Elizabeth Arden With Love by Hilary Duff

Elizabeth Arden With Love by Hilary Duff

3.8

Alcohol Denat Water/Aqua/Eau Parfum/Fragrance Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxhydrocinnamate Benzyl Alcohol Benzyl Salicylate Citral Coumarin Ceraniol Hydroxyisoh 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Limonene Linalool Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate Ethylhexyl Salicylate

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm really sensitive to smells and tend to get headaches at the first whiff of obnoxious and/or cloyingly sweet scents. Thankfully, With Love is neither obnoxious nor cloyingly sweet. It's kind of sultry and musky and vanilla-y and spicy and altogether divine. I received the With Love set (gorgeous vintage-looking 3.3 oz glass bottle, lotion, and candle) for Christmas a few years ago, and to this day I've yet to get bored with the scent. It's such a strange, complex, "can't put my finger on it" kind of scent -- so interesting and lovely that it always keeps me coming back for more.

on 7/25/2010 2:32:00 PM

I did something really stupid and bought this untested. It was so cheap at Marshall's and I had read so many positive reviews that I thought it would at least be "okay" worst case scenario. Oh man was I wrong. This smells horrible! On me anyway. Although I find it unpleasant from the bottle as well. Smells like B.O. Do not buy this without testing it first!

on 7/5/2010 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

The bottle is beautiful. When this came out Britney Spears' Curious and some other celeb/performer/personality scents were really popular, and this was like the antidote to all those. It was a guilty pleasure for many, who didn't want to admit that this was associated with a popster like Hilary Duff, who I personally dislike. Not to mention that she came out with a song and video in which she sprays the perfume on herself. Shameless self-promotion! Anyway, I really liked this when it came out and had the lotion also. But for some reason, I can't wear it now. The cedar note is too strong and I feel like I smell like a hope chest. Supposedly body chemistry changes after you have children, so that could be it. But I will say that nothing else I own even comes close to smelling like this. It's a true original.

on 7/6/2010 6:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I tested this today because I heard it smelled very spicy and oriental. UGH this smelled very odd to me, not spicy or oriental. I'm happy I tested it out and didn't just impulse buy. Maybe it was just my body chemistry but it just stunk IMHO.

on 7/7/2010 8:25:00 PM

This is very meh. Best way to describe it would be sheer oriental with some fruit notes which sounds good, except it wasn't. This is a skin scent so don't expect major siliage. Furthermore, this is very simular to M by MCarey(except M is sweeter) so nothing new there. I already have M and With Love is slightly weaker twin sister. Yes, it is different from other celebrity fragrances which lately all seem to fall into gardenia/tuberose florals lately(Beyonce's new perfume and Kim K's also) but not distinctive or different enough to interest me.

on 7/5/2010 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

If you like vanilla, musk, and a sweet smell this is for you. It was researched by Ms. Duff, and she states that she actually tested this, and help create this perfume, and that you can tell. It is not for someone that is teeny weenie itty bitty bikini like, but rather for someone that likes subtle not boring scents. It seems to be an older smelling perfume, even though I think it was geared toward the older tween age...which for me is grande.
I tend to like complex vanilla and musk oriental perfumes, so this is "light" in comparison to the original Poison that I wear. I always get compliments that are genuine, and not the type where people are coughing and running away (think Angel)! lol;p! I always carry perfume in my purse to school, and kids even though they are young are pretty honest about smells, they frequently tell each other they smell..lol, so when I wear this the grown-ups and students do make positive comments.
If you like BBW Sensual Amber, Warm Vanilla Sugar, and some sweet fruits (don't think apples think passion fruit, papaya, guava.) this is something that you will enjoy! It is musky, vanilla, amber, and sweet wrapped into one great scent. Another scent you might want to try is Diamonds Intense by Emporio Armani, there are some similiarities. And the DI is heavier, just thought I would send you another great fragrance recommendation.

on 7/5/2010 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

*** EDIT : I returned this, after all. I was not really wearing it so I guess I didn't like it as much as I thought I did.

----

I like this because it smells REALLY weird. The scent really grew on me because at first, I hated it. I had seen this perfume for dirt cheap at multiple places but there was never a display so I didn't know what it smelled like. When I finally was able to try it on, I though it smelled disgustingly spicy - something like burnt caramel. I kept shopping and couldn't stop smelling it on my wrist. I couldn't figure out what it smelled like at all or if I liked it or not. Later that night, I was still uncertain about this perfume. When I encountered it later on, I couldn't resist and I bought it. It's not my favorite perfume by any means, but it's an intriguing perfume that I enjoy wearing sometimes, just because it's so different from anything else.

on 7/3/2010 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just love the bottle so I cave in and bought this. It's a little too sweet for me since it has lychee as one of the scent ingredients. I should of had done my research first before I bought it. I was in a hurry at the time.
Anyways, I have this up for swap, but if no one take it then I will eventually end up using it if I have no other fragrances. It's not a bad smell, I love it but just too sweet maybe I can combine it with another scent.
I am allergic to certian fragrance's scents, but I I mostly prefer floral over fruit or food. There's some fragrances that as soon as i smell it I start sneezing right away. Some example of scents I like are waterlily, lavendar, freesia, amber, jasmine, vanilla, orchid, and patchouli. Some that I dont like are grapefruit, passion fruit, pear, apple, anis, orange, peach, and strawberry. But usually it depends on how they are mix and the proportion they use.

A friend of mine owns this fragrance titled "With Love" by Hilary Duff and I absolutely dislike its scent. It smells very "old lady" like without a hint of sugary/vanilla smell or floral, VERY strong and heavy formula. In fact, I had one of my guy friends tell the poor doll to change perfume. The bottle has a lovely design, but the smell is a no no for me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This was the first "nice" perfume I got and the only one I've had for a few years now and still have not gotten sick of it. I lost the cap which was the only bummer but it doesn't go off when I carry it in my purse. I am about half way through a little goes a long way since it's an eau de parfum. I got this for $16 at TJ Maxx.

Popular Fragrances