Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

on 4/13/2016 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I just received this in the mail yesterday - this is the BEST powder I have ever used.

First off, this is an extremely finely milled powder and my other powder such as Ben Nye, Covergirl, Maybelline and even the ever so popular RCMA no color powder cannot compare whatsoever, especially in texture. Everyone seems to complain about the smell, I honestly really can't say I dislike it - I find it quite pleasant and luxurious feeling overall when I apply it.

This powder will definitely fly everywhere if you try using the puff it comes with, I turn the packaging over and tap the powder so it falls into the lid and then scoop it out with a damp beauty blender. I only poked through half of the little holes on the sifter and I find this really helps with controlling the amount of powder that comes out and saves me product. This is fantastic both for setting and baking. I have mine in the shade "translucent extra coverage" and it's the perfect neutral shade for my NW20 skin tone.

Only downfall is that it is not available in Canada so I have to order it off of Ebay for marked up prices, but for the quality I don't mind it one bit and just order in bulk. That said - this powder is gigantic and will last you forever as (65g) per jar is A LOT.

My skin tends to get flaky and dehydrated during this time of the year with weather changes and literally every other powder I own has caked up on me lately and emphasized my dry patches except this one. I even baked with this today and piled it on and my skin not only feels baby soft and smooth but my pores have practically vanished its as if I'm airbrushed. I cannot say enough good things about this powder, I already know I will most likely be using this for the rest of my life. I am curious if the translucent shade is any different in color, I might give that one a go as well or in the coming summer months I may try the "suntan" and "rosy beige" shades.

Coty, you NEED to bring this amazing product to Canada PLEASE. Will continue to repurchase and use boat loads of! 5 lippies!! :)

on 4/9/2016 9:55:00 AM

In love with this powder! It is very silky and smooth. It smells so good and it is magic in a container. I use this to set my concealer and it makes it not crease and makes my makeup look flawless. The price is fantastic! For me it does not leave a white residue and it photographs beautiful. It doesn't leave a white cast. It gives you so much product for the price. It last all day. It keeps my makeup matte and helps with my concealer so it won't crease. I apply this on my t-zone area and it helps control my oil. It's one of the best products I own! I use this product every time I apply my makeup it's a must! As you can see in this video

I absolutely love this as a setting powder. You get a ton of product and its easy to pile and bake with it. I actually prefer it over my bare minerals, one because it is so much cheaper and two because of the look and easy use. It also doesn't fly around and make a huge mess like my NYX translucent powder. It is a creamier powder. The only bad thing about this is on mine, the lid isn't a screw on, it just sits on there, so it can be bad if you drop it and the lid pops off. The powder does have a fairly strong older people smell, but i honestly can't say i dislike it. I guess it may bring back old memories. Overall a great product and will most likely be used every day for me.

on 3/21/2016 4:47:00 PM

NO NO NO NO NO NO. I used to use Urban Decay's Razor Sharp setting powder which is amazing but have yet to find a dupe for it. I've been using this for a couple weeks now and I cannot and will not like this. I bought because of the Youtuber PatrickStarrr. He completely sold this product to me because 1) he does Youtube 2) its a large container with lots of product 3) its inexpensive. Yes it is a large container with lots of product and its inexpensive, however, it leaves LITTLE to be desired. It's not really silky to me, more of a creamy powder like Bare Minerals. So you can imagine if I put this over my already very pigmented liquid foundation, it's going to pretty much melt off because its so creamy. IT SMELLS... EXTREMELY MATURE and I HATE THAT. If you don't mind that it smells like elderly women, looks like pigmented baby powder, is way too creamy to be a setting powder, then this is the product for you. There's still so much powder left in the container that I'd be willing to give this away to someone that would like this since I don't want to waste my money. Only good thing is that this will not cause you to look like an ashy ghost.

Bottom line, don't even bother with this. Find something much more finely milled for that soft focus effect and feel.

on 3/19/2016 10:26:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Very very silky powder and good feel at skin.
I tried so many loose powder but this is the one!!
I got from Walmart $6. So cheap and this powder dose wonderful job!!
I will purchase again.

this was one of the first powders I ever bought and I love the amount you get for such a low price. but this did not work for me, it made me look cakey, no matter how little I used, also I didn't like the scent of this also it is really messy and will get all over my counter

on 2/28/2016 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

this loose powder is great. its very finely milled and completely undetectable on the face and it is also one of the longest lasting ive tried so far. however, it has a strong herbal scent to it making me wanna choke every time i put it on in the morning and the scent lingers for hours - not good. other than that, this powder is one of the best out there. i would've given it 5 lippies if it wasnt for the strong fragrance. too bad.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So after reading the reviews, I decided to purchase this. I was very excited and pumped to use this, and maybe it's the way I put it on, but at the end of the day, my face looked NOT cute. I did check for oil during regular intervals, but the face I looked at in the morning on my mirror looked so much different from the one I saw that afternoon. I still kept trying it for a week, but to no avail it was not good for me. I'm not sure what went wrong (application/skin type/???) but I'm bummed out it didn't work out. I switched back to my original face powder (NYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder) and my makeup look fab again. I seriously hoped it worked good for me. At least it smelled good to me!

on 2/8/2016 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

There is a reason this stuff has been around forever; it is a classic. The only con is the smell.
I have used this powder forever. In my 20s, over moisturizer. In my 30s and 40s, over foundation. In my 50s, over BB cream.
I usuall turn it upside down, whack it lightly on the vanity, and then apply the powder over my face with the puff. Let it sit for a few and brush excess off with a kabuki brush. Lightly press a damp wash cloth over my face and it lasts all day.
Too much blushe and no time to redo your makeup? Brush a little powder over it. Set you matte lipstick? Blot, lightly powder, reapply lipstick, and blot. Add some oomph to the eyelashes? Curl, apply mascara, apply a little powder, and add more mascara. Luminous translucent makes a great highlighter. I like naturaly neutral.
The price is right. It comes in a variety of colors. One can find it at the drugstore, walmart, and target. It makes my skin look smooth and does not settle in the fine lines. I've used the mascara trick since the 70s.
Loose powder is for the makeup application. Pressed powder is for a touchup.

I really love this powder but I've started to realize it really depends on how you wear it. What I like to do is set my foundation with a large powder brush. The key is to just apply a very light layer or else it can make your foundation look very cakey and it will break up throughout the day. This happens mostly in my oily areas around my nose and chin. I've noticed it doing that with multiple foundations. I don't love the packaging because the holes are so big that a lot of product comes out especially when you're traveling! (it's a mess). A lot of people comment about the smell but after using it for a few months I don't even notice it. The smell wears off very fast.