Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

3.6

Not tested on animals

I have been using Origin's Stay Tuned Foundation for a while without any problems, but I want to try a BB cream since it's so popular in the U.S. & Asia. I searched many brands of BB cream including the Asian brands. I tried the "SKIN 79 PINK LABEL" BB cream & it broke me out terribly because it had isopropyl palmitate + other acne causing ingredients.

Since my skin breaks out easily & is prone to allergic response, I try to avoid products with long ingredient list, natural w/o many toxic chemicals, fragrance-free, & cruelty free. This BB cream fits all the criteria I'm looking for so I decide to give it a try despite the price is expansive. I have been using it for 3 months & nothing has changed in my skin care routine. Here is my review of this product after using it for 3 months:

TEXTURE --> This is more like a "FULL COVERAGE FOUNDATION" then a BB cream. It is extremely thick so if you don't moisturize your skin well, you will see white streaks & look cakey. I'm using Tazorac (the strongest type of retinol) & my skin can be dry after using retinol. This BB cream enhances the flakiness of my skin & make it look dry if I don't moisturize it well. The down side is that it is very difficult to blend despite that it contains silicon ingredients (silicon compounds is supposed to allow foundation to glide smoothly on the skin). It does provides a dewy look on my face but it looks too shiny after a few hours.

COLOR: THIS IS NOT COLOR ADJUSTING LIKE OTHER BB CREAM (therefore I think of this product as a "FULL COVERAGE FOUNDATION")!! So if you get the wrong color, you will look like you are wearing a white ghost mask or have strange orange tan on your face. I tried out the BB7 in the store & it was TOO ORANGE for me so I bought the BB5. It is much whiter than my skin but the SA told me this BB cream will SELF-ADJUST its color to match my skin color. I put this on & it looks like a white ghost mask on my face. The color doesn't 'self-adjust" to my skin color after a few hours & I still look like a ghost mask.

SKIN REACTION: No itching, burning, or unpleasant allergic reactions. I started to get small bumps on my face & LOTS OF BLACKHEADS after using it for 2 months. I know the packaging says it's NON-COMEDOGENIC but it still clogs my pores. Maybe its thick texture causes blackheads on my nose.

After trying it for 3 months, I'm done with this product & going back to the origin's foundation which is much lighter & friendly to my skin. I'm not writing this review to discourage you from buying this good product because there are many good reviews about this product. I think as long as your skin doesn't have so many problems like my skin, then this is a great BB cream for you!! If you have acne prone skin, this cream might still cause breakout or blackheads. Because of my skin problems, I will not repurchase this but I still think this is a great product for people with normal skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I made the switch from JI Dream Tint to the BB cream and I am very happy. The cream is thick, so a little goes a long way. I really like the coverage and that it is very moisturizing on the skin. My recommendation is that you exfoliate because it will enhance the little flakes around the nose area. Jane Iredale's primer makes this BB cream look amazing, as it does make the skin glow. I do find myself setting it with a thin layer of the pressed powder only to keep oil at bay.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I can't help feeling duped. This product feels a lot like a repackaged Dream Tint. It goes on with that same draggy feeling then morphs into that greasy mess that I experienced with Dream Tint.

So I got the BB7 in this and although a tad yellow it was pretty close to my NC 25-30 LLL skintone right now. I did only need a little and I had to work it into my complexion as everyone else noted. I tried it over JI's new primer and that helped with the application. I didn't experience any breakouts but I did have some itchiness. I just did not love how this made my aging complexion look: kind of drab, highlighted pores, did not de-emphasize wrinkles, and did not conceal a darn thing. I still needed a concealer and it seemed to emphasize some age spots on my face. For this price I should look better, right?

If this is what a BB cream does, I think I'll stick to a good foundation. For my money the L'Oreal foundation at the drugstore still does a bang-up job for around 14 bucks comparatively.

Actually I'm not sure yet if I'd buy this again. I LOVE Jane Iredale's Amazing Base, but was interested in a BB cream, although since the SPF is only 25 (and I use Tazorac,) I would still have to wear additional sunscreen underneath. Her BB creamspreads much better with her primer or with a moisturizer or sunscreen with some slip. It IS quite thick, so you need some slip to spread it out, and again, as everyone's said , you don't need much at all. So, it's expensive for the tube (or for the two tubes, for me), but because so little goes such a long way, it's not expensive in the individual cost per use.

My biggest gripe are the colors. The JI consultants insist that all the colors are yellow-based, but that is Just Not True. I'd ordinarily be a BB3 in terms of lightness (the BB1 is ghostly white,) but because the BB3 shade is pink-toned (yes it is, despite their insistence,) it just looks weird on me (I usually use Bisque Amazing Base, although sometimes it's a little yellow on me.) The BB5 is too dark but at least is yellow-toned, and when spread out, isn't horribly bad. I might have to mix the BB3 and BB5, but that's kind of a pain. Another gripe is that it highlights some pores (see below.)

I really really REALLY like the dewy finish, especially as I get older; I use Tazorac, so I have fewer wrinkles, but the surface of my skin tends to be a bit dry, and JI's BB cream mitigates that look. It's dewy, but definitely not greasy.

