MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 9/28/2013 3:17:00 PM

i have read about bb creams a lot and never had tried them before
so i went and bought the MAC bb cream for i have read good reviews about it
actually i hated it from the first use it made my skin look rough dull the price was very high but there was one thing i liked about it which is the packaging which wont help my face

on 9/21/2013 12:12:00 PM

Sorry to give this a poor review but I'm doing it for a specific reason - the makeupandbeautyblog.com blogger Karen did a review of this product and she showed a close up of the ingredients (thank you Karen!) and this has Wheat and Barley in it! I was really excited to try this but I have Celiac disease, and cannot tolerate gluten, which is a protein found in Wheat, Rye and Barley. I'll try to start listing as many things as possible that do have gluten and perhaps that will be of help to other ladies (or men too) that can't have gluten for whatever reason. I know there are a lot of other blogs out there that try to list cosmetics that either do or don't have it in it, but a lot of those sites aren't regularly updated or they have obscure brands that can only be purchased online and I'd rather just try to find something at a local store I can use and pay cash$money for and not use my credit card online....I digress. Sorry to be the bearer of the 1* for this, generally a fan of MAC, but thought inquiring gluten free minds might like to know.

on 8/24/2013 12:34:00 AM

I was really excited about buying this product, I went to the MAC store and got colour matched by the MUA who also applied to my face. The rest of the day it looked really good so I decided to go back and buy. I researched a lot of BB creams and had not bought one before but I had tried a few. I went for this one because it had a good colour match (extra light) to my usually NC15/NC20. I wanted a BB cream for something quick on workdays with SPF, I did not intend on replacing any other skin care steps.

I have had it for about 1 month now and hate it. It is really hard to blend and it sinks into all my pores, fine lines around eyes and sits in any dry skin areas that I have... I even tried putting pure shea butter over the dry areas (which always stops my foundation sitting in dry patches) and it still sticks to them. I have tried applying this so many ways. I always wear moisturiser and apply straight after. So I have tried blending over moisturiser alone and with moisturiser and primer, with a stippling brush, a foundation brush, a beauty blender, and at times a combination of these... It still looks terrible. I wish I did not buy it, it was a waste of money.

I have tried mixing with day time moisturiser and then applying which helps but compromises coverage and probably the SPF. I will use the rest of the tube in this way but I am really not impressed.

The packaging is the only good thing about this, however the packaging is good with all MAC products is really nice.

This product is difficult to spread and blend. After applying it seemed to fade quickly giving uneven coverage

on 9/6/2013 1:33:00 PM

Very disappointed in this product. (I had such high hopes.) Made my skin look too chalky and washed out- no glow whatsoever. Flat. Scant coverage- did not cover blemishes or pores. The only good thing about it was that it did not settle in under eye lines or wrinkles. When they call it Prep + Prime, they really mean it. This isn't a good stand alone multi-tasker BB cream.

on 9/5/2013 7:33:00 AM

I love this product but it's way too light. Make sure you buy it in a store and try it before you buy it. I initially was given light plus and I wear NC35. It made me look like a ghost! I'm getting ready to go try new colors because they've came out with a lot in the last year or so. It makes your makeup look flawless and has a nice texture.

on 8/7/2013 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily/dry combination skin.

I really want to love this product, but it's just a big problem from application to its wearing power. Right now I am using it as a primer. I put MAC Studio Fix Fluid (I blended it with moisturizer to make it more hydrating and less coverage) on top. My face looks horrible. You can see all my pores. The other day I used it alone just as a tinted moisturizer, and it has the same effect. I don't know what I am doing it wrong.

I usually use a Beauty Blender (aka a sponge) to apply it or my hands because the stuff doesn't blend too well so I don't want to spend 30 minutes using a brush. It's kind of an arm workout trying to put it on.

No matter what I do, my pores look more noticeable. Also, it cakes around my nose and between my eyebrows and mouth. It seems as though any spot on my face that moves (smile lines etc), that's where it likes to look flakey and cakey at.

The effect is immediate too. It's not like it looks flakey 4 hours later. It looks shiny 4 hours later, but it looks flakey immediately. I even try to spray Fix + on it to fix it, doesn't work. Also, the product is not as matte as I want it to be and knowing that the oil slick comes very soon after, I usually use MAC mineralize studio powder on top which doesn't help the flakiness one bit.

I've tried using two different primers (Smashbox Photo Finish and MAC Prep+Prime Natural Radiance) and also using no primer with this. Either way, the results are horrible.

Only giving it two stars because it does look natural where it doesn't flake and I like how moisturizing it can feel but it doesn't look moisturizing because my skin looks flakely.

Also, this is not even a true BB cream. I feel played now since I realize that after buying it. There is no anti-anging ingredients or skin brightening. It's basically a glorified tinted moisturizer/primer. Lame.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really love the way this product looks on my skin. I can use it alone or as a primer and its really beautiful. Unfortunately, it breaks me out. Which sucks because no one else seems to have this issue. I am also really oily and feel like by the end of the day my skin is super slick if I use this product without my foundation. Bummer because I really do like the way this looks in my skin.

on 8/3/2013 10:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

OK, backstory time.

I was in texas and was walking around and asked what a good foundation for oily skin is. So the Artist showed me this. She went on and on about how she had it on. FOR ONE LADY!!! Don't cake on your makeup and try to give me advice, I'm sorry. And TWO! thanks for the sample. I took it home and in comparison to the Clinique bb cream I liked it. I went to a diff mac counter later to ask another opinion intending to buy the BB cream and she actually put it on me. But with a blush brush.... so it looked funny. But hey I bought it anyway. I find that with the new Benefit 15 Hour primer it goes on without settling into my HUGE pores. And I top it off(Just in case) with a light dusting of Studio Fix powder... I think NW20...
Loving it. May use it all year round too!

UPDATE! 08/06/13

Ok, I find that this product does not help with oily skin over time. I have used everyday now and I see oil come through after only 4 hours... even with studio fix powder(which I am ALSO returning). I just do not like how it settles in lines and pores over time. I wash my face everyday too and prime. So this is going back to the store. Way too pricey for what it does for me. I really wanted to like it because of the cute glittery packaging and the nice coverage it provides. But I have broken out on it and it clogs my pores like CRAZY!! Exposed pores beware.

This is only what it does to me. Feel free to try it if you don't mind spending the money to try. I would ask the return policy too.

on 7/29/2013 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this!!!! It makes your skin feel amaze and super flawless! With lots of shades to choose from!!! Works best with mineralise skin finish! Last all day! Would recommend!