MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

on 6/14/2012 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This minimizes pores, sucks out every bit of oil, keeps a matte finish on my face all day long, and is transparent. It really does make my foundation and concealer last much longer than it normally would with a drugstore powder. I love this powder!

on 6/5/2012 2:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product! I use it over my face and body foundation to remove some of the shine, and it still looks natural.

However, its not the kind of product I can take 'on the go' with me as it is a bit messy so I use another blot powder if needed hours later while at work or out. I still find it amazing despite this and is part of my everyday routine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have to say this DOES work when it comes to setting my pro longwear liquid foundation (which is a great foundation on its own, i just have oily skin) and an mac retail artist used on me once and i liked it! but DO use a fluffy larger brush when applying. it really helps set my foundation and i look MATTE like a mofo which i like but it can get cakey if i use a denser brush! would buy again!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I loved this for a long time then realised this was the reason that I had a horrible greyish cast on my face with flash photography. For years I thought, my make up doesn't look like that does it? But then reading some threads I realised that this powder was the culprit. It's disheartening to say this because this powder really does finish your makeup nicely. Since searching for alternatives, I have come across several powders that are miles ahead, but none which are transparent. So I have kept what remains in my jar and maybe one day I might try it again.

on 3/24/2012 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
-It looks very natural
-It conceals pores quite well
-No extra coverage, which makes makeup look very natural

Cons:
-It smells unpleasant
-Lasting power (until my face is oily) is no different from my $3 Maybelline powder

When you first buy this powder, cut the sticker and remove just a small piece of it so that only one or two holes are open. This avoids messiness and wastage whenever you open the lid :)

on 4/22/2012 11:19:00 PM

HG setting powder for me. Very finely milled, completely translucent finishing powder. I have a moderately oily T-zone and this keeps it under control and shine free. Doesn't emphasize pores (not sure about minimizing the appearance of them) and stays on throughout the day.

Just be sure to only cut half the sticker when you first open the package. Even after cutting only half of mine, there is still an absurd amount of powder that comes through the holes.

I've been using the same container of this for nearly two years and it's still going strong.

on 3/4/2012 9:34:00 PM

I really like this powder - not love, but really like. It doesn't break me out (I have sensitive skin), it's not too cakey on my dry-ish skin, and it's perfect for when you don't want to use a coloured/pigmented powder (which can sometimes make your foundation look too heavy or obvious). It seems to set my makeup well (better than without it), it keeps some of the shine at bay (not all but some), and I generally feel like after I lightly dust this on after doing my liquid foundation, it just makes my foundation look 20% better (so it is subtle, but still noticeable). I don't know why or how, but it just does. Until I find my HG finishing powder, this will continue to serve me well.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This powder is amazing! I dont like adding more coverage after applying foundation I just like to set.. this sets perfectly giving a soft focus effect imo. The container is a bit messy I don't carry this around with me but I dont find I need it after intial application. Would buy again but this literally lasts me forever!

on 3/19/2012 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is an exact COPY of MUFE HD Powder. It's mostly silica, which absorbs oil (silica is what is in those tiny little white cloth rectangle/squares you find in packaging of leather goods, electronics, clothes, as it keeps the package within the packaging protected from humidity.) It also flies everywhere however you pick it up and then deposit on the skin. Because of this "cloud" of silica I'm not sure if it's a good idea to be inhalling it. You need to back out of the cloud it produces. It's not really a powder per say. I'd rather have one of Dior's loose powders for setting anything as it's so finely milled. I know, it will add some coverage, but not much, especially if you use a full brush for depsit (and it won't sbsorb oil the way silica does.) I think MAC's BLOT powder is better at absorbing excess oil than this. Nonetheless I do like it for what it is/does and would recommend it for someone more combination oily.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

love this powder! you would think that since it's white, it would wash out a deeper skin tone, but it looks lovely on everyone! i love the way it looks on top of my foundation. it makes me matte while still giving me a luminous complexion, which i love. i don't like to look completely matte! it has great staying power but i still find myself doing touch ups throughout the day, which is expected considering i have very oily skin. it also works lovely if you put concealer on under your foundation, putting some of this on top the concealer sets it perfectly. i love this product, will definitely repurchase when i run out!