Escada Moon Sparkle

Escada Moon Sparkle
Moon Sparkle

on 7/12/2008 7:12:00 PM

Beautiful.

I could stop the review right there because there is really no other word to describe it. It is Escada's newest perfume and is the least fruity smelling out of their latest perfumes.

The bottle and box are just gorgeous too. I kept the box, and I will probably keep the bottle too when I am done with it. It has a shiny, easy to open cap and an easy to use sprayer. The glass bottle goes from navy to purple.

But oh, the smell. This is definitely one of my favorite perfumes. I like to wear it when I go to the beach with some friends. It's the perfect combination of salt water, sand, sweat, and the gorgeous scent of Escada. It just smells fresh and summer-y.

All my girlfriends love it. Whenever they come over they always put on a fair amount of sprays because they love it so much. The guys, however, some of them aren't fond of it. They think the concept of smelling like a fruitbasket is weird. They like it, they just think it's weird.

As for some complaints about the smell wearing away really quickly, I would have to disagree! Especially Moon Sparkle. I wouldhave to say that this scent stays on longer than the rest of the Escada perfumes. Keep in mind that your nose gets used to the smell after 15 minutes of smelling it. So you just might not smell it anymore because you're used to it. I find that if I put it on in the morning, it will be a littlw ron out by the evening and in need of a little refreshing but it will still be there.

on 7/6/2008 5:27:00 AM

This is an absolutely beautiful fragrance. I tried some on yesterday & fell in love instantly. It's a fruity floral fragrance, with sparkling strawberry and red apple notes. Top notes: strawberry, blackcurrant, citrus cocktail, red apple. Middle notes: sweet pea, freesia, jasmine, rose. Base notes: raspberry, musky notes, sandalwood, dry ambery notes

First off, let me get the negatives out the way. This has no staying power whatsoever. In the shop, I sprayed it twice on my neck, twice on my wrists & all over my t-shirt (I did this because I know how bad Escada fragrances are when it comes to lasting power!)...10 minutes later the smell had disappeared from my skin, & 15 minutes later, the smell had gone from my t-shirt. It really does get on my nerves, because it's such a nice fragrance & it's pretty expensive, but just doesn't last at all.

Anyway, onto the positives! If you love something fun, flirty, and utterly feminine, youll adore Moon Sparkle with its candy-fruity smell. I could distinctly smell the scent of fresh strawberries with the slight aromatic sweetness of apples as a lingering note. I really enjoy being able to catch the scent of the different notes used in the fragrance, because it means they did an accurate representation of their fragrance. If you prefer woodier/muskier fragrances, Moon Sparkle is not for you.

Also I have to add - after I sprayed the tester on in the shop, I went over to another shop to buy some shoes. There was a guy standing next to me, about 21 years old who tapped me on the shoulder & said "sorry to just spring this up on you like this...but you smell gorgeous" -- proves that not all guys are into the dark, mysterious scents after all!

I feel really sexy wearing this fragrance. It's light, feminine & flirty. Too bad about the staying power though...people have said this smells like Midnight Fantasy, so I may have to order a bottle of that & see if it works better for me. continued >>

I absolutely loved this at first, but I grew tired of it after awhile. It's a nice, fruity scent, but it has a sharp undertone that bothers me a little. Island Kiss from 2004 is still the best.

on 6/16/2008 6:57:00 PM

I recently received a couple of carded vial samples of this when I was visiting my mom in Florida (the ladies at Sephora know her well so they always give her free samples, lol.) I'd heard a couple of raves about this perfume beforehand, but I'm not really the type to splurge on perfumes unless I'm absolutely sure I'll like (and use) them.

That being said, I opened up a vial and dabbed a little on my pulse points and decided that I like this! :) The strongest note that I can smell is strawberry, and I think some days it might smell a bit too sweet for my liking, but I like it anyways. (I've been getting a little tired of my D&G Light Blue anyways since I've become so used to the smell that I can hardly smell it on me after a few minutes.)

***EDIT: I just want to say that I received a bottle of this as a gift and I'm really liking it! It is a lovely summer fragrance. I use this in rotation with my D&G Light Blue but I find that I'm reaching more for this sometimes. The initial spray is strong & sweet, but I find that as it wears down a bit, it becomes more fruity. As I mentioned before, the strawberry smells most dominant to me, but it's not really an artificial scent. Smells very fresh and fruity. :)

on 6/13/2008 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

oh my gosh! i totally love this!! am going to get a second bottle of it before it discontinues even though my current one is still 3-quarter filled! i love love love thissss!

on 6/12/2008 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok for any of you guys who like the escada scents, you have to go and buy the lotion version instead. Its such a great way to wear the fragrance, and i feel like it lasts longer. For going out its great to rub all over your arms chest and neck for a subtle but amazing scent!
i'm a big fan of the LE escada scents so i always go out and buy the new lotion once i've finished my old bottle. Definitely consider it... drives all the guys crazy! they love it!

I sprayed this on in the pharmacy and immediately it reminded me of something, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. I refused to buy it until I got home to find out what perfume I already had that smelt like it. MIDNIGHT FANTASY BRITNEY SPEARS!
The resemblance is uncanny. Glad I didnt buy it, for the price it was, I wasnt going to buy a Britney Spears dupe.

on 6/8/2008 10:25:00 PM

I am in love! This is my fave Escada LE in a long time. I wasn't fond of Sunset Heat at all, but Moon Sparkle blew me away. These scents are never long lasting, but I prefer that to a heavy, overpowering scent that can't be scrubbed off!! The perfect summer scent!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

mmmmmmm i love this fragrance!!!!! soo yummy=p

on 5/29/2008 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I read through a few of the reviews before I decided to post one of my own, and I agree. The scent just does NOT last. I mean, obviously if you are comparing it to an overpowering EDP like Chanel's Coco Madmoiselle (just an example!), you'll notice a MARGINAL difference in lasting power. But ah well. One reviewer wrote that the smell lasts MUCH longer if you combine it with the Moon Sparkle lotion. But come on! If I wanted an EDT + lotion combo, I'd run off to the Body Shop or Bath & Body Works! Theirs all do the same thing! And for a HUGE chunk off the price to boot!

But hey. If you're a fan of the LE (Limited Edition) Escadas, this is definitely a scent you want to try out. Fruity and sweet like its predecessors, this is a perfume that does NOT offend the nostrils of ANYONE nearby. It doesn't smell cheap (like a hit of Victoria's Secret Love Spell), but it doesn't smell too "expensive" either (no overpowering florals & chemical garbage!). It falls into a nice in-between where anyone walking by who catches a whiff will PROBABLY compliment you on your perfume choice.

It's a fairly weak scent and it fades within a short amount of time (so periodic reapplication with an atomizer is reccomended), but you don't want your perfume to stomp around like Godzilla and control you anyway! I'm a firm believer that perfumes should be subtle and sweet -- YOU wear the perfume, NOT the other way around. It's much more satisfying to have my boyfriend want to lean in close to smell me, or have a stranger wonder where that faint hint of fruity delight is coming from, rather than have them running away from being able to smell me so strongly from afar!

I wouldn't buy this again because I could probably get something just as effective at Victoria's Secret (their EDT Sweet Temptation is AMAZING). But I'm being biased because I've obviously found something better. So only four lippies because it doesn't have the lasting power I'd like it to! *Sigh*

Popular Fragrances