Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 6/5/2016 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I decided to try this product out because I saw many videos on youtube on how it can help with acne scars. I have very sensitive skin so when my skin doesn't agree with a product, it's instant breakout. The price for this product was great & so was shipping. Since my skin is very sensitive, I decided to use water instead of apple cider vinegar. I felt more safe with water honestly. I followed the instructions & left it on until it dried. I immediately felt it tightening my face & a little tingle. Once it dried I washed it off & I put a napkin over my sink drain so the clay wouldn't clog it. I was really surprised. My face felt super smooth & it was a little red but it eventually went away. I saw my pores have gotten smaller & all my white/blackheads were gone. My forehead was starting to get really itchy but i thought that was normal. The next morning the itch has spread to the side of my face & around my lips. I was literally scratching every second & didn't know what was going on. The rash went on for a week & a half. I love how this product works & really wanna use it again, it did a good job but I'm honestly scared that it would give me a bad rash again. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this also. It would make me feel comfortable on trying it out again.

on 6/2/2016 2:37:00 PM

This is my HG mask! I have combination acne prone skin and using this mask with Apple Cider Vinegar changed my skin so much for the better. Reduces existing flare ups (usually hormonal acne) and has completely eliminated the cystic acne I was battling. I had tried all kinds of medicated treatments, oil cleansing and natural remedies, and high end products but this was what saved my skin along with initially using supplements with zinc. At first I used it 2/week but now I use it once a week or once every two weeks. Has completely changed my skin and is the most effective mask I've ever used. I leave it on for 20 min or so and redness afterwards.

While it can be a nucense to mix the mask yourself and it can be a bit messy it is worth the trouble and I will continue use this mask as a staple of my skin care regimen.

on 4/26/2016 8:37:00 PM

Best mask I have ever tried. I have very oily acne prone skin.
I mix this with a little turmeric and apple cider vinegar. The results have been amazing!!

on 4/27/2016 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Honestly does nothing. It's fun though! No imperfections were reduced whatsoever.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought a HUGE tub of this off iHerb 4 years ago and I still use it - it's my HG mask. Mixing a fresh batch of clay mask each usage is awesome in my opinion - no extra ingredients needed, no preservatives, completely customisable. This tub will last me another 10 yrs and my daughter will probably use it. I keep it stored in a cool dark place but the screw on lid seems fine. Packaging is plastic and cheap but effective. Not expensive at all! For anyone disliking this, please try it with apple cider vinegar as the liquid. I ran out and mixed it with water and its crap. Somehow the vinegar turns it into a mousse texture and it exfoliates as its sucking all the gunk out of your pores. I have not bought any masks since I bought this as I just don't need to. Mixing your own does cause some wastage because takes time to figure out exactly how much powder to use vs liquid. But it's still uber cost effective! I mix it in a little glass bowl that I keep in the bathroom. It's hard to remove for a clay mask as it can be applied thickly so I hop in the shower to wash off. Do it at the same time as a hair mask! I used to do this weekly but forget a lot of the time now. But when I remember and do it, my pores are so minimised they're almost gone. It's truly magical. Also I used to have oilier skin and it was great. I'm now combo/normal and it's still fine. I have left it on for up to an hour to really feel the sucking feeling but it's recommended to only leave for 15 mins. When you wash it off you'll see red marks as if you took a vacuum cleaner to your face but they go away. The sucking feeling can be addictive to those who really like a product to feel like it is doing something.

Edit: I bought a weird apple cider vinegar with honey in it - not a substitute! Doesn't create a mousse and no sucking feeling! Stick with normal apple cider next time

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I got this mask as a Christmas present from my cousin and I couldn't be happier. She was hesitant to give me this specific mask at first because she thought it will only worsen my acne. I've been battling acne since I was in High School and to say that the battle is exhausting is an understatement. It's frustrating but I will not quit! ;) Finding an amazing product that can actually help me take care of my skin is awesome.

I wear makeup everyday so it's really important for me to feel like I'm doing something to clean my pores. I've never been a fan of face masks until I started using Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. I mix it with water though I heard from my best friend that mixing it with apple cider vinegar gives you more of that "tightening" feeling. Anyway, it really helps dry pimples and clean pores.

I use it 4 to 5 times a week especially after going to the gym wearing makeup. I know I shouldn't but I'm kind of dependent on makeup, so, there.

P.S. The redness you'll notice after using this mask is totally normal and will soon fade so no worries! ;)

UPDATE: I started using this product with Apple Cider Vinegar a few weeks ago and I didn't like the result. Sure, you can feel the tightening effect of the mask when you mix it with ACV but I guess ACV is too harsh for my skin that it lead to awful breakout. :(

I recently purchased this at my local Whole Foods store, and I'm so glad that I did. I'm trying to transition into natural/organic skincare products, and I needed to figure out a new face mask routine. I followed the directions on the packaging, and used a cheap synthetic-hair makeup brush to apply to my face, felt very cold to apply, but in a relaxing spa-like way. After washing it off, I had redness, but it goes away shortly after. I had no skin irritations, and it really surfaced black heads and my under-skin texture/stubborn acne. I definitely recommend using an oil to moisturize right after though.

So far, I've used it twice and am very pleased with the results. Will happily re-purchase and recommend to my friends and family.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

At first try I think it did something on my face but after continuosly using it for 2 months nothing changed I just noticed that after using this ill get a zit like really after washing my face.. It makes my blackheads easy to remove BUT it doesn't remove ur blackheads No changes to my skin and pores 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

on 4/16/2016 2:31:00 AM

This product is amazing!!! I struggled with acne 7 years ago for about 3 years. My skin has been mostly clear for over 4 years now with a few hormonal breakouts here and there. Recently, I've been under a lot of stress with school and my face flared up so bad, the worst it's been in years! I was so embarrassed to even go to class or interact with people. I found this product and have only been using it for 2 days and I see incredible results already. I use it with ACV and 3 drops of tea tree oil after I cleanse my face. The first day I used it I noticed a few more pimples on my forehead and my cheeks. THIS IS NORMAL!!!! Don't give up on it. It is pulling the dirt and bacteria out of your pores and making your skin fresh and clean, even if it doesn't look like it for the first couple of days. I used the product tonight and almost all of the new pimples decreased in size and redness and many of them disappeared. My pores are almost invisible now and my skin is glowing. I recommend this product for anyone with acne-prone skin because it won't excessively dry your face out like some salicylic acid medications will. My face has never felt so clean and refreshed in my entire life. This mask is honestly a miracle!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Most effective mask tried so far. This works wonder on the acne. I'm having adult acne all of a sudden and nothing is working. I tried numerous product but everyday I'm seeing 1-2 new pimples. This mask is only thing which is helping to drying out the active pimples. I've used it with water but will use it with ACV. My skin is normal to mildly dry. I cannot keep it more than 10mins. I'm applying it 2-3 day/ week. After that I'm applying my toner,serum and night cream as usual. I'll repurchase it again.