Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.7

on 8/17/2006 1:10:00 PM

I got this in the "Luminous Skin" combo package--in Translucent, I believe. Anyway, I think it's wonderful. I put some on when I got home, over the makeup that I was wearing, and remarked to my husband, "I look beautiful!" I just tip the container (it came in a tall cylindrical container in the combo pack) onto the brush, sweep it over my cheekbones, then over the rest of my face, and my skin looks dewy and fresh. My medium skin is somewhat tanned right now, but I don't think it makes me look white at all. Best of all, I don't find that I have sparkles all over my face (a problem with other illuminating powders I've tried); it just really seems to give a luminous finish. I've also dusted it on around mid-afternoon, when I'm getting somewhat shiny, and it seems to soak up the oil, AND give a flawless finish. In general, I'm not even a powder afficionado (have some MakeUp Forever loose powder that will last forever, because I hardly ever wear it), but this Magic Liquid Powder really seems to enhance my skin, so I've been using it almost daily. What's not to like?

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Well I guess Prescriptives got the idea that the brush it used to come with is useless! I mean, even the rep says it's useless. Anyways, I always dust this product over my Traceless, with a fan brush. I believe the review just below mine says that it gives a "white" pale look...perhaps you're dusting on too much? Using the fan brush really will make a difference, b/c you're only dusting on a light layer. The cooling sensation is wonderful, eespecially on a hot day. It's also great to touch up with, if you're willing to bring it out with you.

I'm generally a Prescriptives fan, but this product was a toughie. The "wet" feel is cool, but difficult to apply. You either get nothing or too much on the brush. [ASIDE: I did a side-by-side test in the store between Magic powder and lotion, but the lotion was too irridescent for me. The powder seemed more subtle.] I agree that the powder gave my already-pale skin a strange whitish tint. I'm pale enough for heaven's sake! The worst part is that I started breaking out on my chin after about a week of use. After a few days of non-use, my skin is feeling better, so I'm afraid this nocomedogenic powder gave me pimples. Too bad on this one.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the second time I have bought this product, mainly because I am trying hard to love it (because I really really like the magic potion). I don't like the cold feel of the powder and I find it really difficult to get an even finish on the face. I also think it looks far too sparkly on the face for daytime. The brush that comes with it is a bit of a dud as well. I think I will mix this is with my "plain" transluscent powder - which is what I did last time. I don't think I will be lured in by this product a third time.

on 6/23/2006 2:38:00 AM

Horrrrrrible!!! Such a waste of my money. Even the brush that came with it was crap! Nasty results... probably THE WORST powder I've evvver tried. BEWARE! *Consider yourself warned*

I've been using this powder for about 4 years and I'm very happy with it. I use Translucent and it gives my face a subtle glow and blots out shine. My skin is very pale with pink undertones and it looks very natural on me. It doesn't look like I'm wearing powder. I really don't understand all the bad reviews.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wish this product came in a wider selection of colours. I know, I know: it's supposed to be "translucent," and it is. But, that doesn't mean it's colourless, nor that it's invisible. Applied on top of foundation, this powder does leave a strange, whitish effect. Under some lighting conditions it looks glowy; I must admit that it makes your skin look quite good on pictures too. But outdoors, it does accentuate any foundation you're wearing, and not in a flattering way. It makes it obvious that you're wearing makeup.

I have the pinkish one called "Translucent" which is supposed to work for ALL skin tones. Well I have yellow-olive undertones, and this powder doesn't work for me at all. I thought about buying the "Deep Translucent," but nah.

I'm givin' it 3 lippies just because I like the novelty of it -- liquid powder ("wow," huh?!). It could also work to soften up redness around the nose. If you want to experiment with the promised "glowy" effect, I think the trick is to not apply it all over your face; just on select areas like bridge of nose, front and apples of cheeks, a dab on forehead. continued >>

on 5/13/2006 5:36:00 PM

This is a cool powder because it feels 'wet' when applied to skin. It's like your putting water on your face. However, I don't feel like it does anything for me except darkening my foundation. The packaging is nice since it comes with a brush. Will not repurchase though.

on 4/11/2006 12:17:00 PM

This is a great product for most people. However, for me it was awful. I am very fair skinned and when I put this powder on, I would look very weird. It made my Flawless foundation look 10 shades darker. I looked horrible. I told the PX lady and she said I should try the "all skins" powder. She said that sometimes the magic powder can make fair skinned people look kinda pink. She put the "all skins" powder on me and it looked great........in the store. When I went outside, however, I looked orange. Ugh!!! So I went back to using the Clinique gentle light powder (glow 2) and everything is looking great.

on 4/9/2006 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Interesting concept and it feels quite nice on, the finish is semi-dewey. However I really am not a fan of the shade- it seems to be rainbow white, kind of like MAC's hyperreal foundations. It doesn't really work on me, just ends up making me look like I stepped off of a tripped out 70s dancefloor- rainbow like finish completely apparent, doing nothing to "hide" blemishes or skintone, only bringing new attention to it.