Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

Glad I got this as a sample because if I had paid full price I would have been highly disappointed. This was in light/medium and against my light/medium olive skin it was orange. What I got in the sample was more than enough to cover my neck and face about a nickel size. At first it was dewy. After an hour it dried to a semi matte but dear late Sally did it make me look old?! It really excentuated my fine lines. I wiped some off and it help tame things down. At the end of the day it was streaky across my neck and perhaps it was me but it seemed somewhat itchy on my skin. Definately not for me.

An absolute pile of rubbish. Minimal coverage (which I like) but still managed to be blotchy despite my best efforts on several occasions to even it out. There is a poor choice of colours, most of which turn your face orange. The Boots No.7 version is much better and cheaper!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Didn't really do much for my dry skin. Felt kind of chalky if that's possible haha! Would be good for oily/combo skin types maybe. Wouldn't buy again. X

I'm a teenager so I don't like wearing a heavy foundation and I have pretty good skin which means I don't need a lot of coverage. That is why BB cream is my must have beauty product. I love Smashbox Camera Ready BB cream because you actually get a good amount of coverage for a BB cream. I've used other BB creams & this one is definitely my favorite for coverage. It hydrates your skin just enough but if you are looking for extreme hydration I wouldn't recommend it because it doesn't hydrate a lot. It goes on very well and you don't need a lot. Just a couple drops, but it is build able if you need more. The color blends very well so you look natural but flawless. My favorite thing about it is that it acts as a primer. Usually with foundation I have to use a primer but this stays on for hours. It keeps the rest of my makeup on as well. I can come home from school and then my friends house and it will still be perfectly in place. The cons about this product is that it is so expensive. $40 is pricey but it will last forever so that's good. Another con is that it doesn't control oil for me. It actually makes my skin oily even though the product is oil free. That doesn't bother me that much though because I just top it with a light powder to control the oil. This BB cream is totally worth it & I will be repurchasing.

on 5/30/2014 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have started using this BB cream instead of their HD foundation. Great coverage, moderate to heavy. Applies smoothly and does not settle in fine lines. I wear fair...so porcelain gals will find this too dark. When set with powder and setting spray it last/wears all day. I use this BB or MAC's BB cream and I find both are comparable.

on 5/30/2014 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I hate this BB cream with the heat of a thousand suns. I purchased awhile ago, didn't love the shade, and so it's languished in my foundation drawer. I recently asked around about the best BB cream for oily skin and so many people said Smashbox, and so I decided to revisit it.
I wore it yesterday, applied with a Beauty Blender. By the time I was stuck in traffic on my way to work, I had to wipe it off with a napkin found on the floor of the passenger side of my car because I looked like an orange lollipop. And I was already oily.
Ugh.

on 5/18/2014 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am surprised of the good reviews from the oily skin friends here. I tried the light medium shade. When I applied some of the product on the back of my hand, the shade looked fine and it did not look too shinny or feel too greasy. I bought the product thinking this is going to the end of my search for HG. Well, far from it. This product is too greasy. Just the opposite of what is claimed on the box, it did not control oil, it produced more oil. The shade was way too pinkish and when it oxidized a couple of hours after application, it looked even reddish. I have tried a lot of high end products but the quality of this product is so poor that even WetnWild tinted moisturizer at the price of $2 is superior to this. Not recommended!

on 5/1/2014 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This BB cream moisturizes my dry skin without turning it into an oil slick like Bobbi Brown BB cream did. It's long lasting and the Medium/Light shade is perfect for my Sephora 3Y08 skin. The tube is great for traveling.

on 4/29/2014 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have a love-hate relationship with this BB cream. It has some great qualities:
-does a fabulous job at blending into my face
-disguises pores and fine lines
-wonderful light-reflecting properties
-high SPF

However, I found the colour to be too pink (I was using Fair) and the finish never looked natural. I always looked 'made-up,' and I prefer a more natural finish. Also found it to make me very shiny, despite my skin being on the dry side.

on 4/24/2014 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This BB cream is great. I tend to have oily skin and if i use any other foundation itll either turn cakey or oxidize... I like this one, its light and refreshing. But its so expensive and there isnt really THAT much in one tube. I noticed that they changed the packaging a bit lately.