MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.7

100 silica

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This stuff is AMAZING. I am a bit of a loose powder whore. I'm the last person on earth who needs to buy another loose powder when I already have a bunch sitting here at home to use. I have used Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil/Tinted Mineral Veil (too dense and just sits on top of the skin), Becca loose powder in Eggshell, Paula Dorf Colorless transluscent powder, Shiseido's, Sue Devitt's and even the other MUFE loose powders. While all great for setting makeup on the face, I still hadn't found a powder that was great for setting concealer under the eye. Even MUFE's which is quadruple milled and Becca's which was triple milled still looked heavy under the eye on top of concealer.

Now this stuff is a DREAM. Very light weight, feels like SILK, NO COLOR to distort or change the color of concealer/foundation, and its now my HG of setting powders. I work in the industry and have sold probably 8 of these in the past two days. I have used them on anyone from a caucasian 20 year old, to a late 50's caucasian woman with dark circles and crepy skin to a 20-something dark skinned woman with significant darkness in her orbital area (using the MUFE concealer palette in #4 for color correction). On EVERYONE the result was outstanding. I even dusted the African American gal all over with it and it looked like nothing on her skin. Her skin looked positively airbrushed.

I have to wonder though if you couldn't buy in bulk silica powder somewhere else. I wish the MUFE one was a bigger size, which is my only complaint. Can't wait to try this with the new HD foundation. Just buy it already. You won't be disappointed.

UPDATE 6/28/08: I removed a lippie only because I have to hold my breath when I'm dusting it on my face otherwise I inhale a bunch of it and its not very pleasant. The product is so micronized, I have to wonder what that might do to you from inhaling it over and over. I do still love it and it keeps my under eye concealer cemented and creasefree all day. I would still recommend it and I do still think it is the best one out there I've tried but keep your mouth closed and hold your breath when you apply it. If you dust it on with a brush, you get a really fine powder cloud around you and it makes me cough if I inhale any of it.

UPDATE 2009: I'm changing my "would you buy this product again" from "yes" to "no". Its not because I don't like the product its because its tremendously overpriced. Since learning the joys of Coastal Scents, I now know that I can purchase double-triple the amount of the CS Silica powder for less than the cost of the HD Powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This stuff is really awesome. It sets any liquid foundation and really works well with the Velvet + Matifying Foundation from the same line. I definitely recommend this, it feels lovely on the skin! Like you're not wearing any makeup! And it gets rid of any shine.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I really like this powder. It doesn't make me totally matte- just very airbrushed and even looking. It isn't sparkly so it doesn't give a "glowy" mineral makeup look, which I like. It's 100% silica- no talc or cornstarch. It didn't control my oil well, but I do have oily skin and wore it over a stick cream foundation, so it might just be my skin/makeup. A little goes a long way and the jar is big so it's worth the money. I finally found a good finishing powder that's free of shimmer, talc, cornstarch, and bismuth oxychloride!

I spent so much money at sephora that I earned enough points for a "free gift". *snorts* anyway, I chose this because its MUFE, right? Anyway, the cashier said is was a translucent powder.... not further explanation. I get home and tool around with it, anyway, I had just used Sephora's self-tanning mist about an hour earlier and my face looked and felt a tad greasy, so I applied this to my face and immediately it made my skin feel smooth, not at all sticky or greasy.
****
I'm guessing this is basically glorified baby powder, which I've never purchased. But this has NO baby powder smell to it! No smell at all really, which I love because I don't want my makeup to dictate how I smell.
****
Anyway, I'm not usually oily, but I live in the desert and I will be sweating everytime I get in my car this summer, I'm carrying this in my purse for sure.
****
I'll update if something horrible happens... but so far its great. Thank god for free sephora loot.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really like this loose powder, I'm not to sure how well it controls oil because I'm not extremely oily but I find that during the day it starts to look dewy but not oily. It is not drying at all and makes my skin look balanced and smooth to the touch. I've been using the deluxe sample from Sephora for almost three weeks now and still have enough to last me for a good two weeks.

This is a great powder. It's super finely milled, so you won't end up looking as if you'd actually used powder. It does a good job on setting MU and although it's white in color, I haven't noticed it interferring with my MU color. It mattifies without drying (I have combo skin with a shiny T zone, for reference).

My only complaint is the jar. I get powder everywhere whenever I use this. But that won't prevent me from rebuying when I run out, Should take a while, cause I only use in the mornings (the container is super travel unfriendly, so I can't carry it in my purse) and a little goes a long way,

I love to sorta pack my powder brush, then dab the powder onto my face, let it sit for a min and then, with the same powder brush, brush off any excess.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The most amazing loose powder I have ever used, andd I have used many! From Nars (which is my 2nd favorite) to YSL, this is unlike any other. The texture is pure silk. It gives a natural soft focus look to your skin, just like they advertise it. I've never quite seen anything like it. I use the MUFE Mat Velvet Plus foundation with this, and people compliment my skin every day. Definitely my HG.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I just got this in a nice travel size from Sephora Frequent Buyer's program because it sounded great -- and I'm happy to say it just might be simply amazing. I've been looking for a sheer foundation for the Spring/Summer here in Los Angeles, as our weather is very demanding and I need totally dif stuff for our two seasons (yes, two).

Sephora's website says that this one shade fits all translucent powder is pure silica, which is chemically very benign and neutral. It really does diffuse light and make my complexion look lovely and soft, without any foundation. I just use it over my moisturizer, and it's smooth smooth smooth. I'll have to go back and investigate the full size and the complete ingredients, but for 5 days or so, I"ve been loving this!

I just picked this up today as a gift with my purchase from Sephora. It looks deceving because of it's white pigment, but it goes on very sheer. You have to use this sparingly or it could make you look ashy. The MA at the store emphasized that a little goes a long way. She was dead on. This little sample could last me weeks. I definitely will be buying a jar when I run out of this.

I got to try this through the Sephora Beauty Insider program and while I didn't expect to like it (it's a little jar of white powder, so it didn't look terribly fancy), I'm impressed enough to think about purchasing the full sized product for $30 once it's available. I've got very sensitive, finicky skin that's fair and slightly pinkish toned with visible pores on my cheeks and nose that I can't seem to get rid of.

I paid $16 for the trial size of Smashbox's Photo Finish once before, but the product was waaaay too greasy for my skin and didn't give any visible results. For others with similar skin to me, I think High Definition Powder could be a great alternative. I put on a very light layer of my Bare Escentuals Fair foundation, then pressed a tiny bit of the HD powder on top and could definitely see the 'soft focus' effect! And it seemed to stay around for a few hours, too.