Urban Decay NAKED

Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Lovely everyday colours which are blendable, pigmented and flattering. These eyeshadows don't even crease on me when I'm not wearing primer which is a definite bonus because I can be rushed doing my makeup in the morning and I try to reduce steps wherever possible. The colours also do tend to last on my lids without primer, but just aren't as dramatic.

Packaging is ok and I do like the double ended brush that comes with the palette and that there's a built-in mirror.

It would be good if there was another matte shade. I use the two matte shades 'Buck' and 'Naked' all the time and will definitely use those two colours up before any of the rest. 'Virgin' makes for a great highlighter colour, but use sparingly because it's incredibly shiny! I just usually use a tiny bit in the inner corners of my eyes and really lightly just under my brows as a highlight.

This is a really versatile palette that can be used for everyday or used with the darker colours to create more drama. High quality and would suit virtually everyone.

on 4/23/2016 11:05:00 AM

This product has been out for like ages but i never got down to purchasing it because i couldn't understand what the hype was about. Now i do :)

Pros:
+ very versatile
+ wearable colours, suitable for everyday use
+ great for daytime, nighttime looks
+ extremely pigmented, one swatch is all you need
+ texture is smooth & buttery
+ a little goes a long way
+ very long lasting, esp when you use a primer (i recommend using their primer, i gave a review and is highly raved, my HG now when i wear eyeshadows)

Cons:
- price (considered mid range for me i guess, however you get the quality for the price you get)
- not enough matte, transition shadows

I actually purchased the Naked 3 palette first before buying this, and deciding that this original palette is 100x better. This is NOT to say that naked 3 sucks, the rose gold tones are great and the quality is the same, however i realise i don't use those soft rose gold eyeshadows as much as this.

If you're the neutral colour type and prefer wearing more browns then this is the palette for you, no doubt. I haven't tried naked 2, but based on the swatches i see on reviews alone, i would much prefer this palette a lot more.

I have cool undertones, so the pop of blue in this palette actually suited me a lot more. I like it very much, and would wear it for a girls' night out! The pop of colour, yet its not those loud, vibrant, neon vibe when i wear it.

I do wish that they had a bit more matte shadows as a transition shade. So far this palette only has two, either light taupe brown or a slightly darker brown. The rest of the shades are shimmery. If they had more matte shades i feel that it would be even better to act as transition shades and create more wearable looks. Its the same for the other naked series. 2 &3 only has a few matte shades too.

The price is expensive. However you pay for the quality you get, so i can look past that. I don't think this palette can be used up that fast since the colours are extremely pigmented. And i hope they never discontinue it because it is almost like a staple for every girl's collection. Would definitely repurchase!

If you're new to makeup, get this. You won't be disappointed. If you're very familiar with UD line, then you know this is your HG! Hope this review helps!

on 4/7/2016 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Of course I have nothing bad to say about this palette - it's perfect EXCEPT I wish it had one or two matte neutral shades like Naked 2-3. The shadows in this are super pigmented, buttery and easy to work with. it's SO versatile and goes with any eye color. I love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have all the UD Naked eyeshadow palettes. I am never disappointed with the colors and quality of the shadows. They go on smooth with the UD primer products and last all day.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I loooooove Urban Decay Palettes!!
I have the Naked 1 and Naked 2 palette! However I do with I had bought the Naked 3 instead because I have small eyes and therefore I the brighter colors from the Naked 3 would have suited me better as an everyday palette.
I do love the Naked 1 and 2, however I don't reach for them everyday as I find the Chocolate bar better suited for everyday use!

As an MUA I am so impressed by the quality of this product. Colors are so versatile on so many skintones, amazing color pay-off, stays in place no matter what.... I could go on and on about this, just get it, NOW!

on 3/26/2016 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this on my hazel eyes, you can go light or dark or smokey, texture is gorgeous and I travel often with this palette its all I need, can use colors on brows and also use as an eyeliner when wet. Perfect shades, very neutral.

I like this palette!
It contains basic shades that every woman should own and which are always trendy and look good on any skin type or eye colour.
Shades are high quality and last all day even without eyeshadow base.
Texture is great, well pigmented, blends well (I use two sided brush that comes with shades).
My favourite shades are dark horse and buck!
My friend has been using this palette for more than a year every day and it looks almost like brand new, so it's a good investment no matter the price.
The packaging is good, my only complaint is that when I want to put on my make up, I want to keep the box open, but it keeps closing, so I have to put something on the edge of upper part to prevent closing.
One thing is sure: when you own this product there is no need to buy any other eyeshadow product because here you have everything you need for daily makeup routine AND special occasions.
My overall experience: great product, will repurchase!

on 3/19/2016 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I LOVE this eyeshadows. I have the Naked 2 and 3 and they are both really nice. They have a really nice consistancy and blend really well. I love that they are soooo pigmented and buildable. I actually never buy high end make up but this stuff is so worth the hype.
They do not crumble or fall down easily and with the urban decay primer which comes with the palette they really last forever.
Also I like the combination of the colors, really pretty.

on 3/10/2016 1:10:00 AM

Pros:
1. Wonderful packaging although the texture can be prone to dust and dirt. Regardless, the design was tastefully done.
2. I love that the names are printed just below the shadows.
3. Glad this came with a double ended brush (just like any other naked eye palette from UD) because it's a great multi-use tool to use for in case you're traveling.
4. The texture is superb! It has that soft buttery texture that makes blending super easy.
5. The palette itself contains more shimmery shades than matte. For someone who adores shimmery warm and neutral shades, this palette is perfect for me!
6. The packs a lot of product and a little goes a long way. So this could last you a long while even with daily use.
7. The pigmentation is great! However, if you want a bolder more dense color, use the shadows with a wet eye brush.
8. This packs a punch on your lid even without a primer. However, I find using primer saves me the re-touch and avoids with the creasing.

Cons:
1. The texture of the packaging is prone to dust and dirt.

I have nothing bad to say about this product except that, like any other high end product, this can cost you quite a bit. So one lippie off that! Although, this is totally worth the splurge! This is my ultimate PERFECT WARM eye shadow palette!