Jane Iredale Glow Time Full-Coverage Mineral BB Cream

3.6

Not tested on animals

I bought BB3, I'm in MAC NC15 or 20 in Summer. I mix this with Sunday Riley's tinted primer and my makeup stays on All day! My skin is luminous and healthy and no breakouts and is sun protected.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I've seen a lot of good reviews on this, but I almost died laughing when I put it on my face! It looked like I covered myself with yellow chalk. The worse thing was that I had some on my hands, and when I went to wash my hands it wouldn't come off with soap. So I got my facial cleanser, washed my face and hands twice, and it still didn't come off. Then I got a bar of soap and had to wash twice more and scrub with a washcloth. Clearly, this is not for me!

I felt compelled to review this as I'm getting ready to purchase my second tube. First, some pros: excellent coverage, natural/dewy finish, good color match (BB3, I'm about an NC20), lasting power, hygienic packaging. Cons: expensive, perhaps too 'dewy' for anyone with oily skin.

For me, this is working great. I was using Colorstay Whipped but it was contributing to my breakouts and also emphasizing flakes (which can be an issue come winter). I've had great success with this and it gives the coverage and finish I'm after. A little definitely goes a long way, and I've found that my tube has lasted about 3 months. For something that gives the results I want, I can justify the price. This is definitely worth a look, even for those usually used to medium-full coverage foundations.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Okay, I absolutely hate writing this review because I am a HUGE fan of everything the PurePressed powder has done for my face... But I had to face the truth that this BB cream was literally the only thing I added to my skin and makeup routine in the last 2 weeks during which my face has been breaking out like a volcano. I don't remember the last time my face went through such a COMPLETE meltdown. Since getting on the skincare regimen I have been on for the last 2 years, I haven't had much more than the occasional bump here and there concentrated around the time of month. But since trying out the BB cream, my face has been erupting like it's on an agenda to completely drive me insane. Unfortunately, the blame simply has to be placed on this product because literally everything else has remained the same. Perhaps it is going through a purging phase... I don't ever hear this being a sideeffect of BB cream though (or, makeup in general honestly). So, this is going back to the store and I am going to try tame my poor face down. This is what I get for trying something new out!

Also, if your face is in anyway what you'd consider "very oily," steer VERY clear. This product goes on very dewy, which is great for someone with normal skin because it looks natural, but for us oilier gals, it pretty much spells disaster within an hour.

I absolutely love this product. For a time, my skin was so irritated by harsh acne products that I felt I couldn't leave the house due to redness and dryness but this BB cream covered it all incredibly well. I would love to rate it a five but I already running low on it and I have only had it for a month! I wish it was more cost-effective but I would still highly recommend it. I have been searching for a line like this for so long--finally!

Really wanted to love this. It was my first foray into BB cream so I can't compare it to other brands, but unfortunately I will be returning it. The first day I wore it over Kate Somerville Goat Milk moisturizer (a light weight cream). Once I had blush and bronzer on - it did initially look fresh and it does cover well so I was encouraged. The second day I tried it without applying anything prior and followed with powder but was shiny by midday and could already see a breakout brewing on my cheek. Pros: full coverage, (mostly) natural ingredients, nice smell and packaging. Cons: heavy texture, does not blend easily and feels heavy on - I felt like I was wearing chapstick on my face. If this is what BB's are all about, not sure they're for me. Love Jane Iredale products, but for this price and feel, I'd rather have a good foundation.

I have been using Origin's Stay Tuned Foundation for a while without any problems, but I want to try a BB cream since it's so popular in the U.S. & Asia. I searched many brands of BB cream including the Asian brands. I tried the "SKIN 79 PINK LABEL" BB cream & it broke me out terribly because it had isopropyl palmitate + other acne causing ingredients.

Since my skin breaks out easily & is prone to allergic response, I try to avoid products with long ingredient list, natural w/o many toxic chemicals, fragrance-free, & cruelty free. This BB cream fits all the criteria I'm looking for so I decide to give it a try despite the price is expansive. I have been using it for 3 months & nothing has changed in my skin care routine. Here is my review of this product after using it for 3 months:

TEXTURE --> This is more like a "FULL COVERAGE FOUNDATION" then a BB cream. It is extremely thick so if you don't moisturize your skin well, you will see white streaks & look cakey. I'm using Tazorac (the strongest type of retinol) & my skin can be dry after using retinol. This BB cream enhances the flakiness of my skin & make it look dry if I don't moisturize it well. The down side is that it is very difficult to blend despite that it contains silicon ingredients (silicon compounds is supposed to allow foundation to glide smoothly on the skin). It does provides a dewy look on my face but it looks too shiny after a few hours.

