Darphin Purifying Balm

Darphin Purifying Balm

4.1

Corylus Americana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Beeswax, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol

on 9/23/2005 10:44:00 AM

Had a zit forming (kind that you can feel under your skin and it hurts) and I decided to give this a try. Had alot of doubts because it does appear like putting Vaseline on your face. Woke up and the zit had shrunk. Practically disappeared. Did it again the following night and now the zit has gone.

Amazing. I would only use this sparingly though -- ie. once a week at most.

on 9/13/2005 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really love this product!It leaves my skin smooth and clean.Althougth i Have sensitive skin it doesntirritate me at all.

on 9/8/2005 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite skincare products. It hurts me to spend this much on such a small amount, but it really works! There are plenty of products out there that cost an arm and a leg that don't live up to the marketing hype. I use it when I have something special to do the next day. I have a lot of redness in my face (like rosacea without the pimples), and this reallly seems to calm it and make my pores temporarily smaller. Will be buying again!

on 9/11/2005 8:00:00 AM

Although I have been using it for about 8 months and wishing to love it I now can say - THIS DOES NOTHING! It didn't broke me out either but not a positive effect - disappearing cystic bumps, minimized pores, better skin color. No one. And I gave it a looong try. I am very much disappointed and will not byi it ever again.

This is kind of like Clarins Lotus Oil. I have combo skin and as a sales assistant suggested, I warm this between my fingers until it turns into sort of like an essential oil. I apply this all over the face after cleansing before bed. The next day your face feels lightly moisturised and throughout the day, you definitely notice less oiliness. I have small pimples occasionally and so when skin starts to break out, this definitely helps pimples disappear more quickly. The best use for this is after a night of drinking/partying. A sales assistant said stars use this as a overnight detox for the skin. Skin is definitely brighter, clearer and I presume this is from the "oxygenation" that the product description claims. Would definitely repurchase as it is great for any season. UPDATE: Love it still! Face is ALOT smoother!

on 7/27/2005 12:48:00 PM

A generous swapper gave me a huge sample that I didn't expect.
I didn't even know what it did until I looked it up on the company's website.
It sounded wonderful so I decided to give it a try. I used Darphin's milk cleanser and toner before I applied the balm. I thought the texture was too waxy. I warmed it up in my palm according to the direction and applied it all over my face. I felt like I was applying Vaseline on my face. It's that greasy. I didn't care for the weird smell either. I woke up the next morning and felt my skin. It was soft and supple. It wasn't greasy anymore. I looked in the mirror after the shower and my skin looked fabulous. My makeup looked great on my fabulous skin. My skin was glowing and looked refreshed. Another thing I noticed was that little bit of blemishes I had looked better or completely gone.
Now days, my trick is to apply the Darphin products a week before that time of the month. This prevents pimples and zits from having a party on my skin due to the time of the month. I also use it when I travel. It helps my skin to recover from the stress of traveling. I wish it were less expensive. But it's definitely worth the price.

on 4/26/2005 3:18:00 PM

I was very suspicious about this product: I've never liked balms and I really didn't understand such a wide purposes of this stuff - "it dissolves impurities, repairs damaged tissues and balances fragile skin types. An incomparable source of oxygen". And it is for ALL skin types (I thought it was only for oily/acne-prone skin /"purifying"/). Don't forget to warm it well between your fingers before you spread it on the face. If you have dry or more mature skin use a bit more, not only the smallest quantity. I use it over Darphin aromatic oil (Rose or Jasmine), once or twice a week. It really purifies and relaxes the skin, making it brighter and healthier looking. It also seems to me that my complexion has better and healthier colour when I use it (oxygenation? - who knows!).

on 5/2/2005 7:15:00 PM

If you can look beyond the $75. price point for this .5oz product...you will find pure facial heaven in a cute little frosted jar. This is easily the best product I have ever used. Every time I use this I receive compliments on my skin the following day. It works THAT good! It's for ALL skins types and really smooths and refines your complexion! Try to get your hands on a sample if you can...if not, be daring and splurge! You won't regret it!

on 4/26/2005 1:49:00 AM

I love the texture and the smell of this stuff. It makes my skin feel great and I like the jar. However, I hate the price. It makes my skin look good though and I will repurchase :) **Update: I have been putting it on my blemishes at night and it is amazing. The redness disappears and it helps to heal them!

on 7/12/2005 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i have really super sensitive, thin skin. it seems like im combination (more dry than oily) but then I do break out when my skin is irritated. this purifying balm does the trick of rejuvenating my skin. although it is oily, it does not break me out except with little tiny impurities that would have came out anyway - but it does not break give cystic sort of pimples.
i love it!
sometimes i get greedy and i use it 2 days in a row, and i find then it becomes too oily for my skin - i find it's better to use when your skin is feeling tighter than it usually is.