Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

on 1/31/2014 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

So i got this a while ago and didn't really use it so it's been sat in my 'other' make up bag for a few months along with some of the other products i have not been using recently... So i dug it out a few weeksa go to give it a whirl and see if i can take this on my forthcoming holiday to add a bit of colour when i tan.

I have since realised that this is my new favourite bronzer! It is not orange/gold.. just a nice golden brown. I am currently NC30-35 and will tan to NC40. This is going to be perfect to swirl over my LM tinted moisturiser when i tan on holiday instead of having to purchase a darker colour tinted moisturiser! It is soft, silky and very easy to apply. I apply mine with a NARS 19 bronzer brush - this brush is amazing - and trust me the brush make a huge difference! When i am not tanned, like at the moment, i just use bronnzer to contour a little and this works a treat. However, in order to avoid having to purchase a darker tinted moisturiser when i tan, i have been swirling and buffing the bronzer all over my face - lightly - before i remove my make up to test whether it will be good enough to use all over to add warmth and match my body up to my face when i am on holiday. The answeer - yes!!!! I will be fine as this bronzer is a few shades darker than my own skin tone with no muddiness or orange so buffing it all over gives me a tanned appearance! this will be perfect on my holiday over the tinted moisturiser i am currently using!!

So happy as this is saving me about 33 pounds! But the key is definitely applying with a good quality bronzer brush x

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this matte bronzer.....it is my HG bronzer that I will never be without and use daily for my natural makeup as well as my night makeup. I use this to contour my NC35 skin and it looks natural without leaving an orange/muddy unnatural color on my skin. I love the chocolate smell it emits and the ease of building up the product and blending. Since using this bronzer I have also purchased the other Too Faced bronzers and Sun Bunny is another favorite of mine during the warmer months since it adds shimmer. I highly encourage everyone to try Too Faced products since they are a CRUELTY FREE brand and their bronzers are of high quality.
HG BRONZER!!!!

I first bought the small size of this bronzer from the sephora checkout line - it came in a box called Tan Without the Twinkle and a small brush. It was the best decision I made. I was looking for the perfect no shimmer contour product. I bought NARS Laguna and didn't like it - it was too shimmery IMO. And the NARS Casino was too dark (I'm an NC30). I tried the benefit hoola bronzer it it was too orange/yellow. So I was running out of options.. And then this came. It's amazing because it gives me that contour colour I'm looking for without making me look orange. I only need a tiny amount of product and it blends well. Just be light handed or else it can make you look like a disaster. It smells amazing too.

Best matte bronzer out there !!!! Perfect for contouring. The only downside is the price, still very pricey for a bronzer, but actually worth it. It's kind of ridiculous to pay 38$ CAD for a bronzer, but I never found a bronzer that compares to this one. It smells sooooo good and the texture is so smooth. I don't like shimmery bronzers, so this one is perfects for my needs. Will repurchase.

on 1/6/2014 8:38:00 AM

I really like this bronzer it's sooooo good for contouring and it smells absolutely amazing!!

on 1/5/2014 1:28:00 PM

I'm extremely picky when it comes to bronzers and this one is perfect. I really dont like products with too much shimmer, but I also like the matte look. Its easy to add a little bit of a shimmer with additional products but if the bronzer has shimmer its not like you can take it away.

It sits on your face very well. I've used with a primer and without one. It doesnt feel heavy, doesnt make me breakout (slightly oily sensitive skin in my later years). You really cant go wrong with this bronzer. I've tried their other products and dont love them but this is a sure HG.

on 12/30/2013 3:41:00 PM

This bronzer is perfect! It doesn't give your face an orange undertone, it is great for contouring! It is also very pigmented, so this last a long time!

on 12/30/2013 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Perfect bronzer for contouring or a touch of color without sparkle. It is very soft & matte, no shimmer. It you want the dewy look, this is not the bronzer to use. The scent is scrumptious! Actually smells like chocolate. Will buy again.

i absolutely love this product, it's a nice matte bronzer that's not to orange. it's perfect for contouring and it stays on all day what more could you ask for?

on 11/18/2013 11:35:00 AM

I actually lucked out and when buying the too faced 2013 holiday pallet and a small try it set. I ended up with two of these in the darker formula. This is a great way to try this product before you buy the $$$ item.

I am a pretty big fan of both the wet and wild bronzers and NYC's sunny bronzer. I didn't get the milk Chocolate formula I was a little itmidated turned out a little light hand and a fuffly brush and this went on so smooth and beautiful. I Couture my cheek hollows hairline and chin with this and was VERY happy with the result.

Because this is a matte product I probably will continue to just use this as a conture and will use my wet and wild and NYC Sunny as bronzers. But it's a definite higher end do that will give you a beautiful conture. Oh and did I mention the smell??? If you love chocolate you can give yourself a smell fix while you are making up!