COLOR: THIS IS NOT COLOR ADJUSTING LIKE OTHER BB CREAM (therefore I think of this product as a "FULL COVERAGE FOUNDATION")!! So if you get the wrong color, you will look like you are wearing a white ghost mask or have strange orange tan on your face. I tried out the BB7 in the store & it was TOO ORANGE for me so I bought the BB5. It is much whiter than my skin but the SA told me this BB cream will SELF-ADJUST its color to match my skin color. I put this on & it looks like a white ghost mask on my face. The color doesn't 'self-adjust" to my skin color after a few hours & I still look like a ghost mask.

SKIN REACTION: No itching, burning, or unpleasant allergic reactions. I started to get small bumps on my face & LOTS OF BLACKHEADS after using it for 2 months. I know the packaging says it's NON-COMEDOGENIC but it still clogs my pores. Maybe its thick texture causes blackheads on my nose.

After trying it for 3 months, I'm done with this product & going back to the origin's foundation which is much lighter & friendly to my skin. I'm not writing this review to discourage you from buying this good product because there are many good reviews about this product. I think as long as your skin doesn't have so many problems like my skin, then this is a great BB cream for you!! If you have acne prone skin, this cream might still cause breakout or blackheads. Because of my skin problems, I will not repurchase this but I still think this is a great product for people with normal skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I made the switch from JI Dream Tint to the BB cream and I am very happy. The cream is thick, so a little goes a long way. I really like the coverage and that it is very moisturizing on the skin. My recommendation is that you exfoliate because it will enhance the little flakes around the nose area. Jane Iredale's primer makes this BB cream look amazing, as it does make the skin glow. I do find myself setting it with a thin layer of the pressed powder only to keep oil at bay.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I can't help feeling duped. This product feels a lot like a repackaged Dream Tint. It goes on with that same draggy feeling then morphs into that greasy mess that I experienced with Dream Tint.

So I got the BB7 in this and although a tad yellow it was pretty close to my NC 25-30 LLL skintone right now. I did only need a little and I had to work it into my complexion as everyone else noted. I tried it over JI's new primer and that helped with the application. I didn't experience any breakouts but I did have some itchiness. I just did not love how this made my aging complexion look: kind of drab, highlighted pores, did not de-emphasize wrinkles, and did not conceal a darn thing. I still needed a concealer and it seemed to emphasize some age spots on my face. For this price I should look better, right?

If this is what a BB cream does, I think I'll stick to a good foundation. For my money the L'Oreal foundation at the drugstore still does a bang-up job for around 14 bucks comparatively.

Actually I'm not sure yet if I'd buy this again. I LOVE Jane Iredale's Amazing Base, but was interested in a BB cream, although since the SPF is only 25 (and I use Tazorac,) I would still have to wear additional sunscreen underneath. Her BB creamspreads much better with her primer or with a moisturizer or sunscreen with some slip. It IS quite thick, so you need some slip to spread it out, and again, as everyone's said , you don't need much at all. So, it's expensive for the tube (or for the two tubes, for me), but because so little goes such a long way, it's not expensive in the individual cost per use.

My biggest gripe are the colors. The JI consultants insist that all the colors are yellow-based, but that is Just Not True. I'd ordinarily be a BB3 in terms of lightness (the BB1 is ghostly white,) but because the BB3 shade is pink-toned (yes it is, despite their insistence,) it just looks weird on me (I usually use Bisque Amazing Base, although sometimes it's a little yellow on me.) The BB5 is too dark but at least is yellow-toned, and when spread out, isn't horribly bad. I might have to mix the BB3 and BB5, but that's kind of a pain. Another gripe is that it highlights some pores (see below.)

I really really REALLY like the dewy finish, especially as I get older; I use Tazorac, so I have fewer wrinkles, but the surface of my skin tends to be a bit dry, and JI's BB cream mitigates that look. It's dewy, but definitely not greasy.

That being said, I have an area on my cheeks where liquid/cream foundations highlight my pores, even though the pores there are non-existent when bare, which is why I started with the JI Amazing Base because her AB does not show up there. I was disappointed to see that JI BB cream showed up there even with primer. So, now I'm wondering why I'd even bother with her BB cream, given it doesn't have a strong enough SS AND shows up on my cheek pores, highlighting them (not flattering:lol!)

So, I'm not sure how I feel yet. Haven't used it long enough to see if it's going to break me out, particularly with the 'cones in it, and am not sure yet about the primer except that it smells amazing. I bought it from Nordstroms, though, so can return if I have probs.