Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product did not work for me. The powder created a scale-like effect when applied. I used it to set my NARS radiant creamy concealer and it made my skin look like a reptile!

I tried using more and less product, but it always had the same result. Especially for the price, the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder is not worth it for me. I bought the 0.33 oz travel size for $23. That's about $69 an oz!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've stopped using loose powder as they were starting to emphasize on the age-lines beneath my eyes. But then again, I could had been using way too much and with the wrong application (puff puff all over the face, every square inch of my face with a light layer of loose powder - SO WRONG now I know!).

With this powder, I either use the designated puff (sold separately), applied in a dabbing motion, or with a damp BB, and only on areas needed - under the eyes (especially, very very little - I don't wear concealer, just to keep my mascara from smudging onto my lower lids), and on my T-zone as I don't like my T-zone to shine.

Yes, they do keep the oilies away (although I am more dehydrated-dry). I also don't get a dry/tight feeling, unlike other powders.

Only that I supposed I'll have to buy the pressed version for my travels.

Yes, this is a keeper, and I'll repurchase. Definitely.

on 8/28/2016 11:26:00 PM

Currently my go-to powder. Controls oil very well for me and plays nicely with all my current foundations. Impressed with how well it sets my under-eye. Mattifies without looking cakey on me. Will repurchase.

on 8/17/2016 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder is amazing! I've never been a fan of loose powders, especially translucent ones because they tend to make me ashy looking but this powder is flawless! It sets my make up beautifully and it keeps my oily skin at bay. My skin never looks cakey and it pairs really well with my Kat Von D tattoo foundation. Will defiantly be repurchasing!

on 8/28/2016 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Unfortunately for me this didn't work on many fronts. I have oily, acne prone and sensitive skin that can easily cause products to cake.

I bought this hoping against all hope I had found a line in Laura Mercier that was safe for sensitive skin. Unfortunately for me this broke me out when I used it to set my foundation. Very odd for a powder to do on me, most of the time I'm good with powders. I tried it without foundation just concealer and again I broke out in small white bumps all over.

When I use this, it sets on liquids too heavy and makes me look cakey. It didn't really do anything special to hold my foundation in place for longer.

I decided to finish this product by using it as an under eye setting powder and it works well. The only downer for me is it sets very dry and crepe like. At the end of the day this isn't a great look.

The product has lasted me a long time so I do appreciate the cost effectiveness. But all in all I just can't bring myself to repurchase.

on 8/2/2016 10:56:00 PM

First things first, I absolutely loooove this powder. After swearing by the Chanel loose powder for years, I thought i'd try something different out and I am thoroughly happy. I love the packaging, it looks sleek and pretty and also contains A LOT of powder so you're definitely getting your moneys worth. The feel of it on the skin is like powdered silk - my skin always feels so soft after using it and I find it doesn't 'cake' my face up. I like to either use this to bake or just set my entire face and it does its job and after wearing it for a full day in the sun, I did not need to re-apply. Would definitely recommend this!

on 7/31/2016 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't want to like this powder because of the price, but OMG it is my HG powder. I have super oily skin & this sets my my all day. Despite the initial outlay being costly, it has lasted me 9 months so far with daily use, so realistically it's not that expensive. This product really does deserve the hype.

on 6/22/2016 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've been using the translucent loose powder since about late December-early January. Given that I've used it in several seasons and months now (I've had the travel size) and I'm still not close to being done, I've given it a pretty good test run and feel comfortable sharing my thoughts on it.

The loose powder is a very nicely milled product that feels smooth and silky when you run it under your fingers. It sheers out beautifully and it does a great job of keeping things matte. For someone with dry skin, I initially worried about this and my big concern was if it would dry out my skin. It does not dry out my undereyes and does a great job keeping my concealer there without creasing. All over the face, however, does look a bit patchy. Despite this, I find a few sprays of MAC Fix+ actually removes the powdery, scaly look and makes it look super natural again, while keeping a demi-matte finish. While I normally would be miffed that I have to use several products to get something working the way I want, I don't hold that against this because powders and dry skin typically don't mix so adding a bit of Fix+ is an easy solution for the exact results I want.

For us dry skinned folk, I would recommend using a powder puff rather than a brush to apply. The brush only kicks up dry patches and a powder puff (when rolling side-to-side) helps to press it into the skin. The only time I use a brush for this product is with the Real Techniques Setting Powder brush and that's only for under my under-eyes.

I wouldn't imagine oily skinned or combo skinned (maybe even normal) folk to have the same problems and I could see this working really well for all of the above. It's just us dry/dehydrated skins that might struggle a bit, but it's nothing a little Fix+ can't help. For POCs, I don't know if this would be good for anything other than baking because it may give a slight ashiness, but I'd still recommend getting the travel size from Sephora to test it out for yourself.

I don't find it adds any additional color, so if you're looking for something to add more coverage, I don't know that this product would meet those needs. However, for something to help longevity in your makeup and give more of a matte appearance, this product is great.

After using up this, I think I'm going to try the ByTerry Hydra Powder, but this is a product I'd definitely repurchase and will do so if the ByTerry does not work.

Pros:

- Available in a travel-size (which comes with a powder puff!) and larger size (does not)
- Does not add color (for those not looking for that)
- Mattifies very effectively
- Great for baking
- Generous amount of product
- Does a good job of preventing under-eye concealer creasing
- Helps to prolong makeup wear

Cons:

- Dry-skinned folk may have difficulty with product and may need to use additional products to get desired results
- Does not add color (for those looking for that)
- May not work well for POCs

on 7/14/2016 12:01:00 PM

This stuff is horrible for dry skin try a light touch of bobbi brown weightless skin powder foundation to set makeup.....trust me

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This powder is amazing. First of all packaging, it comes in a round package with tiny holes on the top. As you shake some powder comes through the tiny holes. Now for texture, it never looks powdery or cakey. Even though I have warm skin (nc42) this translucent powder never left any whitish look on my face. Now for oil control, this is the best powder I tried so far. It works better than primer. Make sure to use very small amount, otherwise you will ended up looking too matte. I have combination skin (oily t-zone and dry cheeks). First day I applied little too much due to which I felt dryness in my cheeks. So I only apply this on my t-zone and in my cheeks i just apply the brush with left over powder and that is enough. It controlled the oil for me upto 8-9 hours. I don't think I'll use it in winter but I'll use it and repurchase it for summer.