Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

on 2/12/2014 7:16:00 PM

This is definitely the best bronzer I had used yet. it's beautifully matte, perfectly neutral and doesn't look orange or red whatsoever. The only, and I mean only, fallback is that it is not as pigmented as I personally prefer. I love a dark contour on my cheekbones, and I find that sometimes I'll have to layer this product to get the depth I want. BUT that is my preference and not a fault of the product, because many people like a more natural contour. Other than that, it is beautiful. Smells amazing of course, stays on until you wash your face, and is the perfect shade for contouring! Love.

on 2/8/2014 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love this bronzer. It's the best I've ever owned and I use it every single day. It's one of the products you just can't do without. I was a bit hesitant to get it at first; it's $32 here in Canada, but it is definitely worth it. What first drew me to this bronzer was it's golden brown colour. Other bronzers I find just have too much orange or reddish tones in them to look natural when contouring on the face. This one is perfect. It's super blendable, lasts all day, and is really well pigmented. You don't have to use much of it. I've been using it daily for over a month and have barely made a dent. Not to mention, it has an amazing chocolate scent, which does fade quickly and is a good thing, I guess. Not sure how I'd feel about walking around with my face smelling like chocolate the whole day haha. But bottom line, it's a fantastic bronzer that's well worth it's price and I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase it.

on 2/7/2014 9:05:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

MY HOLY GRAIL. Without ANY doubts!!!!

This is the first makeup product (except from foundation and concealer) I've used up during my entire makeup life. It took me a LONG while to use it up and I have loved it ever since the first time I tried it. It's the most gorgeous contouring powder in the entire world, the color is AMAZING (I do not know if mine is the one for light/medium skin or dark skin, because it doesn't say it on the back, I got the oldest packaging) and looks really good on my yellow, warm skin. It blends like a god and it stays put forever and ever, it's so gorgeous oh my god. Fan girl moment, yes. I love it. And it smells like chocolate, which is AMAZING. When applying it you can smell a tiny hint of chocolate. It doesn't taste chocolate though..... Anyway, I have not repurchased it yet BECAUSE I can't find out if it's the lightest or the darkest Chocolate Soleil I've recently used up! But as soon as I found out, I will buy it again.

Chocolate Soleil beats NARS Laguna as hard as even possible, I know that Laguna is a really good bronzer - I have it and I like it - but Chocolate Soleil is so much better. It's the best. THE BEST. Amazing, amazing, amazing - I can't say amazing enough. I really miss having it and using it, because there's no bronzer like CS. Highly recommended. HIGHLY. :D

I love this product. Although I don't wear it every single day, I'm still impressed that I literally bought it 5 years ago and still have more then plenty. Although it's a little pricey being a higher end brand, a very little goes a very long way, so you end up saving a lot of money. Pros: I love how it smells like chocolate, I love how little you need to see results, I love the color, I love end result. Cons: it can be a little tricky to blend and not have it streak when applying it to oily skin, but can be fixed.

on 1/31/2014 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

So i got this a while ago and didn't really use it so it's been sat in my 'other' make up bag for a few months along with some of the other products i have not been using recently... So i dug it out a few weeksa go to give it a whirl and see if i can take this on my forthcoming holiday to add a bit of colour when i tan.

I have since realised that this is my new favourite bronzer! It is not orange/gold.. just a nice golden brown. I am currently NC30-35 and will tan to NC40. This is going to be perfect to swirl over my LM tinted moisturiser when i tan on holiday instead of having to purchase a darker colour tinted moisturiser! It is soft, silky and very easy to apply. I apply mine with a NARS 19 bronzer brush - this brush is amazing - and trust me the brush make a huge difference! When i am not tanned, like at the moment, i just use bronnzer to contour a little and this works a treat. However, in order to avoid having to purchase a darker tinted moisturiser when i tan, i have been swirling and buffing the bronzer all over my face - lightly - before i remove my make up to test whether it will be good enough to use all over to add warmth and match my body up to my face when i am on holiday. The answeer - yes!!!! I will be fine as this bronzer is a few shades darker than my own skin tone with no muddiness or orange so buffing it all over gives me a tanned appearance! this will be perfect on my holiday over the tinted moisturiser i am currently using!!

So happy as this is saving me about 33 pounds! But the key is definitely applying with a good quality bronzer brush x

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this matte bronzer.....it is my HG bronzer that I will never be without and use daily for my natural makeup as well as my night makeup. I use this to contour my NC35 skin and it looks natural without leaving an orange/muddy unnatural color on my skin. I love the chocolate smell it emits and the ease of building up the product and blending. Since using this bronzer I have also purchased the other Too Faced bronzers and Sun Bunny is another favorite of mine during the warmer months since it adds shimmer. I highly encourage everyone to try Too Faced products since they are a CRUELTY FREE brand and their bronzers are of high quality.
HG BRONZER!!!!

I first bought the small size of this bronzer from the sephora checkout line - it came in a box called Tan Without the Twinkle and a small brush. It was the best decision I made. I was looking for the perfect no shimmer contour product. I bought NARS Laguna and didn't like it - it was too shimmery IMO. And the NARS Casino was too dark (I'm an NC30). I tried the benefit hoola bronzer it it was too orange/yellow. So I was running out of options.. And then this came. It's amazing because it gives me that contour colour I'm looking for without making me look orange. I only need a tiny amount of product and it blends well. Just be light handed or else it can make you look like a disaster. It smells amazing too.

Best matte bronzer out there !!!! Perfect for contouring. The only downside is the price, still very pricey for a bronzer, but actually worth it. It's kind of ridiculous to pay 38$ CAD for a bronzer, but I never found a bronzer that compares to this one. It smells sooooo good and the texture is so smooth. I don't like shimmery bronzers, so this one is perfects for my needs. Will repurchase.

on 1/6/2014 8:38:00 AM

I really like this bronzer it's sooooo good for contouring and it smells absolutely amazing!!

on 1/5/2014 1:28:00 PM

I'm extremely picky when it comes to bronzers and this one is perfect. I really dont like products with too much shimmer, but I also like the matte look. Its easy to add a little bit of a shimmer with additional products but if the bronzer has shimmer its not like you can take it away.

It sits on your face very well. I've used with a primer and without one. It doesnt feel heavy, doesnt make me breakout (slightly oily sensitive skin in my later years). You really cant go wrong with this bronzer. I've tried their other products and dont love them but this is a sure HG.