Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 1/6/2017 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have sensitive/acne prone skin, meaning: i always have at least one pimple going on in my face but despite that, quite dry and sensitive (getting red easy) complexion. I need a gentle cleanser that's not drying out my skin, and so I bought Cetaphil gentle cleanser. I was not happy with this product, would not recommend it to anyone actually... It just moves around on my skin and it's left feeling unclean and not cleansed at all. I would recommend this to someone who doesn't wear makeup, never have pimples, and very very dry skin.

on 1/5/2017 12:50:00 AM

I have sensitive skin, that is the reason I got this, but I dont like it at all, my face does not feel clean after this, I prefer my QV cleaner more, besides, it does not remove makeup at all. I normally use a makeup remover first, then my cleaner can get my whole face clean, but this one, cen not remove the rest left makeup....

on 12/19/2016 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I apply one pump all over my face then gently remove it with a clean, dry washcloth. Yep, try using it without water, and see if it works for you too.

I used this on and off (WITH WATER) since the early '00s and was unimpressed. For while I was using Albolene only and wiping it off with a tissue, and I was amazed at how great my skin was looking, I just couldn't deal with the texture. So I tried Cetaphil with a tissue and got nothing but a wet shredded mess of tissue across my face. Once I started wiping it off with a dry washcloth, I was hooked.

on 12/23/2016 3:10:00 AM

Well my lovely husband bought this for me in a large pack from Costco and well I was struggling and still am with dry oily skin patchy skin mainly around my cheeks and chin ughh could be the moisturizer as well but yeah anyways this cleanser makes my skin feel smooth and soft but I still wake up with dry dehydrated. I will try using this with my clarisonic and review it and the night moisturizer I am using is an Olay Night cream I will review that as well and get back to this in 2017. Happy Holidays!

on 12/21/2016 11:18:00 AM

Unfortunately this didn't work for me at all. My face just doesn't feel clean after using this (and my skin's not even usually on the oily side). It doesn't dry my skin out so might be good for very dry skin, but it doesn't clean well and so doesn't really serve its purpose.

on 1/4/2017 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Whoa! I've been looking for a good cleanser for my acne-prone skin. At first, i thought frank creamy face cleanser is the best cleanser, i've ever had, so when i ran out of the first bottle i decided to buy the second one. But it makes my face even worse with more painful acne all over my face. So i decided to stop using it. Then i found cetaphil, i didn't really think it's a good cleanser tho, but i tried it anyway and it's magical! Yay! It calms my acne although it doesn't feel like cleansing haha

on 11/24/2016 4:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This product is all that it could be for the price and it is supposed to be for sensitive skin. I don't know too much about the claims, I recently used a certain facial soap that irritated my skin and had to use something that was very gentle on my face, so I picked this one, the price was right and the claims was ok. My problem is that this stuff doesn't lather up at all so my face doesn't feel as clean as it should be and it dries your skin out something terrible, I had to use tons of moisturizers. The smell is ok and I bought the bar so the texture was as of that of a regular soap, nothing special! I think that it did it's job as to being gentle on my face for a while but it is very drying for me. If I had to buy it again, NO I wouldn't I think next time I would try Aveeno.

on 11/24/2016 2:23:00 AM

A lot of hype about this product but for me it was just so-so, my skin felt soft and everything but it didn't get that deep down clean and I need that because i wear make up on a daily

on 11/28/2016 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was told to use this cleanser after being on a strong topical cream for my acne issues, and also after being put on antibiotics for my acne. I find it is gentle, but it's so gentle that it doesn't remove all makeup, and you have to either cleanse twice or just make up remover before cleansing your face. It didn't dry out my skin or make me break out but It kind of felt like it didn't do much.. Very gentle

It does its job OK but it accentuated my dry patches.