Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.7

100 silica

This is a great powder. It's super finely milled, so you won't end up looking as if you'd actually used powder. It does a good job on setting MU and although it's white in color, I haven't noticed it interferring with my MU color. It mattifies without drying (I have combo skin with a shiny T zone, for reference).

My only complaint is the jar. I get powder everywhere whenever I use this. But that won't prevent me from rebuying when I run out, Should take a while, cause I only use in the mornings (the container is super travel unfriendly, so I can't carry it in my purse) and a little goes a long way,

I love to sorta pack my powder brush, then dab the powder onto my face, let it sit for a min and then, with the same powder brush, brush off any excess.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The most amazing loose powder I have ever used, andd I have used many! From Nars (which is my 2nd favorite) to YSL, this is unlike any other. The texture is pure silk. It gives a natural soft focus look to your skin, just like they advertise it. I've never quite seen anything like it. I use the MUFE Mat Velvet Plus foundation with this, and people compliment my skin every day. Definitely my HG.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I just got this in a nice travel size from Sephora Frequent Buyer's program because it sounded great -- and I'm happy to say it just might be simply amazing. I've been looking for a sheer foundation for the Spring/Summer here in Los Angeles, as our weather is very demanding and I need totally dif stuff for our two seasons (yes, two).

Sephora's website says that this one shade fits all translucent powder is pure silica, which is chemically very benign and neutral. It really does diffuse light and make my complexion look lovely and soft, without any foundation. I just use it over my moisturizer, and it's smooth smooth smooth. I'll have to go back and investigate the full size and the complete ingredients, but for 5 days or so, I"ve been loving this!

I got to try this through the Sephora Beauty Insider program and while I didn't expect to like it (it's a little jar of white powder, so it didn't look terribly fancy), I'm impressed enough to think about purchasing the full sized product for $30 once it's available. I've got very sensitive, finicky skin that's fair and slightly pinkish toned with visible pores on my cheeks and nose that I can't seem to get rid of.

I paid $16 for the trial size of Smashbox's Photo Finish once before, but the product was waaaay too greasy for my skin and didn't give any visible results. For others with similar skin to me, I think High Definition Powder could be a great alternative. I put on a very light layer of my Bare Escentuals Fair foundation, then pressed a tiny bit of the HD powder on top and could definitely see the 'soft focus' effect! And it seemed to stay around for a few hours, too.

I just picked this up today as a gift with my purchase from Sephora. It looks deceving because of it's white pigment, but it goes on very sheer. You have to use this sparingly or it could make you look ashy. The MA at the store emphasized that a little goes a long way. She was dead on. This little sample could last me weeks. I definitely will be buying a jar when I run out of this.

Absolutley fantastic powder. Is virtually undetectable and makes skin look smooth and great!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love, love, love this powder. It is absolutely the finest milled powder I have ever tried, and puts every other powder to shame. I think the only one that comes close is Chanel Cristalline powder.

The powder only comes in 1 shade. It looks stark white in the jar, but is completely invisible on the skin. The finish is matte, but not overly so. And it gives a very silky, almost slippery feel to the skin.

Price is a bit high, 25 (about $36) for 10g. But I suspect the price will be lower in the U.S. once it becomes available because all h/e makeup are cheaper in U.S. continued >>

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Beautiful powder, goes on soo silky that you don't even feel it, it literaly slips on the face. Leaves a somewhat matte look, but not flat, really a very nice product and worth every penny. It is a white powder in the jar, but goes on super sheer, if your getting a white face, you have picked up too much and/or are using the wrong kind of brush!

If you are looking to make your skin look like a perfect porcelain china doll, then this is it. It hides fine lines and mattifies without accentuating litttle lines. This is not easy to do! This stuff is so fine and smooth it would get lost in your powder brush, so I say don't even bother. Use a puff or your fingers to smooth it over your face-instantly evens out little bumps, makes your skn look perfect. It is very white, so for some it will give a white cast if you use too much. They should offer a tinted one for darker skinned ladies. But as for quality, this has it all. I think you will be very happy that you spent your money on this. I have 3 samples from my sephora purchases and when they are gone, I will be saving up for more. I will not be without this. It will be money well spent. can't say enough good things about this!

I got this product as a sample from Sephora. I thought, what the hey, I've been thinking about getting the invisible powder from MAC, why not try this one out since it's white, too. BOY, when I tried this out, it made my NC30 skin look CHALKY. I didn't really notice until I walked by a mirror and did a double take. It made my face look like a ghost. This product isn't for me, but luckily I got it as a sample.