Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 NeutralHD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

3.2

on 2/12/2010 11:31:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this primer after reading a million rave reviews.
However, I didn't find it to be worth my money.
First of all, I didn't even see a difference with/without it on my face,
and my foundations melted off my face by the end of the day, regardless of whether i was wearing this primer or not.
So, whats the point?
Secondly, i found that WITH the primer, my face looked grosser by the end of the day than without, and actually got oilier.
I really like the gel consistency and the speed with which it dries on the face. However, it didn't do anything for me (other than make me look bad) and I will not be purchasing this product again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I recieved a travel sized version of this in The Best Of Makeup Forever set. This primer has a very creme-like consistancy and doesnt feel like I am slathering my pores with silicone. Imediately after applying i didn;t think that it was any different than Mac's 'prep and prime". I realized that after I had applied my foundation my dry skin looked a bit more moisturized and I was very happy! When I run out of my other primers I will invest the 32$ that it takes to look this fabulous every day!

on 1/17/2010 11:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have very oily skin and this primer keeps the oil away all day. It smells good and goes on smooth. I use mineral foundation and it works great with it. This is the best primer I've used so far.

on 1/14/2010 2:05:00 PM

I got this from the best of MUFE kit, and it's decent. It doesn't last all day for me (keep the oil at bay, prevent my makeup from sliding), but it does a good job for ~6 hours of the day. It feels like a nice smooth lotion when you put it on, and I actually like the smell (although I do enjoy the orange scent of NARS primer more). Maybe I'm putting too little on but it doesn't seem to hide fine lines/ shrink pores like it did for other people.

on 12/21/2009 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The are two things I look for in a primer - 1.) Will it control shine? 2.) Will it hold my make-up in place?

I stumbled upon this primer when it was given to me as a sample from Sephora. The sample provided an ample amount of the product I was able to use it daily for a month. It only took me one squirt to use on my entire face. The first thing I noticed about this primer is that it was very light and it absorbed quickly into my skin. It felt like a lotion on my face rather than a silicone like texture (think of Smashbox's Photofinish primer). I followed my normal make-up routine. After finishing my make-up and working for 8+ hours, I noticed that my face was not as oily and my make-up felt and looked like it did not shift or disappear. I knew instantly that this primer suits my needs.

For reference, I've used other primers in the past. I have used Smashbox's Photofinish and while the silicone texture felt nice on my face, oil surfaced on my skin after an hour or so of applying my make-up. I have also used MAC's Prep + Prime SPF 50, which I felt was in between a silicone and lotion like texture, but it left me a greasy feeling on my face. I have also used Givenchy's Mister Mat primer which was okay, but the fragrance it had was a little too off putting for me. I hope this review helps out!

on 12/18/2009 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Not a fan of this. I LOVE Makeup Forever products, but this primer didn't do anything special for me. It is light weight, but that's it. Didn't hide pores/lines or control oil. I do love All Mat primer by mufe (my hg primer!)

on 12/13/2009 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this primer because it is light and silky. It doesnt feel like silicone. It feels like a lotion. It's not heavy and it has an amazing texture . I haven't noticed if the foundation stays on for a longer time but I love the way my foundation sets. I think I ll repurchase it. :-)

on 10/18/2009 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this primer, but I really don't see why I should be repurchasing this because I don't feel that it physically held your makeup onto your face. It's just the psychologically you think that you have a primer on then my makeup won't budge. (IMO) It's quite pricey for a primer also, but being that it's from MUFE, there's no more say.

on 9/20/2009 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

actually it felt like the Fair & lovely cream, the same scent, consistancy and everything ...
nothin special about it

on 9/8/2009 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

So after Trying gosh primer and that being a big FAIL i tried this, Hoping it would live up to all the hype.... And im sorry to say it didnt. It was a bigger FAIL than gosh it did noting at all . i wouldnt recomment it to anyone with oily skin.