Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/12/2011 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Urban Decay, but man! These shadows have WAY TOO MUCH GLITTER! My friend always asks me why I have shimmer all over my face. I wish I would have bought a palette from Too Faced instead.

on 6/8/2011 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Hell no, I would not buy this again. Why you wonder. One word:GLITTER. And it is sad because there are awesome shades in this palette as well (last call oilslick mildew). But the thing is with glitter that even when you are not using the glitter bombs the glitter somehow transfers from the palette to your brush and ends up sitting on your nose or forehead. And it stays there the whole day while you are trying to look like a grown up woman. Yes I've restricted this to nighttime wear only or mardi gras. And why are the shadows so tiny, I expected some bang for buck. Top of my shitlist this one.

on 4/28/2011 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the first Urban Decay palette I've bought so I was certainly expecting a lot from the brand. I think the eyeshadows are wonderful, but the glitter has a tendency to get all over your face. It blends very easily and the colors are extremely pigmented. A little dab of your brush is all you really need to get the colors on your brush. All in all, i think I will return this and get something else that doesnt have this much glitter. My favorite is grifter, ironically. The light purple is soooo bright on my eye, it's a nice surprise. I was thinking about returning the palette, but I've fallen in love with it. I cant remember why I delayed buying this for soooo long.

on 5/2/2011 1:15:00 PM

Great packaging, very sleek but the eyeshadows themselves are a let down. They're just too shimmery for me! I found that the glittter migrated around my eyes even after using the UDPP! Ended up swapping this away.

I love this palette! Yes, there is glitter. But I happen to LOVE glitter so its not an issue. I use Maui Wowie - the glitteriest of them all - as a highlight. Im sure if you dig into the shadow and smear it on your face you'll come out looking like a disco ball, but imo, its not meant to be used that way. The glitter shadows are to be used as accents and they do just that and very nicely. My only qualm is with their black - I'm not crazy about the oil slick shadow. I've never been crazy about silver glitter in black shadow, ever.

This palette has a lot of the colors I have been wanting to try for years. It's a really good deal considering how much the individual shadows cost. I have hazel eyes and I've been using smog, mildew, last call, maui wowie, and sin the most. I don't think this is even worth saying but the only annoying thing about these shadows it the excessive glitteryness, that's to be expected with UD though. Overall this has been a great purchase.

on 3/19/2011 7:10:00 AM

I have to admit, I was skeptical when I swapped for this palette. I'm in my 30's and work for a conservative company and thought this shadows would be too glittery for me.
However, once I tried a few of the colors, I was blown away with how beautiful and versatile they are. This turned into a palette I use at least 2 to 3 times a week.
My favorites are Sin, Smog, and Mildew, but I like mixing it up with the other colors. I lucked out when I swapped for this. I'm almost out of Sin now and plan to repurchase the single!

on 4/20/2011 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This was the first UD product I purchased (and then my obsession began). I liked it when I first got it but I hated the fallout! I ended up favoring only a few of the colors in this palette (smog, mildew, sin, last call) and really did not like the rest. Since I've acquired a lot of those colors in other palettes, I decided to give this palette to my mom - even though she hardly uses it.

I like that it is small and flat, making it convenient to take on trips, but feel that half of the colors are impossible to work with. Def won't repurchase but it was a nice initiation into the UD family.

on 3/12/2011 5:58:00 AM

Argh! I really, really want to LOOOVE this product but, darn it, I just don't!

I'm a massive UD fan - I have pretty much every 24/7 pencil ever released, and most of the Book of Shadows (with maybe one exception?). I love the mascaras, the primers, and so many other products, but this one really falls flat for me. Here's why...

I've had this palette nearly 2 years, and I never reach for it. I do find that the colours are quite pigmented, and are generally quite lovely. But I find most of them unwearable due largely to the horrible glitter fallout. Of the 10 shades, 5 are glitter/shimmers with wild fallout. Even my most gifted makeup artist friends have a difficult time manipulating them so that my face doesn't look like a disco ball by the end of the day. For this reason, I find them most unwearable for work and most occasions. The other shades (Smog, Mildew, Last Call, Shattered and Sin) are beautiful, but I don't ever reach for them because I'm so put off by the rest of the palette.

On the plus, the colours are blendable, pretty, and pigmented. You can certainly create a wide variety of looks using only this palette.

Sadly, I'm not likely to repurchase because I would probably only use 50% of the shades, and the price isn't worth it. The packaging is adorable, as with most UD products, but that does salvage the product.

I think I'm either going to force myself to use the shades that I do love, or try to organize a trade - it's pretty much brand new.

Like I said, darn it!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love the colors in this palette. LOVE them all. As others have written, though, the glitter fallout is an issue. As a 30 year old, I don't want my face to be covered in glitter. Because of this I wouldn't repurchase, but don't regret that I bought this set. It's portable and perfect to take on trips because of the fun color selection.