E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - ALL

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/1/2008 1:21:00 AM

I have this in Angel, Baby Pink and Goddess. These are great, inexpensive, and make your lips look fuller. I do like the taste, but I can see where some might be put off by it.

I love this gloss so much. Its cheap, the colors are nice (nothing special tho) and the scent doesn't bother me. And the spf is a huge plus!
So why the low rating? The packaging sucks! I have probably purchased about 6 different tubes and they ALL have come apart at the base of the screw on top. EVERY one. So I am left with a leaky mess. I may try to trandfer these into pots but I really despise having to use my finger to put on gloss. Sigh...these were so SO close to HG status but the packaging renders them unusable. I even got the company. I would gladly pay a buck or two more for these if they didn't fall apart. Did no one else have this experience??

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i HATE this lip gloss with a passion!!!
i have the clear one
it's super shiny but it's a nasty kind of sticky plus
it tastes like plastic

it's so horrible that i threw it away

on 6/2/2008 9:07:00 PM

I love this lipgloss!
I don't get the bad reviews on it. First of all it's $1! I have this lipgloss in Goddess, Pink Kiss, Malt Shake, and Watermelon. And I love all of them. They go on easily and beautifuly! To me, they smell wonderful. And it's not sticky at all! The only problem I have with this lipgloss is that it you have to reapply it a lot, cuz it doesn't stay very long. But that's fine with me.
Love it, and will buy it again when I run out.

Oh, and it has SPF 15!!!

on 5/17/2008 2:25:00 PM

Yuck, This lipgloss tastes and smells like plastic. Yeah, it's only $1 but its gross and I would rather spend a little more and get a lipgloss that does not smell like a ziplock bag. It also has a wierd slimy texture on the lips. I like E.L.F hypershine gloss much better.

This product is amazing! First it is a $1. Second it is one of my favorites and I normally only like high end products. Smooth, pretty colors, smells and tastes great. Very easy to apply, I don't even need a mirror to apply. Love it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Oh how I love thee!!! I have these in Goddess and Candlelight and just purchased Pink Kiss. These glosses go on smooth and even, are not sticky, ever, - but feel fairly thick and last a really long time. I only have to reapply two or three times a day and my days, in full makeup- start at 9 am and end after midnight. (I apply mine with a lip brush over top a long wearing lipstick- Avon Perfect Wear in Nude Pink ) The shades are oh so shiny but soft looking and sheer, but not to sheer, there definately is a hint of color. The grape taste took a little getting used to, as have never used flavored lip gloss, but I have grown to love it. HG?- oh yeah.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I read about these glosses on MUA and I am glad I did. I purchased these at my local grocery store (went to the ELF website and used the product locator to find). I purchased Pink Kiss first- LOVED the texture- almost exact match to Channel Glossimers!!!!, hated the color (see specific review for more details). I went back to buy more since they are only a dollar and I thought why not? I bought Watermelon, Malt Shake, Goddess, and Candlelight. To my surprise, the color I thought would be least likely to work actually turned out to be the best!!! Goddess is AMAZING (see specific review for details)!!!!!!. I did not care for Malt Shake (way to warm for me, and it was flat). Watermelon was a beautiful color, but **sigh**, not for me, and Candlelight was a VERY frosty gold on me, and did NOT work with my cool, red/blue undertones. I can not wear warm colors at all. I could see Candlelight looking great on someone with warm, darker coloring. Overall, I would suggest trying these glosses. If you get the right color you will LOVE THEM! I gave the packaging a 3 due to the fact that the tube releases way too much product for one application.

One note:some people have written that the scent of these glosses is unbearable, I am one who usually CAN NOT stand to have scent in my glosses (make me nauseous), especially the fruity kind, but for some reason I find this scent to be pleasant and almost undetectable after a few minutes.

EDIT: I hardly wear these anymore b/c of the lack of staying power. Wish it lasted more than 10 minutes on me b/c I love the SPF feature and the consistency of these glosses- they feel great on.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

Love these!! They're shiny, nicely pigmented, and come in cute little tubes. So far I've tried Iced Latte and Malt Shake and absolutely adore them. I like my lips to look natural, with a bit of color, and both of them work perfectly. The Iced Latte is my favorite so far. On me it's kind of a brownish-nude color with a little bit of rose, and it has a pretty glossy finish. The Malt Shake is a little bit lighter on me than the Iced Latte, and not as shimmery, but it's nice all the same.
They're a bit sticky, but I think most lip glosses are, and the smell is not too unpleasant. You do have to reapply every now and again, I don't mind that at all. They're unbelievably priced at $1 each, and they are so worth it! I have $15 lip glosses in my makeup case that I hardly wear.
My only issue is I wish they would come out with some more colors....
I have already repurchased a few more shades, and wil continue to buy again and again!

on 1/9/2008 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

These little glosses are so great but unfortunately I have to swap for them because I can't find them in my area. The colors are so pretty and have a great scent and consistency. These are almost identical to Mac lipgellee. I had tried these cheap glosses first and when I got my first lipgellee I couldn't believe that a 1 dollar product and a 14 dollar product were basically the same thing!! The elf gloss even has spf and better packaging. If I could buy these around here I would have tons of them. :)