Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)
AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

4.3

on 3/29/2011 10:58:00 PM

Started w/ the Treatment product, thanks to MUAers, because I was getting a new 'underneath' pimple on my chin every day for a few months in a row. Treatment worked wonders. So, my routine was Treatment for breakout and a combo of Obagi Clear and a Retanoid to fade sun damage and scars. Result was a whole bunch of crepe paper skin - but I figured that was my only choice since I had to treat the acne and spots. And heavy moisturizers break me out. Meanwhile, sister was enjoying acne.org's AHA that I picked up for her as a replacement for Paula's Choice 1% or Paula's AHA (we've tried both). I figured I didn't need the AHA since I thought Obagi/Retanoid was making me peel a good deal. Uh, wrongo. I placed an order for acne.org's AHA and in two days, the crepe paper texture and appearance has decreased. And, bonus, the AHA product is quite moisturizing. Thank you, Dan, for another great product. Now, I'm just hoping Dan produces this in the bigger pump bottle - yes, we would pay $40+ for the 16 oz size.

on 3/15/2011 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Love love love! I could not be happier with this product. I am about to order my 4th tube. I have very sensitive skin and am able to use this AHA without irritation! Great stuff.
I also use it on my body. I get breakouts on my back and chest so I use this nightly on those areas. I also use it occasionally on my legs when I'm getting a lot of clogged pores.
My only complaint is I need a bigger bottle! Lol.

My mom loves this stuff too.

on 2/27/2011 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is freaking fantastic. I still battle acne in my mid thirties, and most of the drying-type products are just too harsh for my skin these days. This treatment, along with a benzoyl peroxide facial wash, has reduced my acne dramatically. It also speeds skin turnover so my skin looks younger and fresher than it has in a long time, and it seems to be evening out my skin tone and fading scars slowly over time. It's surprisingly gentle, compared to many of the acne products I've tried, and it makes a good moisturizer. I do find I can wear this under a mineral makeup without problems. I've been using this everyday for about a month, and I'm sold. I don't ever want to be without it again.

on 2/20/2011 12:39:00 AM

This stuff works great - I use it along with the acne.org cleanser and treatment. It makes my skin silky smooth.

Best of all - it's a great value. If you've priced AHA lotions at all, you'll know that most lotions don't offer such a high percentage of AHA (10%) at such a low price. Even the drug store brands charge about $15 per ounce for lower-strength AHA lotions.

I'm a big fan of all acne.org products.

on 2/17/2011 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this in place of my night time lotion. It's been 3 weeks and my skin has changed so much. I can honestly say that I now know what will work on my weird skin. I have oily sensitive combo skin and this works so well for me. It's a little scary at first because it does sting for a few seconds after you apply but it's ok don't worry, it's just a sign that it's working. This acts as a over night exfoliator. The acid basically takes away a thin layer of skin overnight which speeds up cell turnover which means faster healing process and scar fading.

FYI: Make sure to wash your hands afterwards. If any of the lotion comes in contact with your eyes it stings a little.

Overall, a GREAT product!!! I will continue to buy:)

on 1/21/2011 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I've used this product for 6 months now and it does a great job at minimizing my acne. I use it daily with Acne.org's Treatment. Together, they're the most effective products I've found thus far for controlling acne and I've already recommended them to many of my friends.

Pro:
-Doesn't dry out my skin, and surprisingly provides sufficient moisture
-Cheap
-Very effective

Con:
-Felt stinging sensation when I first started using the product

on 12/31/2010 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. I have very dry skin with large pores, and this stuff makes my skin look smoother, clearer and more even. My skin glows whenever I use this.

My only real complaint is that I can't wear it under make-up, it balls up whenever I try to put foundation on over it.

on 11/21/2010 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This worked! I used it on my chest, upper back and buttocks where I would get the pesky blocked pores and pimples (nothing like the acne which was sometimes cystic that I had at the time on my face). It would really help clear up the areas. Of course I relented from using any other products in these areas. In hindsight, I'm pretty sure the blocked pores and pimples were caused by Palmer's cocoa butter. I have extremely sensitive skin that so far I have not found a product for every day or even occasional use that it tolerates. Having the most sucess leaving products alone. Facial skin really decongesting!!!
May come back to in the future. I am really learning from many sources about the skin and products. AHA seems to be more at one with the skin that BHA/bp/sacylic acid. My personal experience backs this 100%.

on 11/18/2010 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this product for 2 weeks now. I will update every one at 4 weeks and so on. I have to say that I have used a lot of products from drugstore to high end. Some of Olay and Roc worked for me but not all. Also my skin would be calm for a week and then errupt in acne. Throughout the years, I have had acne problems and I am guilty of touching my skin and picking my pimples way too often. As a result my skin had different skin flaws. No peeling or mask helped. Within two weeks of using this product only at night, my skin is gradually becoming normal. My face is not as oily but not dry. My pores are not as big. I can see that the old scars fade more quickly and no wrinkles. Even the deep laugh lines have minimized. So far, this is the greatest product that I have tried. UPDATE: I have been using this for a month and one-half now and I love it. I apply it once at night. I just started incorprorating the Treatment from Acne.Org and my skin has never looked better. I am a very happy customer and intend to use these products for the rest of my llife.

on 11/16/2010 11:42:00 AM

This product works. It stings but it works to exfoliate my skin, reduce appearance of scarring, and get rid of any flakies. But i cannot use it consistently because it stings and makes my skin itch for the first few mins i put it on, then it goes away.