Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 2/1/2015 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I did not like this at all. I like a more dewy texture, and this was very dry. It almost dried to a powdery finish. It also accentuated any lines I had on my face. Plus, since this doesn't have a pump, I ended up wasting a lot of the product. I think I'll stick with my MAC Face and Body Foundation.

on 2/1/2015 1:22:00 PM

To start off with, as a person who has tried many foundations in her life and got no positive feedbacks from it, this is simply my holy grail product. I've been using it for a while now and I can surely say that I did not break out (and yes I have acne issues as my skin is too sensitive), the foundation does refine the look of my pores, I noticed a little bit of oiliness around my T-zone area at the end of the day, it has a medium coverage depending on how you apply it and most importantly it looks as if I have a second skin on. Simply, flawless! I think the only disadvantage is the colour choices.. So to compensate this problem I bought two shades of this product and I mix them together to get the same colour as my skin. I would definitely repurchase this product. A total must have!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Totally impressed by this. I hated the original Fit Me formula because it was greasy, it smelled, and I had trouble finding a good color match.

However, when I saw this at my Target I was intrigued by the matte + poreless claims. It definitely does what it says. It minimized my pores (even without the use of a primer!) and left a semi-matte (not totally matte) finish, in my opinion. As for the coverage, it is definitely build able without getting too cakey and covers most of my acne scars with 2-3 layers. For heavier/fuller coverage, I would still need to use concealer.

I use a real techniques expert face brush to apply this and stipple/blend it in and I set with powder. Overall, a great every day foundation to even out my skin tone, flexible coverage and great price!

on 1/29/2015 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have incredibly oily, acne prone skin, but I occasionally have dry spots, so finding the right foundation for me is difficult for me. This foundation was NOT for me. It didn't do too well controlling my out of control oiliness, and made my dry spots obvious. The price is reasonable, but I will not be repurchasing this.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Wow, I am seriously impressed with this foundation! I like the coverage of the og fit me but I got way too greasy. The new matte and poreless version has the same great color match formula as well as the lightweight medium coverage. This foundation makes my skin look almost flawless and keeps me matte for around 5 hours then I blot my nose. I'm a colorstay girl usually but this holds up just as well for half the price. I'll do this for everyday and the color stay for night out as it is fuller coverage. Love!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am loving the matte + poreless version of the Fit Me line.
I use it in the shade 110 porcelain. The color match for me is almost perfect!
I use a damp real techniques complexion sponge to blend. It finishes matte, but not dry or cakey.
It's medium coverage/buildable, but can also be sheered out for a lighter coverage.
Looks great in photos!
These foundations feel so light on, sometimes I forget I have a full face of makeup on while wearing them.
I still powder my forehead with this and use a nyx dewy setting spray.
The price is fair, if you are in between shades buying two bottles won't break you and you'll be able to blend them easily.
I have mixed the original version with this version just to experiment with the finish.
I've never broken out from using this line. It doesn't have a strong scent at all. It agreed with my sensitive skin.
My only complaint is not having a pump! The dump and pour method can be a bit messy at times.
Overall gold star. 🌟You go Glen Coco!

on 1/25/2015 7:11:00 PM

I purchased this in 110. I previously tried the original and it was way too greasy for me.

Pros

Good coverage - medium
Price is very low
At first, it looks really good but as the day goes on it becomes patchy.

Cons

Doesn't last all day
Settles into my pores

on 1/24/2015 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Not as great as it claims
Oily after few hours
Stays matte with the powder
Covers acne scars well with two layers

This and Neutrogena are by far my FAVORITE budget foundations. I love the matte because it covers any imperfections flawlessly. I have incredibly pale skin and little to no acne, but there are a few light facial scars that I like to cover. It doesn't cake on or settle in creases, and a little bit goes a long way. Don't go overboard!

on 1/23/2015 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was super excited to see that it was a matte formula (since the original version was a greasy mess for my skin). I got this in the lightest shade available, which is 110 Porcelain. It's slightly more yellow-toned than my natural skin color but isn't bad enough to make it unwearable.

Price: I think this is one of the most inexpensive foundations I've found at the drugstore. Ranging from about 5-8 dollars, I think the price is more than reasonable. Although it will be more if you buy the accompanying powder with it, I think it's more than worth it.

Packaging: The packaging is the same as the original FIT Me! liquid foundation: A squared glass bottle and black plastic screw-on top. The only difference is the label. Like the original, this foundation doesn't have a pump, but the consistency is thick enough to where you can control how much product comes out slightly better.

Scent: It has a slight foundation/chemical-y scent when you open the bottle and actually smell it, but I don't find that I can smell it at all while I'm applying it or after it sets.

Application: This foundation is super easy to apply. I use a flat-top synthetic brush to apply most of my liquid foundations and this one was no exception. Although it doesn't make pores completely disappear, it blends flawlessly and leaves the skin looking smooth. I would recommend moisturizing really well and using a primer with this foundation, though, because the it somethings can cling to any dry or textured patches of skin.

Coverage: For me, I found that this foundation provided a medium coverage. I have a lot of acne scarring on my cheeks and I still had to apply a light concealer underneath the foundation to get the full coverage I like. It does cover redness really well and it somewhat covers dark circles without getting too cakey or crease around my eyes.

Longevity: I always set my foundations with a powder because I have oily skin. I don't usually get super oily to where my makeup starts to break down and wear away but I do experience that with this foundation around my nose. After about 4-5 hours of wear, my nose starts to look oily. If I don't use anything to blot off the oil, after about 8 hours the foundation will have worn off around my nose and it will look almost wet because of the oil. I also found that if I tried to touch up that area with the FIT Me! Matte + Poreless powder foundation, it gets cakey. I would recommend if you're going to touch up with powder, use a loose mattifying powder.

Overall: This foundation has easily become one of my favorites. The touching up/blotting after 4-5 hours is not a big deal for me and I love the texture and finish so much that I can live with it. The price makes this even more appealing and although it doesn't come with a pump, I'll take the cheaper price over the better packaging.