MAC Cosmetics MAC Liquid Liner

3.4

First off before I break the streak of positive reviews I have to say that I'm not a fan of felt tip liquid liners. I know I'm in the minority here but I find that liquid liner with a finebrush tip with a short wand offers more control and can produce a much finer line.

As for staying power this product is very good. I remember the eyeliner was used for the actors in my High School plays because it could stand up to the bright lights and sweaty faces without needing any touch ups.

In my opinion if you are going to shell out money for quality MAC products I think your money is better spent on concealers, fluid lines, paint pots, or eye shadows. A felt tip eyeliner with equal staying power can easily be found at a drug store for a fraction of the price.

I LOVE this formula -- Have been looking for a true to advertised waterproof and smudgeproof eyeliner and this is it.

I wore it to Disneyworld's two water parks, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.. Was there for 4 hours.. Dunked under in slides and at the 'blizzard pool'.. Stayed on.

I also went to the beach and swam, and it stayed on as well.

If that's not convincing I don't know what is. I have officially stopped searching and have 5 tubes of this on my shelf.. Just in case! You never know when they discontinue something for some odd reason.

Only negative about this is the applicator.. The brush might be great, I think it's just the formula maybe.. It's really thick and tar like which is probably what attributes to the staying quality. I love it though so I overlook this little flaw. Not everything can be perfect.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've been using this for about two months or so & it isn't bad, but I definitely won't buy this again. The little brush bit is just way too thick & maybe it's just me not being very good at applying eyeliner evenly, but on some days I use up about 15 little cotton wool buds just getting my eyeliner even on both sides (though I am very fussy about it) so for 13 it isn't really worth it, especially if I have to go to london or kent to buy it if I don't want to order it online.

However the liquid itself is lovely. The colour is a perfect pitch black and you can't smudge it really badly with just a mindless eye rub like some eyeliner either, so it stays on really well which is a must for me. Strangely though, sometimes when I don't get enough product on the wand tip thingy and I draw it over an eyelid, it comes out all watery and not black enough, so you really need to make sure you have enough product on it.
I wouldn't recommend this, their must be other better liquid eyeliners out there.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

this eyeliner applied itself real nice, nice dark black colour, but smudges badly.. kind of thought that it would stay on longer but nooo it would melt throughout the day and it didnt seem to last that long, or maybe its coz my sister was using it.. and its soooo small i cant believe i spent $AU32 on it.. so disappointing

This liner picks up too much out of the bottle. I always have to dab it onto a tissue before I apply it on my lids. It's hard to get a thin line as it goes on thick. It's not water proof and smudges easily when I rub my eyes. I will not purchase again. Once I finish this, I will go back to my favorite Lancome Artliner.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I got these liner years ago (Leatherette, dark drown and discontinued). I was looking to give it another try, but in Boot Black, hoping that they would have formulated it much better than the older version. After reading the reviews, I think I'll steer clear from this and try something much different. Looks like nothings changed about this product. I know for me, I loved it in the beginning, went on smooth (but smudged) and the color had a nice payoff. But after several uses, it started to dry out. That said, I won't be heading to the MAC counter to get this!

My HG liquid liner for sure. I am super picky about liquid eyeliner b/c I hate when it flakes off and looks like black glue. IMO, liquid liners should smudge, not peel and flake off. My only complaint- the color is not dark enough so I have to go over it each time with my powerpoint pencil in Engraved.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

meh, nothing to write home about. not a real true dark black, and it will smear very easily. honestly revlon colorstay liquid liner is a much darker black and doesn't budge, plus is way cheaper. i would not repurchase.

Ehh. The color isn't a true matte black as I thought it would be, but more of a dark greyish black. I have to use a super light hand when applying because if I use too much, it stings the skin on my eyelids and makes it feel "tight", if that makes sense. I always have to q-tip off all the excess liquid from the top of the tube after every use, because I always get this huge blob of liquid whenever I pull the applicator out of the tube. It's such a waste. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been a liquid eyeliner junkie ever since I started wearing make-up regularly in my teens, so I have tried quite a few. This one by far, has been my biggest disappointment. Now I admit, I did use this for a long time thinking I was happy with the results (all I wanted was a nice deep, intense black to enhance the lash line), until i started noticing in close up pictures of my eyes how washed out my liner looked. Compared to most other liners I tried subsequently (both DS and HE), it's actually quite matte and dull. This product's only saving grace by far is the felt tip applicator. They are the best for achieving a precision wing.

Save your money ladies... Revlon Colorstay in Blackest Black kicks this liner's ass all over the place, or even MAC's Fluidline in Blacktrack.