Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light
Garnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.6

on 6/17/2015 10:55:00 AM

I got a sample of this product but for normal skin and absolutely loved it, but figured that a bb-cream adjusted for my fairly oily combination-skin would be even more suitable. So I invested in this, assuming it would do the same for my skin as the sample but even better. This was not true. The color of this is, to me, far from light, and to be able to use it during the winter season without looking like I got a horrendous spray tan I have to mix it with a light concealer. Once it is mixed with a concealer though, it does do a great job of covering imperfections without making my face look cakey or made up and it lasted all day with the help of some setting powder; just what I expect from a good bb-cream. It provides flawless skin with just the right amount of coverage for someone who doesn't like the feeling of a heavy foundation and it is easy distrubute with any type of brush. I thought, despite the coloration issue, that I had found the perfect base-product for me; it even smelled great, although some might find it too potent. But that is where the positivity ends. Even though it looked great and made me feel great the first few days of use, this product nearly ruined my skin. I am not too prone to dry skin, but I do still have combination skin with a few underlying dry patches. Yet I though this wouldn't matter since the product was recommended for both oily and combination skin. But I was wrong. This product started to dry my skin out from the first use and after a few days dry patches started to show up everywhere. My skin got flakey and the cream colored in and accentuated every single flake. It took me weeks of careful exfoliation and hydrating face masks to get my face to the moisturised state it used to be in. Additionally this product made me break out aswell. Because of the fact that I'm a teenager I am more acne-prone than the average adult but I do ususally have quite clear skin and it is not very sensitive at all. This product messed that right up for me. After using it for a week or so I started to notice a huge increase in pimples and redness in my face so I decided to take a break. With various masks and cures I managed to get my face back to the way it used to be, clear with just a few breakouts, but just one use of this bb-cream brought it right back to the acne-riddled disaster it was before.
I do not recommend this product to anyone. With this you are taking a shot in the dark, it might work great for you but chances are it wont and I would not take that risk because it could really ruin your skin. Spend your money on something else, becauses chances are this will be a waste of it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Love this bb cream! Super lightweight, yet provides really good coverage for a bb cream! I have been using this for two years and it hasn't broken me out at all, unless I don't completely remove it at night, but other than that it's great! Would definitely recommend for anyone with sensitive acne prone skin!

on 5/31/2015 11:58:00 PM

Love love love this stuff! Have combination skin that has improved so much since I've been using this, doesn't dry out my dry patches but stops my face feeling oily as the day goes on. Only problem is the lack of colour choice, medium is perfect for me in Summer but the light shade never works for my skin tone. Wish I could wear it year round!

I was really excited when I brought this as it looked great! I tried it out and loved the actual product because it does everything it says it would. Its creamy,dries so matte,not drying,lasts really long on the skin and you get a ton of product.

My con is that be careful with your shade, I got the lightest one and it is way too dark for me. I tried it and it seemed the perfect colour for when I have a slight tan and then I got home and checked the colour swatch and it dried so dark! Now I can't use this unless I blend it in with a normal cream and lighter concealer or foundation. Other than the colour problem this is amazing and I recommend for you to try it. :)

on 6/8/2015 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

AMAZING COVERAGE, LASTS ALL DAY, MAKES YOUR SKIN BEAUTIFUL, NOT OILY

on 6/4/2015 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

dries to a matte finish! - love!!
I have very d4y skin so i moisturize my face and then apply this, after 6 hours it does come up flakey on my dryness but it works wonders

This is the only drugstore BB cream I've ever actually liked. Having combo/oily skin means that most other by creams just act like greasy tinted moisturizers that slide right off my face and offer zero coverage or ability to even out my skin tone. This one actually evens and covers minor imperfections! And while it's not super matte by any means, it has a natural to slightly matte finish that doesn't make me look greasy (hallelujah). Great for days when I want something a little more lightweight than my usual foundation. I always set with powder. Oh, and price wise, it may seem expensive, but you're basically getting twice the amount of product that you would get in a normal foundation, since those are typically only one ounce bottles. So it's actually priced fairly.

on 4/21/2015 9:39:00 AM

it works better than i thought, meaning that it covers more than i expected it to. of course it's light, don't expect miracles, but it's good for everyday when you don't want a heavy make up. i haven't tried any other brand, so i can't compare. but i did try the one for normal skin and it was too oily for me (i have acne-prone, bit oily skin). this one feels better. i bought it again, since it's a cheap, good-enough solution for everyday

This color is in light? Its so orange on me. I love the finish so so so much but the color????? Its so off

on 5/25/2015 4:32:00 PM

This is my favourite BB cream ever. I love the slightly matte finish, and the shade -- while not exactly THAT light -- provided a nice summer-y glow for my face. The consistency is light enough to not leave my skin all sticky and oily like most BB creams, and I really like it. I use the product on its own or as a primer, and it works perfectly for both. However, for winter I'd love a cooler, lighter shade and I haven't actually found anything remotely like it in any BB creams, but this one's pretty close. The price seems perfectly reasonable to me, but I dislike the package a bit; the tube often leaks when left open.