Urban Decay NAKED

Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I like this palette!
It contains basic shades that every woman should own and which are always trendy and look good on any skin type or eye colour.
Shades are high quality and last all day even without eyeshadow base.
Texture is great, well pigmented, blends well (I use two sided brush that comes with shades).
My favourite shades are dark horse and buck!
My friend has been using this palette for more than a year every day and it looks almost like brand new, so it's a good investment no matter the price.
The packaging is good, my only complaint is that when I want to put on my make up, I want to keep the box open, but it keeps closing, so I have to put something on the edge of upper part to prevent closing.
One thing is sure: when you own this product there is no need to buy any other eyeshadow product because here you have everything you need for daily makeup routine AND special occasions.
My overall experience: great product, will repurchase!

on 3/19/2016 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I LOVE this eyeshadows. I have the Naked 2 and 3 and they are both really nice. They have a really nice consistancy and blend really well. I love that they are soooo pigmented and buildable. I actually never buy high end make up but this stuff is so worth the hype.
They do not crumble or fall down easily and with the urban decay primer which comes with the palette they really last forever.
Also I like the combination of the colors, really pretty.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

My review is written down below but I also filmed a video so here you go

Hey everyone who is reading this. Whenever I go to Sephora and pick up something I want to know that I am getting what I paid for. This palette is really nice. The packaging is a bit big and bulky though probably not good if you are travelling. But it makes up for that with the gorgeous glittery eyeshadows. If you are not into glitter eye shadows I don't recommend this product for you. The shadows are super pigmented and beautiful. The entire palette is pinks and purples so if that isn't your style check out a cooler deeper coloured palette. Other than glitter eyeshadows they also include matte shadows which are my absolute favourite and the highlight shade is beautiful. Overall this product is great but the packaging is bulky for travelling and they only consist of pinks and purples so theres not a ton of colour selection. The shadow feels very soft when is against your skin and it doesn't hurt my eyelids. I have oily skin so I find when I don't use an eyeshadow primer with the shadows it rubs off after my day, but it holds really well with a base.

on 3/10/2016 1:10:00 AM

Pros:
1. Wonderful packaging although the texture can be prone to dust and dirt. Regardless, the design was tastefully done.
2. I love that the names are printed just below the shadows.
3. Glad this came with a double ended brush (just like any other naked eye palette from UD) because it's a great multi-use tool to use for in case you're traveling.
4. The texture is superb! It has that soft buttery texture that makes blending super easy.
5. The palette itself contains more shimmery shades than matte. For someone who adores shimmery warm and neutral shades, this palette is perfect for me!
6. The packs a lot of product and a little goes a long way. So this could last you a long while even with daily use.
7. The pigmentation is great! However, if you want a bolder more dense color, use the shadows with a wet eye brush.
8. This packs a punch on your lid even without a primer. However, I find using primer saves me the re-touch and avoids with the creasing.

Cons:
1. The texture of the packaging is prone to dust and dirt.

I have nothing bad to say about this product except that, like any other high end product, this can cost you quite a bit. So one lippie off that! Although, this is totally worth the splurge! This is my ultimate PERFECT WARM eye shadow palette!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love this palette! The brush is great for blending, angling, and getting a lot of pigment on the lid for precision and to get the desired effect that you are looking for. This is very versatile and works well with a lot of skin tones in the fair to medium range. Personally, I have beige and cool-toned skin, and I'm able to create many different looks with this whether subtle or bold and smoky for both daytime and evening wear. Plus, this comes with a good quality eye shadow primer. Here's a break down of the colors:

Virgin (nude satin): Works great for highlighting
Sin (champagne shimmer): it mutes (and even slightly brightens up) darker colors well with just a hint of pink, yet it's sheer and is also good for highlighting and finishing a look
Naked (buff matte): This is one of the only matte shades. It's a great base, very natural
Sidecar (beige sparkle): I LOVE this shade. It has a beautiful pearly sparkle, great pigment
Buck (brown matte): The "Naked" shade's slightly darker sister. I use it in the crease or as a base a lot
Half Baked (bronze): Great for blue/grey eyes! Brightens up any look beautifully
Smog (golden brown shimmer): Great for smoking out a bronzey-gold look
Toasted (taupe bronze): one of my go-to shadows. It's gorgeous by itself on the lid. Very shiny, without being too glittery for everyday/casual use
Hustle (mocha shimmer): I use this below the eyelid or on my outer lid to add more of a dramatic look to the subtle colors (especially the matte ones, such as "Buck"). It's great by itself too when blended really well
Creep (near black metallic): A favorite of mine for an intense, dark look, especially on top of a more subtle grey
Gunmetal (dark grey metallic): You must blend well, and it requires a little highlighting, but the pigmentation is awesome. A staple for smoky eyes for sure

All the eye shadows last so long, have great pigmentation, and stand out great! Some might wish there were more matte shades, but I think it's a great balance. I'd recommend to most people who prefer shimmery colors.

on 2/26/2016 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So, I bought the Naked palette, initially, for my friend as a wedding present, and it looked stunning and soft on her. Sadly, she isn't the makeup junkie that I am and she almost never uses it... such a shame. However, the point is, I decided to splurge since I, unlike my sweet bffl, would use it to its full potential. I have light-medium olive/neutral skin with dark hair and hazel/brown eyes and this palette is nothing but complementary. I love Sin as an all-over lid color, Naked or Buck as transition and crease colors (especially if I'm going for a more nude or no-makeup look since they're the only two matte) and Dark Horse or Hustle if I want to glam it up. Hustle is ESPECIALLY pretty with hazel eyes as it has just enough plum in there to enhance any green tones you might have hidden in your eyes.

I do, however, wish there were more matte options as I prefer to nude it up and the shimmery colors don't always appeal to me on a regular basis. I'm concerned that I am going to run out of the only two matte colors this palette has before I run out of any of the others. Still, this is a beautiful product and I don't begrudge the price I paid for it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The shadows are fine, too much fall out and not as pigmented as I hoped for. I prefer the balm nude dude to this any day

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This was my only neutral palette for about 5 years...I liked the shade selection but the finish leaves something to be desired. The shades that I would normally use are Sin, Smog, Half Baked, and Sidecar. They were all so shimmery that they were wet/metallic looking which is not my preference for everyday. Sidecar, Creep, and Gunmetal had a lot of fall out migrating sparkles/glitter. I think it's just the shape of my eyes that do not look good in such metallic shades, but this is a good quality palette anyways. The pigmentation is strong and the blendability is great.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

So I've bought the Naked 2 palette TWICE now because I used to love the colors but they were a little too cool on my olive mediterranean skintone/dark eyes. I was looking into a few other palettes and then saw this. It already has a few colors I love (sin, smog, toasted). So I bought it and I love it! Most of the time I used the matte colors Naked and Buck, mixed with separate eyeshadows from UD called Tease and Secret Service. But for nights, I'll mix smog and toasted in, or use creep. I love mixing Sin and Verve from this palette. Basically, I've found a use for almost every color (even the grays for a smoky eye) and I really think it's one of the best purchases I've made.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The only palette you may ever need. Contains the most beautiful colors ever. It's amazing