Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

3.2

on 9/11/2011 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I prefer the original version to this. The brush is annoying!! I have to run it through a tissue before applying because it has too much product on the edges. Does give volume like it says it does, and my lashes feel moisturized and since I was using the normal version for 3 months before this I can say that I HAVE seen more lash growth/longer lashes.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not sure why there's so much hate on this product.... i don't have a ton of good things to say about it but i felt like i had to come on here and write a review saying it's NOT THAT BAD AT ALL.

i've used this for a few days now so i also can't review the lash-growing claims of this product, but i actually think it might do a little something for that. my lashes so seem a bit longer than before, although i can't say they've gotten any thicker.

the product isn't bad! i sort of like it, but it's true that it's not the best mascara out there. the brush is a horror......i still cannot figure out how i should use it. they sliced off the bristles on one side of the brush....i'm not sure why but it's awful because sometimes i'll accidently use that side and ugh it just gets annoying. if you maneuver the brush well though, it can give you some nice results. it's a little on the clumpy side...but it's easy to fix and a little clump is sometimes good for me because i have some thin lashes. i really do like the results it gives me because my lashes look a lot more noticeable and a lot bigger and darker than the other mascaras i use.

the clump isn't the best...the brush is awful.....but the reason why i will never buy this product again is because of the price. i paid almost $9 for this product....and i'm hoping that price reflects it's lash-growing properties so it better make my lashes fuller.....but because it's an overall average mascara for a price that's on the higher side....i won't be buying it again. it's worth a try maybe but if you're saving money, don't buy this. i've used some fantastic mascaras that are unadvertised and are way cheap compared to this, and i know i'll be returning to those mascaras once this runs dry.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've only worn this about 6 times so I'm not going to review the claims growing thicker lashes. I don't believe it will, otherwise Latisse wouldn't be needed or a prescription only product.

I like how it makes my lashes look. Decent length and nice volume. My lashes are longer and thick that most mascara look okay though. I like how the formula is a little runnier, it helps build the volume. But the runnier formula also means you have to take your time or it will be messy. I wish the bulb part of the wand wasn't so exaggerated. If it was a little bit smaller it would be really nice. I considered returning this, but I haven''t. I won't repurchase it again though. I like it enough to use it up but the wand is a little too much for my taste. Make the wand a bit smaller and bring the price down by a few dollars and I think I'd think about maybe buying it again :)

I liked it:)

I was really disappointed with this one because I love the regular lengthening Lash Accelerator. The original one made my lashes super long, but left much to be desired for the volumizing part so when I saw one geared at volumizing too, I was pumped to try it. As it turns out, the product is just as wet as the original which isn't a plus. The brush is a strangely shaped tear drop that's flat on one side. It doesn't lengthen like the original, nor does it volumize at all. I tried pairing it today by sweeping one coat over my lashes, and then using Maybelline's Lash Stiletto volumizing mascara over the ends and that helps give them more volume, but I feel that I shouldn't have to use two mascara's to get what the first one promises. If you're going to go with a Lash Accelerator product, go with the original. This one is a terrible let down.

on 8/9/2011 3:46:00 PM

I didn't think it was possible for a mascara to make my lashes look like they were thinner and shorter. Seriously. My lashes are pretty good. They aren't super long nor are they super thick. But, with the right mascara, they can look pretty fabulous. This particular formula, however, made them look less-than, and that's just a deal breaker. I suppose if I were going for the natural, barely-there look, this might be a good product. However, I expect mascara to deliver and this one didn't. The brush is even a huge conundrum. It's a short, squat bumble bee looking thing that's slightly curved and gets very thin toward the end. This is supposed to help get those tiny inner lashes. I get that part. However, with the formula being as weak as it is, it didn't seem like any lashes were being covered with product. Also, the brush is thicker toward one end which is great for the outer lashes, but what about the lashes in between - the ones over the center part of the eye? Nothing covered them. I have zero patience at 6:45 a.m. to figure out how many coats of this product to use not to mention how to work with the brush. Thank goodness for Ulta's return policy. I exchanged it for Almay One Coat Lengthening, which I've used (and loved!) before. I even got $3.49 refunded!

Popular Mascaras