Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

I am extremely impressed with this powder. The Everyday Minerals foundations are good but when you combine them with Finishing Dust they are FANTASTIC. In fact, I was also extremely impressed when I used Finishing Dust to set my other liquid foundation. I had no idea that a finishing powder could make such a difference. I highly recommend this!!!! It made my pores disappear.

on 2/16/2008 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was surprised after reading the last couple reviews that said the Finishing Dust grains were too big. To me it is an extremely fine powder that is almost hard to work with! It took me a couple days to get used to applying it, but I think I've got it down and I absolutely love it! With the Finishing Dust and the EDM matte foundation, my oil is controlled well and it lasts longer. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for extra oil control.

on 1/14/2008 9:05:00 PM

I do not care much for this product. The granules are too big and when I apply it lightly after buffing the foundation it just sits on top and you could see every little white grain just hanging on top of my nose, as if I just stuck my head in a sack of flour. I am forced to use it though in winter because my beloved tinted silk dust started to dry out my skin a little.

on 1/19/2008 11:21:00 PM

I like this so far. I feel like it really sets my makeup without making it look dull--it still allows the Original Glo formula to work its magic.

on 1/30/2008 10:55:00 AM

the grains are too HUGE, it would scratch your skin. i gave it a 3 because it has good stuff in it. would buy it IF the grains are micro-fine but not as they are right now.

I have very oily skin, and always need a finishing powder even over EM's Matte foundation (which is fabulous!). So I tried the Silk Powder, and Tinted Silk Powder, and while I loved the finish of the untinted Silk Powder, it was breaking me out daily!!! I don't understand that, it's supposed to be so great for your skin, but unfortunately mine didn't like it! So, I was hesitant to try the Finishing Dust, because it contains Corn Starch, which is supposed to cause breakouts. I break out easily too, but not only is my skin not breaking out, (like from the Silk Powder), it absorbs oil soooo much better than the silk powder as well. BTW I LOVE EVERYDAY MINERALS!!!

on 1/3/2008 9:34:00 AM

I apply this after my EDM foundation and any blush i need. I find that it helps to blend my blush into the skin rather than just sitting there. Due to how fine it is milled, it really leaves a silky feeling on the skin and makes my skin looks flawless.

on 12/30/2007 8:32:00 PM

I like their foundation, but I don't really see the point to this stuff. Not to mention it smells like a barn to me.

on 1/2/2008 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This finishing dust improves the look of my EDM mineral makeup. I just apply a teeny bit on my face before I put on my concealer and foundation. I'm taking off one lippie because it's so easy to make yourself look chalky with it, and it helped the EDM a little bit (but nothing to rave about). Recommended.
EDIT: I stopped using it after a couple of months because it started giving my little bumps on my forehead. Also the kaolin clay powder is better at oil control and blends better. Will not repurchase.

on 1/12/2008 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

(Please see my pictures for a full-size before and after makeover of Everyday Minerals)

I have just recently switched to EM after cautiously reading and comparing EM to BE on this website. I have very oily skin, usually have to wipe off oil 1/2 way throughout my work day and again when I get home...which means I'm easily acceptable to acne.

I tried several rounds of the samples. It took a few times to figure out the best color on me and how to apply it. Here are my tips:

1) I still felt like I had to wipe oil off 1/2 through the day until I purchased the FINISHING DUST. This made a huge difference in cutting down the greasiness. (Just make sure you moisturize well, I imagine on dry skin it would make it really dry!)

2) A GOOD BRUSH MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE! I bought a cheap $5 brush at Ulta to try the samples and I finally ordered the flat-top Kabuki brush from EM's website. You will not find a cheaper, more awesome brush out there. This puts it on so flawless, I look airbrushed afterwards! I have NEVER experienced any make up like it before.

3) A little bit goes a long, long way! You can always apply more, so start out using a dab. The first time I tried the foundation on (I chose the wrong color which didn't help) I looked like the Hulk. My face looked like clay-mation. lol

4) I felt like the intense foundation was a bit too intense :)... so I just stick to matte shades and the Finishing Dust.

5) Don't be afraid to mix colors. I found out by trying several rounds of samples that my best foundation color is about 1/2 and 1/2 of Sandy Medium & Medium Summer. I love the mixing jar!

That's all I can think of right now...:).

I have to start by saying that I am usually a harsh critic but I can't say enough good things about EM. I have been fighting acne for as long as I can remember. For years I have been using Tinted Oxy as my foundation and Maybeline Shine Free pressed powder. I've been using EM for over a month now and I swear I think this stuff is making my face clear up...even when I forget to wash my face before I go to bed!

I'm such a dork now, I just love to put on my make up. I look forward to it every morning. I recommend taking my hints/advice and trying this today if you have skin similar to mine. I'm almost sad that they didn't offer this when I was in high school. I would've loved to have flawless skin back then.
continued >>