Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 3/22/2015 8:30:00 PM

I absolutely hate this one! In the words of Cher Horowitz from "Clueless", it makes you look like a "full-on Monet - from far away, it's OK, but up close it's a big old mess!"

Pros:
NONE... there is nothing I like about this one!

Cons:
I am not sure whether it's something about the formula itself, but it dries horribly. It settles into all the fine lines and makes them look WAY worse. And on the areas where you don't have lines, the foundation itself cracks, creating a lot of lines. When you look at your face from up close, it looks like an old cracked oil painting. It also clings to any of the dry patches you may have.
Overall, not very easy to blend, because the formula dries and clings.
I have an oily T-zone, and this foundation does nothing to control oil or minimize pores. In fact, it settles into pores. Within a few hours, my nose looks like an oil slick.
The packaging has no pump, but that is pretty common with the drugstore foundations.
The coverage is not that great. If you have redness and blemishes to cover up, you will have to cake this one on.

Overall, I am really disappointed. I was excited to try this one, and it was a major letdown. I don't know who it will work for - it's not good for dry skin (it's not meant for this skin type anyway, but when my sister wore it, she said it felt like a mask and she could not wait to take it off), doesn't really work for combo or oily skin, horrible for mature skin (I tried it on my 66 year old mother and she looked like Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn at the end of "Death Becomes Her").

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff. Perfect coverage, matches my skin tone perfectly, and their is no oil! So glad I tried it!

At first I loved it.... Within a few days of wearing this though, my skin broke out (which does not happen often with me) and the coverage was patchy and I'm pretty sure my pores looked larger. Dang it. I will be returning and going back to my true match lumi

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation is average at best. I don't hate it but it's nothing to write home about. The biggest problem I had with the regular Fit Me (dewy) foundation, and Maybelline in general, is that it oxidizes on my NC25 skin. I am yellow but more on neutral side. I find Maybelline runs too pink and when they do cater to yellow skin tones, it oxidizes. Unfortunately within a few hours, my face is orange. I even made sure to go with the lighter shade in this foundation in Nude Beige (I believe) and I am usually in the "Natural Beige" family. I think this is a great everyday foundation and I do like that it doesn't cake up or emphasize texture/dry patches on my face but overall, I was underwhelmed by the performance of this foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product was meh. I have oily combination skin and this foundation was doable but it wasn't outstanding. I liked that it wasn't very cakey or anything, but the product was weird. First of all, it has a very strong chemical smell. Another thing is it doesn't go well with concealer sticks at all. When I put my concealer over top of this foundation, you couldn't blend it or anything. Also, the foundation claims to be for oily skin, but it rubs off even with a powder.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

Looks great upon initial application, but looks dry and accentuates fine lines and pores shortly after. The fifth ingredient listed is alcohol and I assume this is the culprit. Anything with alcohol tends to sit poorly on my skin. Really wanted to like it but it looks pretty bad. Will be returning. Also, I experimented with different moisturizers and primers but regardless of what I used I got the same dry and cakey result.

on 3/17/2015 12:33:00 PM

horrible choices of shades .. looked awful on my skin literally formed a pimple on my cheek while I was wearing it and I never get them on my cheeks. I will definitely not buy this again or recommend it.

I loved this product at first, I enjoyed the texture and color match. But the next morning, my face was covered in breakouts! I do not recommend this foundation!

on 3/15/2015 4:24:00 AM

I have combo to oily skin and this foundation keeps me matte for a long period of time. I also notice that it doesnt cling onto my pores or make them any more noticeable. It also doesnt break me out which is a huge plus. I tried using the real technique expert face brush but the coverage was too heavy for my liking. In my opinion, a wet sponge is the way to go if you want a natural finish. Even with a sponge, you would still get a medium coverage. Some youtubers said that it dries pretty quickly but I dont notice that when using a wet sponge. I would have to blot once throughout the day but it keeps my skin pretty matte for a good few hours. I wish it would come with a pump because a majority of the time, I pour too much and its not sanitary to put it back into the bottle. The consistency is creamy so you wouldve to shake it a few times. Cant really control how much youre pouring out. However, the finish and coverage make up for it. I now use it as an everyday foundation :)

I came upon this foundation by accident and seeing tat it was for combo?oily skin I got sucked right in. I am in the color 128(warm nude). and let me tell you I love love love the color it was a perfect fit. I apply it with a sponge and didn't set it with powder since I want to see it;'s true lasting power. I can tell you that it is an "okay", but especially after take a quick nap after school I would wake up to a face of grease and oil (YUK!) and than I would wash my face right away. I've had it for at least a couple of weeks, say three. and I will use it up but probably not get another one. If your have skin is not that oily than this foundation be great for that "everyday natural look".

P.S.--- From someone who needs quite heavy duty coverage this foundation was lacking in that department
^,^