SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.5

on 8/18/2015 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't write as many negative reviews as I do positive, mostly because I'm more enthusiastic when sharing my experiences with products I truly love and enjoy using. But I had such a weird experience with this that I had to share.

Here's a rundown on my skin: normal, slightly dry during the winter or during allergy season, not acne prone at all, and I'm religious with sunscreen (I wear it every day, rain or shine) so it's pretty even in tone and I have no wrinkles yet. It's also extremely sensitive. Make that crazy sensitive. I'm leery of ever trying new skincare because of that, but wanted to try this because I wanted a gentle, brightening, and moisturizing product to add to my current routine. My skin doesn't tolerate any type of heavy product well, so thick creams or serums are out. I heard good things about this, and a close friend uses this with great results.

For reference, here's a list of the skincare products that I use regardless of any new additions:
AM:
Revive Skincare Gel Cleanser
Rodin Olio Lusso (2 drops patted into face and neck)
Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer
Radical Skincare Skin Perfecting Screen SPF30

PM:
Revive Skincare Gel Cleanser
NARS Skin Restorative Night Treatment
Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer

I started using this morning at night as a first step after cleansing. I used about half a teaspoon in the palm of my hand, then patted it into my skin. I followed with my Rodin face oil, and Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer. For the first few weeks I noticed a visible brightening and radiance in my skin, and my skin felt more moisturized and looked supple. Truly, I was impressed and thrilled. My bare skin had a beautiful glow that was getting noticed by other people. These results continued for about four more months, and I couldn't imagine not using it.

Then, at about the four month mark, I started getting tiny white pimples on my chin. As I said before, I'm not acne prone at all, and was shocked. I couldn't figure out what was causing this since I hadn't added new makeup or skincare to my routine at all. Being that I haven't had acne or blemishes since I was a teenager, I was so upset. It didn't go away for a couple weeks and I started to wonder if I was getting adult acne. Finally I started researching my current products more thoroughly and after reading similar experiences on MUA regarding this product, I took it out of my routine and stopped using it. Low and behold, a few days later my skin was back to normal, not a pimple in sight.

So all in all, it's strange to think that something can deliver such stellar results for a time then just pull a 180 and become awful for my skin. I'm never touching this stuff again, and I urge anyone with sensitive skin to be cautious when trying this. I haven't had such bad luck with a product in years. I ended up returning this to Nordstrom.

on 8/6/2015 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

First I tried this because the ratings kinda good and they said it can be applied for whatever skin type then I purchased this, but then it really makes my face horrible, I applied it just for one day and the day after that so many pimples on my face and my it dried my face skin. I asked some friends, they said maybe it just for the first time, and I applied it again everyday until approximately 3 months. But nothing has changed, pimples & redness everywhere.

on 7/20/2015 12:13:00 AM

Good product but just too expensive there are lots Of good toner equally good and just one tenth of the cost

Applying this product before moisturizer enables smoother make up application. Skin is visibly more translucent after 1 month of use

Once upon a time, this wreaked havoc on my face. Having first tried this aged 18, this did nothing but break me out and turned my combination-oily skin dry.

SK-II's FTE has got to be one of the most popular "miracle waters" around, with many other brands (notable Korean) following suit. My mum's been using SK-II products for over 10 years now, and I have a feeling this product would suit mature skin better, due to the high concentration of "pitera" in this product.

Back to my story. I tried it at 18, with a host of other SK-II products but only kept one - Repair C in my skincare regime. Fast forward 8 years later, I thought why not go back to it and see if my skin's "matured" enough to tolerate this supposedly wonderful essence almost everyone raves about?

I live in hot and humid Malaysia, which doesn't help my extremely reactive skin very much. Too much sun? I burn. Too hot? I get heat rash. After a long day out, I find applying a bit of this (a few drops on my palm, rub palms together and quickly pat onto skin helps take some heat off my face and redness is reduced.

As my skin tends to go slightly dry when using this everyday, I only use this 2-3 times a week and it works a treat! I don't have many blackheads and I do credit the FTE (and another wonderful makeup primer - RMK) for that! :p

If you have very sensitive skin like I do, please ask for a sample before purchasing a full-sized bottle as this isn't the cheapest product out there and it doesn't suit all skin types.

on 7/28/2015 8:20:00 AM

Does anybody even know what this product is supposed to be? Yeast water? I don't know. I've used this according to the instructions as a type of ' refreshing toner' and saw minimal change in my skin tone. Good marketing is about the only amazing thing I can say about this product

on 7/5/2015 3:41:00 AM

Started using this product 2 weeks ago. I personally did not see any significant changes to my skin except for a subtle glow about 4 days in. Got compliments on my skin from friends saying that my skin is glowing and in better condition. I took a closer look yesterday and compared some selfies I took from recent days with my old photos and noticed that there is a glow to my skin but apart from that, it didn't make my pores look smaller or totally got rid of my acne scars. I did not have bad skin to begin with which might explain the slight change. For the price, I don;'t know if it is worth buying it again. The results are not worth splurging on this product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This essence works better as I get older. I think it's one of those products you need to experiment with over time.

I was 18 when I tried this for the first time and while it did brighten my skin, it made it really dry too.

I gave it another shot when I turned 21. As expected, it made my skin glow, smooth and cleared a lot of acne scars. But it gave me a few random whiteheads on my cheeks and chin. I lasted a bottle.

I'm now 24 with hyperthyroid, hypo occasionally. Because of my hormones my face gets pale and dull easily. I'm allergic to makeup and even sunscreen. I recently switched my moisturiser from Clinique to Kiehl's. My skin is still supple but I look very sickly most of the time.

So 2 weeks ago I decided to give this essence a third try. I've been using it as a mask every night (applied on cotton pads- forehead, cheeks, chin, neck, décolletage). It's expensive but my boyfriend's returning in a month and I'm desperate.

For face: my face has been dewy since. Lightened scars, lighter dark circles and wrinkles, cleared up blemishes on jaw lines. I'm on my period and have less breakouts than the norm.

For body (décolletage mainly): I suffered from severe body acne for many years which weirdly recovered last year when I developed thyroid. I noticed earlier today the scars on my left shoulder and breasts have lightened. Reduced the occasional whiteheads I get.

It's expensive but it works fast if you're looking for a quick fix. I'm halfway through this bottle; I doubt I'm buying another one immediately. One bottle a month is insane.

It certainly causes whiteheads still but not as much as before. Now that I know how it reacts on me, I'm gonna let my skin rest for a bit and will give it another go when I'm ready.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have the worse skin breakout in my life after using this product. I have some friends who use this product and have an amazing skin as the result. Their skin is glowing. I buy thus product wishing the same resut. But turns out this product is a nightmare to me. Perhaps this product is just not for me.

on 5/6/2015 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the greatest product ever in my life. I have dry skin and uneven skin tone. The girls in family are all using this for the past years while I stick to only cleanser and other standard skincare products and continue having a bad skin. I tried this 2 months ago and it does magic! I feel so fresh and glowy eveytime after using it. My skin tone gets fairer and it gets more even than ever!! When I apply make up over it, my make up looks better and glowy. However, it does have a little smell when apply but will go away after a while. I've been complimented a lot of times and my friends started using them as well; all of them have skin improvements too!

I would totally suggest to purchase this product! It really does magic!