisturiser and primer, with a stippling brush, a foundation brush, a beauty blender, and at times a combination of these... It still looks terrible. I wish I did not buy it, it was a waste of money.

I have tried mixing with day time moisturiser and then applying which helps but compromises coverage and probably the SPF. I will use the rest of the tube in this way but I am really not impressed.

The packaging is the only good thing about this, however the packaging is good with all MAC products is really nice.

This product is difficult to spread and blend. After applying it seemed to fade quickly giving uneven coverage