Almay smart shade

Almay smart shade
smart shadesmart shade

2.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%)Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Alcohol Denatured, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Alumina, Boron Nitrate, Galactoarabinan, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Grape), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Tauramide, Cycloheptasiloxane, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Talc, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 3/6/2010 12:26:00 PM

Omg, I don't know why this has such bad ratings! I find this to be the best for my skin (oily skin that is) It does not dry me out & it makes me look flawless through out the day. I use this only in the spring/summer because it is expensive to use it all year long. It lasts me a 3 weeks to a month (if using it everyday) I think this is a great thing to wear if you have oily skin because it sucks up the oil (if I can say that haha) & hides big pores! Great thing too, it doesn't clog your pores (well doesn't for me cause I haven't had a break-out or a pimple from this) & it washes off very easily. I wish it was cheaper for the small tube but theres always sales so I do get a lot when it does. If you have oily skin & want a good foundation, this is for you.

on 3/5/2010 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the packaging. I like the blendability, and I like that I got it for two bucks in a warehouse sale. That's about it, really--it doesn't conceal at all! If you put a thin layer on, it matches pretty well, but if you try to put on another one (because the first one doesn't change anything!), it sort of goes a little orange. Didn't like it at all.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The packaging is great. I love the squeeze tube. The problem is that is all I love about this product. It doesn't have a great coverage and the light shade comes out kinda medium. I also have to really shake the tube a lot because it gets oily and separates. I was very disappointed by this. I know it is a drug store brand, but I expected something a little bit better.

Blends in very well but has little coverage

on 2/12/2010 10:27:00 PM

The packaging for this was amazing and convenient; a simple, easy to use tube. I also got a great deal as far as price goes, only 8.99Cnd. But unfortunately, this did not match my very fair skin tone. The first time I put it on, it seemed great! It had the best coverage I'd ever seen and it went on smoothly. However, I do my makeup in my room in the basement and the lighting isn't ideal. So, I went upstairs happy about this concealer when I caught my reflection in the mirror and was horrified! Under my eyes it was orange, orange, orange! I was so distraught but this concealer failed to match my fair, ivory skin color.

on 2/12/2010 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I like that it covers but it's not thick. It's also has a pink color to it giving a bit of a brightening effect, but very subtle. It's a thin consistency and I love the tube. I was so pleasantly surprised at how much I LOVED this product!

on 1/3/2010 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I had never used a smart shade product before this, and I never will again. I would give it a 0 if I could.
I am very pale, and no matter how I apply it it turns orange. I thought it was the skin on my fingers messing up the colour somehow before I put it on my face. So I tried a brush, same result. I tried a sponge, still orange. Besides the horrible colour, it stings when I try it under my eyes. Don't waste your money on this stuff.

on 12/26/2009 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

It's true this will not cover major breakouts. Nevertheless I love it as I discovered quite by accident that this is HG primer. I use several different foundations and they are all stayproof gorgeous thru the day over a light layer of this. Already stockpiling just in case. EDIT 11/19/2010: Still loving this. Edit 1-17-2015: ugh what happened? New formulation? An awful separating mess.

on 12/18/2009 10:47:00 AM

This made my skin break out, didn't cover the bruise at all and the second layer I added to cover the purple didn't match my skin tone but stayed a glowing white. I also don't like this dry-ish liquid texture--it's too hard to blend compared with the ones that come in a tube like a lipstick. A waste of money.

on 12/2/2009 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love how this concealer "matches" to your skin, I got this in light and it matches my skin perfectly! I only use this to cover my dark under eye circles though. It's so light and it blends so well into my skin. I just use my finger to blend it all out and it works like a dream. For blemishes I feel like it doesn't work as well. Maybe because it's so thin and water like? I have no idea how to describe it. So I took of 2 lippies for not being able to conceal blemishes, and I think that this does fade a little throughout the day. Despite this fact, I will repurchase this product again only because how amazing it works for underneath my eyes!