MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42

MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

For starters, I am NC35 in MAC Studio Fix and 114MF-N in Clinique Perfectly Real

I ordered number 23 since I figured I would play it safe. It does go on gray, then oxidizes and it matches pretty close, but since i have a slight yellow/olive undertone i felt it was a bit too light for me. I've just recently been mixing with Garnier medium/deep for some more vibrancy.

Consistency: Medium thickness with medium to full coverage as it's very buildable. You can thin it out with lotion for lighter consistency. Cool part is that it doesn't feel heavy, at least for me.

My face gets pretty oily throughout the day so I always apply a primer. This product stays on pretty well! I've used maybelline bb cream before and it would come off in slight patches around my forehead, nose and cheeks.

I have to say I enjoy this product and will purchase No. 27 shortly to see how that color matches up.

PS. This product contains Arbutin which is a known skin lightening agent (I think it's in there more to even skin-tone than to seriously bleach your skin but I've just started using it so I'm not sure) and mineral oil, which can cause breakouts.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Great bb cream! I use No 23 shade. When it first comes out of the bottle, it's a bit off my colour but then it oxidizes and blends right in.

I love that there's SPF in it and even though I don't slather nearly enough on to use as sun-screen, it's good to know I'm at least a little bit protected because I often forgo the sunscreen when I'm strapped for time.

I was using this with a foundation brush but then realized it was too much for this product... now I use 2 spurts on my hands, rub them together then press it onto anywhere I feel like I need a bit more even-ness.

This product did not make me break out or adversely effect my skin etc.

So we're all on the outlook for cosmetics that can multi-task. In my case, I am always on the lookout for cosmetics with high SPF so I can eliminate the step of applying sunscreen prior to foundation.

I purchased this online in colour "21" as this seemed like the best match for my pale skin. It comes in an attractive tube and is quite thick in texture. Being a genuine BB cream, as in, one from Asia, I had quite high hopes for this. I applied it with my Beauty Blender and my very first reaction was that it did not apply easily. It is quite thick and the colour was strange and greyish. Whenever I applied my Revlon BB cream, it made my skin look healthy and dewy. The Missha BB just looked heavy and mask like.

I was really disappointed in this. I just don't seem to have any luck with the Missha range of cosmetics.

on 12/27/2015 12:24:00 AM

Okay, so I had hope for this after purchasing it off of Amazon for ~$12USD on a whim, going off of the generally good reviews the product had. It wears pretty nicely, and as long as you don't apply too much, the product provides a beautiful no-makeup makeup look - it evens you out and covers minor discoloration, and smooths pores/skin texture (like a primer). It doesn't cover everything, so I just use concealer for any major spots if necessary. Love the SPF and how fool-proof this is, especially if you are in a rush to get ready.

On the downside, if you apply too much product (anything more than a dime's worth?) you end up looking a little plastic-y (IMHO) and for me, a tad grey, even after some oxidation.

The main reason why this is a no-go is that after about a week of testing this out, I have broken out in bumps/whiteheads on my cheeks, similar to when I first started using a MAC foundation (that I now think is discontinued).

If you aren't too sensitive to foundations/ingredients or acne-prone skin, check this out, because it is a great product... avoid if you have sensitive skin!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Soo sun protection, skincare, and makeup/foundation all in one? for a really affordable price? Made in Korea in which skincare is an obsession? This sounds like HG!

UNFORTUNATELY, NOT. A REALLY BIG NO.

I'll be frank, I really like Missha because their essence treatment really made a difference in my skin. Finally at the age of 27 I am free of acne, and the scars have diminished where I can confidently wear no makeup going outside. I took a leap of faith and purchased my first BB cream with this company in color No 27 (I am Asian. This has the most yellow undertone, but not a light color. Would match Nc30+) because who wouldn't want to wear makeup that would make your skin better?

Outcome: I wore this for 2 days and cystic acne e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e! nope not white heads or black heads (I wish it were those, those heal faster) but these are cystic acne that are trying to bulge from under your skin- big, red, & inflamed trying to come out like a zit. And it's not just 1, 2, or 3 acne. This is acne thats coming out from everywhere in patches! my skin hurts to be touched now.

Then it dawned on me...
-Have you ever applied thick sunblock where it has broken you out before?
- Have you ever had makeup that has broken you out before?
- Have you ever tried creams that contained fragrance that has broken you out before?
- Does mineral oil/baby oil ever break you out?

If any of the above has ever caused you acne, well imagine ALL 4 of the above combined in ONE tube!

For other ladies thinking about trying this, be cautious and think about what I mentioned above. There's too many things in this tube that can trigger breakout/rash. AND I DO NOT even have sensitive skin! I'm so upset because healing my skin and scars from this product is going to take over a year!

The only pros is that the packaging is wonderful (sanitary), the finish is dewy, and the price is great. The coverage is light, but can easily rub off even if set with powder..Still I don't care, I'm still running away from this stuff like a f*cking disease!

on 12/17/2015 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Brilliant! I mean really, it's such a mission impossible to find light enough shades of foundation or BB creams in Germany especially, and even the big Asian brands on the German market (Shiseido, Kanebo) don't offer the really light shades here, they are just not introduced to our market. This drove me crazy for years as I am veeeery fairskinned, and no foundation offered here fits my skintone - none. It's always orangy and I look like a lunatic carrot when I got the lightest shades on. The few brands offering light shades (like MAC for example) only have very yellowy shades that look ridiculous on me either.

So, now, thank goodness, there is a Missha flagstore in Germany, and I bought this BB cream in the lightes shade, No. 13/Milky Beige. And what can I say except perfect? One pump is enough for the whole face, it has good coverage,looks fresh and non.caky, it spreads easily and is especially good for dry skintypes like mine. It moisturises the whole day, and it gives my face a healthy glow I haven't experienced with any other makeup yet.
The package is very practical too, a hygenic pump system that doesn't let oxygen on the product.
For all the European girls and women with really fair skin - try this!

on 12/13/2015 11:04:00 PM

Very nice. One pump is enough for my face and a little down the middle of my neck. It starts off neutral, almost grey and then changes to skin tone.

This is my 4th bottle. Best bb cream ever (and I tried a LOT of BB's!)

on 11/1/2015 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this product in color #23 a while ago in a beauty box, but I can't remember which one. I'm really really fair, and on the rosy side, but in a weird way this product matched my skin tone. At first, you'll freak out when applying it because it will go on ashy, like mud, and you'll feel like you're slathering mud on your face, but as your rub it it, it'll look like your skin after a while.

When I first tried this product, I thought it was great. The color match was great, and the coverage is great too. However, after a while, I realized that it felt soooooo heavy on my face, and really greasy. It's also shiny if you don't set it on your face with your setting powder, and after a while it start to rub off in patches, like under and around the nose, or on the cheeks.

I also see a lot of transfer on a t-shirt if I press my face on my BF t-shirt.

All-in-all, this might be a great product, but not for me, althought I really like the pump.

Try samples sent to me from Missha US site in shade 21, 23, and 27. Shade 27 definitely matches me the best, but somehow at the end of the day, I can see some white powdery residue on top of my cheek. I don't feel that this BB cream is very moisturizing using alone, without moisturizer step before it. So, if I have to use moisturizer before, I may as well go with a lightweight foundation and get the flawless look. It certainly defeats the purpose of a BB cream. It also has a very strong perfume smell, like an old lady smell.

Will not purchase it. Not for me.