That being said, I have an area on my cheeks where liquid/cream foundations highlight my pores, even though the pores there are non-existent when bare, which is why I started with the JI Amazing Base because her AB does not show up there. I was disappointed to see that JI BB cream showed up there even with primer. So, now I'm wondering why I'd even bother with her BB cream, given it doesn't have a strong enough SS AND shows up on my cheek pores, highlighting them (not flattering:lol!)

So, I'm not sure how I feel yet. Haven't used it long enough to see if it's going to break me out, particularly with the 'cones in it, and am not sure yet about the primer except that it smells amazing. I bought it from Nordstroms, though, so can return if I have probs.

Best BB Cream ever!

I previously reviewed this product and I still believe it is the best bb cream I have used. The lasting power is fantastic and coverage is great. I only use a pea size for my face so although it is pricey, it lasts a long time. I tried many ways to apply this and found the best way is to buff this in with a brush. I used the Real Techniques expert face brush which is perfect. I used to suffer from severe acne and this has really helped! I use bb7 and I am a mac nc35.

WHOA this is pretty amazing. I love this stuff. I seriously only use a pea size amount for my face. I apply it over my already moisturized skin (tarte maracuja oil) and find this combo works super well for me. I really am amazed at how well it covers. It instantly brightens my face and hides what needs to go away. It lasts pretty well I do touch up about mid day with JI pressed base on my nose. I haven't broken out at all if anything my face is getting better. I definitely will repurchase but this this tube will last a while.

I really love this BB cream. I am a MAC NC30 - NC35 girl. I have lots of yellow in my skintone. The Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream in BB7 is the perfect/best match. The BB5 is really too light for me. This provides great full coverage. A little goes a long way! If you put too much on - it will look like you put too much on. I apply this with my fingers - warm the product up and blend in just like I would a moisturizer. I like to use this as my primer. I apply a light coverage of this BB cream and then a light coverage of my foundation. This gives me a flawless look that lasts throughout the entire day. LOVE THIS PRODUCT!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I ordered a sample of this and used a beautyblender sponge to apply. I was very impressed with the coverage and how smoothly it looked on my skin. The PROBLEM presented itself two days later when my face started to break out and I noticed it was really clogging my pores. I suggest getting a sample first because I would have never thought this would happen with a Jane Iredale product. My skin didn't like this at all! I do have skin allergies but this is suppose to be paraben free. Can't figure this one out at all! UPDATE: The reason my skin does not like this is because it is loaded with citric acid just like It Cosmetics CC+ cream. Wish I could find products like these without Citric Acid. Really love the coverage and staying power.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

UPDATE 10/20/12: I have downgraded this foundation to three stars. After more than a month of daily wear, I no longer care for it. It's just too opaque and heavy, more than I am used to wearing, and certainly more like a full-coverage foundation than a BB cream. I also started to get a couple underground acne bumps, and this "cream" is the only new skin product I introduced into my routine. When I tried using less in targeted areas (nose, chin), I ended up with little divots of beige in my pores by midday, so I need full coverage or none at allor I have to wear it over a silicone-based primer, and that violates my makeup policy where anything I buy needs to be able to stand on its own. If I am going to wear a BB cream, to date, nothing beats MISSHA #21.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I have been wearing Jane Iredale PurePressed powder foundation since 2000 and adore it, but I have lately wanted something with a tiny bit more coverage that is neither masklike nor a concealer, to hide the pink on my cheeks and chin (mild rosacea). A friend directed me to the excellent reviews here, and I decided to try Jane Iredale's Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream.

I called Dermstore for assistance in selecting a color, and I chose BB1, which is beige with the barest whisper of pinka good match for my light skin (NW 15-20). The texture was initially quite disappointing: heavy, thick, and so stiff it dragged across my skin with my fingertips, reminding me of JI's Dream Tint, which I did not like. So I have been dotting it around my face, feathering out as gently as possible with my fingertips, and then bouncing a damp Beautyblender sponge over the surface to smooth over my pores. I CANNOT use this product without finishing with a damp sponge. Period. A pea size truly is all you need, and I mean a petite pea.

Applying the BB cream causes initial surface redness; there's no way to avoid it because the cream is hard to spread. Once on, and after the redness calms down, I get complete coverage of all traces of red and hyperpigmentation. I set it with a light dusting of JI PurePressed powder, which is probably overkill because the BB cream does not budge. It contains 'cones, so I will have to be vigilant about clarifying my skin to avoid blockages or milia. I still have combination skin, and I did not notice any excess oil. In fact, my skin seems less oily throughout the day when I am wearing this cream.

I feel like I need a double wash to get this off at the end of the day. JI claims we can sleep in mineral makeup, but that just isn't my thing. I make a first pass with Bioderma Crealine (or an oil or cream cleanser that I tissue off) and then follow up with a liquid or foaming cleanser, which seems to do the trick.

I am enjoying this so far and might consider buying again, but a single tube should last years.

INGREDIENTS: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 20%. Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Stearoxymethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Maltodextrin, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Fruit Extract, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Pectin, Chlorella Vulgaris/Lupinus Albus Protein Ferment, Sodium Ascorbate, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Raphanus Sativus (Radish) Root Extract, Lecithin, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract (and) Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).