Thierry Mugler Angel

Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.2

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Unfortunately, this perfume did not work out for me. I know that scents are very subjective and is affected largely by preference so I will try not to be too harsh. This perfume is very masculine and STRONG. Straight out of bottle, it is overpowering if you are not careful. I sprayed maybe about half a spray and even then the scent was so strong. If you actually do like this perfume, this is great for you because it'll probably last you all day. I had to take it off about 10 minutes into wearing it because the smell was so offensive for me. I have no idea why this is named "Angel." It certainly does not smell anything like what I imagine an angel would smell like.

I love this perfume, I wear it almost everyday. The scent isnt for everyone though, it is a very musky strong perfume that WILL last all day. I smelled this perfume on another person a year ago and I had to have it. This perfume does smell like a sophisticated cologne with a female twist. Shoppers now has refillables at their stores for this perfume, which makes it cheaper. The only thing I do not like about the product is that it doesnt stand up, it lays flat.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I know this was supposedly one of the first "gourmand" scents that started a fragrance avalanche of foodie scents, but even so, I find it to be very off-putting. It's basically a sharp men's cologne scent with a dash of honey. It might have been ground breaking at its inception, but now it just seems stale and cliche. Very manly, very long-lasting and very irrelevant.

on 5/12/2014 9:35:00 PM

I've heard about this scent for so lonxg and every time i smelled it at sephora i just couldn't believe anyone would buy this. It just smelled terrible! So strong and (forgive me) "old lady ish". Just terrible. Fast forward a few years, my teacher wears this and she always smelled so good. I didn't realize it was this until I dared myself to sniff it again at ulta one day and it smelled like her! And all of a sudden, i can't get enough of this. Now I smell the patchouli. Now I smell the chocolate....and holy crap, it's incredible. I cannot get enough of it! I bought the EDT and love it but wanted to also try the EDP which I love even more. The first few minutes you spray this on it smells wayyyyyyy strong but give it 5 minutes and it will be so worth it.

on 6/22/2014 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

These other reviews are great and funny. I never would have described Angel as smelling like weed or shit or death. More like warm, spicy honey. But I do realize it is polarizing. I didn't like it at first, smelling it on a sample card. But after receiving a sample on a shopping trip with my MIL, I learned that she hates Angel. So I decided to give it another try! ;)
I like the way it smells on my skin, warm and sweet. But after reading these reviews, I have noticed that it wears down to a dirt-like smell. Not an earthy potting-soil type of smell. Just dirty, dirt. But I personally never notice that undertone at first. And I change perfumes nearly everyday, so it never has much time to wear down that much or stick around. So I enjoy what I notice; the honey, vanilla, carmel, maybe a bit of bergamot. If it offends someone else's nose, well, that's just kind of a bonus!

on 5/28/2014 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I brought this perfume because of the hype plus they had Eva Mendez at the face of it and I love her I didn't ask the lady behind the counter to spray so I could test run it and I'm so glad I didn't because I would have went running for the hills it smell like bourbon street (am from New Orleans) anyway I got it home and was oh no I stink and jumped in the shower in vain trying to wash it off I had no such luck but about two hours later I kept smelling this warm chocolate slightly musky smell that smelled so good I was like what is that then bam it hit me it was angel the dry down sold me on this so if I want to wear this I spray it two hour before I have to go anywhere btw please be very lite handed this stuff is strong

on 5/4/2014 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The first time a sales lady sprayed my wrist with Angel I almost gagged. "how can this be one of the most popular fragrances in the world?! It smells like a dumpster swarming with roaches" I said to my husband. I nearly gagged, but resisted the urge to wash it off. We came home and after 7 hours or wearing it I smelled this delicious mix of patchouli and vanilla and berries and everything that's delicious in this world. Fast forward a few months later, I decided to give it another go, on paper. And I held that paper for a good hour. Smelled it every 5 minutes and I could not get enough of it! I still didn't hasten to buy it. Did the tango for a month and I finally decided to buy it. I'm in love. PS. The packaging of the refillable 50ml star bottle I found ridiculously cheap. The plastic/metallic like cover is so flimsy. Seeing that I paid 140$ for this bottle the expect the packaging to be top notch. And it isn't.

on 5/11/2014 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE this perfume but what I do so I do not suffocate people, is that I spray it into little tubes I actually got from a lab with a screw cap top and I dab it on so only I can smell it. One spray of this perfume can be grounds for homicide. Opium and Lauder's Knowing are the same. However, a trick is that I bought the body lotion which has taken 5 years to go through and it seems to be much milder and cheaper. But ladies, in the name of humanity do not layer this scent. pleassssse

on 4/22/2014 5:24:00 PM

I am writing a review for Angel as I have read many reviews and it seems I feel differently about this sent than many others, yes it is Bold, but if used with a light hand to me can be a Beautiful refreshing fragrance. It reminds me of the Fog covered Mountains tops on a cool morning, The crisp water in the streams. This can be a most Beautiful fragrance. I Love this sent and it will always be a part of my life. My wish for others who try this, Look into the fragrance not just the surface.

Of course I bought it due to the hype. My lesson is: no matter what the reputation or fame, now matter how high they sing or how popular it is, if your body feels sick right after wearing it, then it's a perfume that you can't not wear. Angel has a monster sillage and it goes straight to my head especially the mix of Xmas tree and cat pee. I was so obssessed and so terrified that one moth after that, I stood in Disneyland flower beds and smelled something exactly like Angel. I felt lke being sent into a big prison and had an immeditae headache. I ran away from those beautiful flower beds. Please test it in person before buying. I bought it blindly due to the rumor, a big bottle, and obviously I had to pay for my mistake.

Popular Fragrances