Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 12/30/2014 3:18:00 PM

I was using the regular formula which work for me but as I have oily skin I wanted to try this one. It applies just like the reg formula but the oil control didn't quite live up to the name. I had to blot at the same time I did for the other one. I also had to go up a colour since my colour didn't not come in the matte 220 vs 210. I will finish my reg formula and use this in the summer when my skin is tanner.

My skin:
I have combination skin. My t-zone and cheeks are oily. My chin and cupid's bow (above the lip) tend to be a bit dry. The rest is normal. The pores on my cheeks are like orange rinds. Yet for some odd reason most liquid, cream, whipped, and mousse foundations react to my skin as if it's dry. Aka cake city. Very frustrating because I exfoliate once a week and moisturize like crazy.

My skin is a hair lighter than NC20. I have olive undertones and tend to pick yellow foundations because they neutralize the pink in my face (while my body is olive).

The foundation:
Pink. Holy cow is this pink. I first bought it in 120 Classic Ivory and oh many was this stuff bright pink on me. I went back in and bought 112 Natural Ivory which is better. It still leans pink but not nearly as bad as 120. I'd say 110 Porcelain is a good match for those who are a NC15. I was sad that was too light as oddly enough the undertones for 110 wasn't pink. Kind of frustrating and I'd wish that Maybelline would take on what L'Oreal has done for the True Match. Yellow and olive skin needs love too drugstore brands!

As for coverage I'd say this is a pretty good medium. I'm not quite sure I'd say full. Redness around my nose peeked through and I had to conceal that. But the redness of my cheeks were gone. I had to use a concealer to hide a pimple. The orange rind skin on my cheeks were pretty blurred more so than most products. The only thing that has hid my pores more is the L'Oreal Paris Magic Perfecting Base but that causes pimples. I'm not sure if this will give me acne but I update my reviews in time.

This product has a very natural finish that leans satin but isn't matte. I didn't buy the powder unfortunately (wish I did but I'm broke). I haven't been able to test the durability and how long this foundation lasts on my skin. Wearing it at home showed I got a little oily and might need to powder. So you might need the powder with this if you're extremely oily.

This product barely caked on me compared to other liquid foundations. Again I haven't fully tested it out. For those sensitive to smells, this does have a scent to it FYI.

Over all I like it so far. Wearing it for the next week or so will truly put it to the test to see if I love it as much as my initial test.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just picked this up a couple days ago at CVS for $8-9. So I have been wearing this foundation for two days now. I am currently located in SoCal so the weather is about in the 60s-70s. It's not too hot or anything. I have EXTREMELY oily skin, so I really wanted to try this. This does not keep me matte for more than a couple hours, although I am not an oil slick, it gives me a dewy finish, which some girls might like. However, after 6-8 hours, I look pretty shiny. I feel like the shinyness can be combated with a powder or just plain blotting. The foundation does stay on for a while without transferring. I like the consistency of the foundation and how light weight it is. I also like how yellow-toned it is. I am NC25 in MAC and I picked up Classic Ivory. I will update more later..

Edit: Okay so I have been wearing for more than a few days and I would not recommend this for extremely oily skinned girls who cannot blot at least every 2 hours. I've noticed today that after 4-5 hours, I was really SHINY. And the weather is about in the 60-70s. Overall, I like everything but the oil control.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I picked up this foundation a few days ago. Being an oily skinned girl, the word "matte" caught my eye and the price was good ($5.99 at my Target); being without foundation I got it. The first time I used it, I applied it with my fingers and without primer...to put it to the test. I was surprised that it did make my pores appear smaller while wearing and that it kept me reasonably matte (I say reasonably because nothing has kept me completely matte) during the day. I did not set it with a powder either. I would apply it to small areas of the face and blend because this sets pretty fast instead of dotting around the face first. Also, I was pleased to discover that the shade "Porcelain" (lightest shade) was a close match to my skin...only a tiny bit darker but not noticeable. It's nice not to have to add in white foundation before I can put something on for once.

***Update*** I
I've discovered that the only way that I can wear this foundation is if I apply it with my fingers. I don't know if it's the foundation or my skin, but application with brushes (tried with elf's Powder brush, Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, & Sonia Kashuk's flat top multipurpose brush) or sponges (regular wedge shaped and beauty blender) is produces an odd texture on my face. I have very oily skin, but this product manages to look patchy and flaky on me with all of those applications. So fingers over a moisturizer, sunscreen or primer it is for this lady. Due that, I've adjusted my previous ratings.

Very natural looking foundation and I like the shades not having pink undertones. I bought the lightest shade number 110 and was surprised find it was a little bit pale for me I might try number 112. I used the matching powder that came with this. To apply, I used my bare minerals liquid foundation brush. This foundation sets fairly quickly so I recommend doing each part of your face one step at a time. It has been 4 hours since application and I am very pleased. Starts out matte but then fades to a dewy finish. I have quite oily skin so I am happy with this foundation.
Honestly the only reason I didn't give it five lippies is because I try to reserve 5 for absolute HG products and I haven't been using it long enough to know yet.

*update: it's just ok. Makes my skin look too white and cakes, maybe it's the shade but.. Not an HG. But still a decent choice if u can find a shade match.