St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse
St. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

4.1

Aqua (Water), Dihydroxyacetone, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Polysorbate 20, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfun (Fragrance), Citric Acid, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Coumarin, Citronellol, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Eugenol, CI 16035 (Red40), CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This tanner has its good and bad points but overall it is one of my favourites (I also Love Model Co spray tan in a can which is equally as amazing if not bette - just harder to apply) and I have re purchased it quite a few times just because I haven't been able to find one with a colour as natural and brown (not orange) as this one.
Pros:
*Really nice brown colour not orange
*Can see what your applying as its an instant tan
*Looks natural

Cons:
*Tends to go dry and flakey on the skin within a day
*Need to really scrub your skin first otherwise it sticks to dry patches and looks flakey and dry
*Need to reapply it the next day otherwise it looks faded and slightly orange
*Gets all over your sheets :(

I always use a Mitt to get it looking even and to avoid orange hands. This stuff dries very very quickly ! =)
But I still like it for the brown colour it gives my white skin, so I will keep repurchasing :)

AMAZING... best fake tan EVER...If you do get some on your hands btw, toothpaste takes it off lol.

I bought this product cuz I heard it was good and also it's dirt cheap here in the UK, especially if you get it in like SemiChem or Savers. I'm glad I read the reviews here telling me that it has an indicator colour that you can then wash off the morning after applying to leave your fake tan colour, because the indicator can look really orange! So it's just an indicator don't panic! Besides that, as a product I love this stuff. You just pull on your gloves, slap it on, rub it in till the indicator looks nice, wash the indicator off the next morning and tada!! Really natural colour that is never streaky and I personally get streaks from all fake tanners. I use it cuz it is so easy and for fake tan quite quick. I honestly think you need it every day to get a proper tan, otherwise it's just a bit of colour....and I'm really fair but still bought the medium to dark cuz my real tan is quite dark and still need to use it every day. But be in a bathroom that you can wipe down, it goes EVERYWHERE and stains. But overall, I think it's really good for being so cheap :D

on 7/22/2012 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this from Amazon after hearing all the hype on beauty blogs. I've had horrible luck with it. It's patchy, dries too quickly, and is barely noticeable. I think my bottle has gone bad since it's been really hot here lately. The one pro though is that I didn't turn orange. But overall this product is not worth the effort or the price (even though it was cheap).

on 7/12/2012 7:54:00 PM

I am super pale and have been trying to find a fake tan for an upcoming wedding. I use origins great pretender normally, which is perfect for very pale skin, but want something a bit deeper for the wedding. This stuff is great, it gives a deep colour without looking too fake, although tan will always look somewhat fake on a pale person, it is nice for a special occasion. It does dry very quickly so you have to work very fast or it will be uneven. For the price though, this stuff is amazing and I would reccommend anyone who likes fake tan to give it a try, especially if you are using the much more expensive st tropez, as this may be just as good.

on 6/30/2012 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

St. Moriz is an amazing fake tanner and one that I would highly recommend. I'm not exactly a fake tanning pro and often approach it with caution as I'm so pale and live in constant fear of looking like a tangerine, but this is honestly such a brilliant tanner to use if your a newbie, I can't see how anyone could go wrong with it!

It comes in 3 shades; light, medium and dark. The light is perfect for a very natural tan on those who have a nc15-nc25 skintone. I initially bought light but I often found myself craving a slightly more noticeable tan so when the time came to repurchase I went for medium. There isn't a massive difference between the two, the medium is only marginally darker but you can build it up very easily to create the intensity of tan that you want.

The colour is slightly off-putting on the mitt, a deep brown with a green tinge, however, translated onto the skin it is a lovely olive without a hint of orange insight. It also dries in record time, no standing around waiting for it to stop feeling sticky.

You do definitely need to give yourself a good exfoliation before applying this as it sinks into dry areas very easily and leaves them a darker colour than the rest of your tan, not a good look! That would probably be my only qualm with it though, as in terms of easiness of application and colour it gets top marks! Will definitely continue to repurchase, the price tag (around 4 from semi-chem) is unbeatable and it gives wonderful results! x

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have this in the lotion however there are no reviews for that. After reading all the rave reviews - I was really looking forward to trying it. Had it shipped to Aus and it cost around $10. I have never found a fake tanner that has given me such a wonderful colour. Not only that, but it dries so quickly and leaves NO sticky feeling what so ever. This tan has so many wonderful things going for it but I will state my biggest problem with it first - the colour fades so much. I applied 1 coat last night, and another earlier today. I just had a shower then and the colour faded a fair bit. I have a big stage performance tomorrow night and wanted to be tanned for it, and unfortunately I can't rely on the St Moriz to get me dark enough. I mean, c'mon people - if you are going to go to all the effort of applying a tan, then it needs to be able to last at least 2 days. Having said that, let me tell you that is the most natural looking tanner I have ever applied. It is an olive based colour, not golden, not yellow or orange - legit olive. The drying time is absolutely fantastic. It dries almost instantly. No stains on my clothes or sheets. No stickyness. Completely dry. It's fantastic. Not even my $50 Zen Tan dries like the St Moriz does. I'm disappointed with it fading quickly but I will continue to repurchase. Taking off 2 lippies for the fading factor!

on 6/17/2012 10:33:00 AM

Not wanting to shell out $40+ for St Tropez, I did some research and found this cheaper dupe. This is a UK based product from what I gather, so I ordered it online via Amazon, as it can't be found in the US. Overall I think I paid 10 dollars with shipping.

This product is VERY good. It comes in a pump bottle and the product has a mousse texture. The color is rich and instant, leaving a very noticeable difference from your starting tone. It is by no means orange. I purchased the color "Dark" which is the darkest that the line produces, and it gives you an instant deep tan. I did not have to do any layering or multiple sessions with this product in order to build up a color. I was very pleased with the instant deep tan color the product delivered with one application.

Although this is solidly my HG tanner, there are a few cons with this product I'd like to point out. First, you must work quickly. This product dries fast and so you dont want to let a blob of mousse sit on any part of your body as you contemplate where to start blending because it will leave a noticeable blot stain. Secondly, the product can seem a bit "dry" (having used liquid tanners, I was very used to a creamy and easily spreadable texture that you rub in). To combat this, I recommend mixing a tiny bit of your favorite body moisturizer with a pump of product and blend the two between your hands before spreading.

I recommend this product because it has amazing color pay off, it is cheap, the quality supersedes that of pricier high end tanners, and it lasts a fairly long time.

on 6/3/2012 2:18:00 PM

overall good product, gives you a nice dark tan with only a few applications BUT WARNING: it does tend to start flaking/patching off after about a week(not a good look) so you have to exfoliate your body till it fully comes off and start all over again... im not sure if thats normal for self tanners to do but I probably will not repurchase this item for that reason. Other than that though its a great product!

on 5/15/2012 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Got this on ebay for only $6. It left a really nice and natural color but it doesn't last longer than a day :( Compared to my Jergens, Clairins, and L'oreal, this gave me the darkest tan but it washes off way too quickly. Clarins lasts about 3 days on me and Jergens lasts about 2. It's a really cheap price but it's a hassle putting on self tan every other day. Not sure I would buy it again.. if it lasted at a few more days this would be the best self tanner I've tried