Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

3.8

on 12/18/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am officially addicted to Fantasy despite being a past-30-year-old non girly-girl, and owning about 80 fragrances, most of which are niche and designer.
Fantasy in a nutshell is tart fruits dipped in white chocolate frosting, paired with wispy florals and a low hum of sensual musk. I bought it on a whim as a cheap thrill and the combination initially smelt way too sweet and heady for me, so imagine my surprise when I started reaching past the Lutens and Malles and grabbing this over-the-top, crystal-studded magenta bottle daily. There's a strange waxy, fleshy butteriness (probably the orris) underpinning the intense sweetness, which I adore and haven't found in any other scent.
Most scents wear close to the skin and don't last on my dry skin, but I'd say Fantasy is definitely better than average. My nose did adjust to the sweetness over time, and I no longer find it heavy or sugary although I try to remind myself that others still might.
[Update] Pink Sugar Sensual is similar, but a touch less fruity and sweet, with a warmer brown-sugar note. I like both, but if you want something a little "quieter" and less girly than Fantasy, give PSS a try.

on 12/5/2012 5:31:00 PM

I really LOVE this perfume! This is just something I've fallen in love with along the years. This loveaffair started 2009 when my best friend had all these perfumes, and she isn't a real perfume lover like I'm, so she gave it to me. Back then I didn't care much for perfumes, so it sat on my dresser for 6 months, and then (without thinking about it or even smelling it) I just started to use it daily, and it rained compliments from friends and family. So, I ran out of it and didn't really mind. Few month later I smelled the empty bottle, LOVE LOVE LOVE! I had to buy it!
It's a gorgeous perfume, it's strong and cupcakey, maybe too strong for some people, but for me it's perfect. It's a warm and cosy sweet fragrance, it's comforting and inviting, it's perfect. Some sugar, white chocolate and kiwi, freshly baked cupcakes and alot of warmth.
And even my picky-nosed boyfriend actually loves it! He "hates" strong perfumes in general, but I sprayed some on his shirt for fun and when he went home, he had wondered what the heck it was that smelled so good... It was Fantasy. :) So that made me happy, so, soon I and Fantasy are celebrating our 4 year anniversary, and I've not gotten sick of it yet. I ran out of it again a couple weeks ago, now I've repurchased it again. Old is gold! <3

on 11/24/2012 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't get the hype about this perfume. I bought it at Walmart and thought I would like it as I really enjoy a lot of gourmand perfumes. This wore terribly on me, and it disappeared within 20 minutes. My body chemistry sucks up fragrances though so it's not surprising. Smelled cheap. Not a fan.

on 11/22/2012 8:26:00 PM

I was really skeptical about this fragrance but I was pleasantly surprised by the scent. To me, this smells very fruity at first, then it turns floral, and the dry down is a mild sweet vanilla. It actually smells fresh to me. It's not too strong on my skin and lasts a good amount of time.

I'm not a fan of the bottle though, it looks tacky.

on 11/19/2012 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I looooooove it. Its so sweet and delicious. My husband has even asked me, 'what perfume is that?its very nice'.

on 11/19/2012 9:38:00 PM

This was my favourite perfume for few months. I used to generously spray it on my body because it was affordable and then it got over. I then purchased a 100 ml and to my surprise it was not smelling as mush as my 30 ml did. Then I moved on to another perfume and forgot about this totally till few days back, a girl was sitting next to me in the train, who had this perfume on. I immediately recognized the smell and then it turned from sweet smelling to nauseatingly sweet cotton candy. then soon I was covering my nose because I was was getting a headache.
So my verdict on this is after few years you will get over this perfume and then one day you will wonder at your own bad taste.

on 10/4/2012 10:01:00 AM

Still love this scent. I first got it in 2009 as a gift and loved it right away. Its very sweet and sugary but you only need to spray on a little but and it lasts a long time. I have gotten compliments on it before too and people asking me what it was a where I got it. Best place to get it is TJ Maxx or Marshalls, it always seems to be there and is very inexpensive :)

on 10/29/2012 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I bought a .33 oz on ebay just because I wanted to try this out but I didn't want to commit to a full size of this scent just yet. This honestly smells so good and the scent is actually kind of unique as far as sweet scents because of the kiwi. I can't tolerate most sweet scents because my body chemistry can't handle sweet scents (especially vanilla scents...ick!) but this one is amazing. I also like hidden fantasy too.

Britney Spears' Fantasy perfume is my guilty pleasure! I've worn it for years and I cant see myself not having it in my perfume collection.

It smells sweet, fruity and musky. It has magnificent lasting power, costs very little and over the years I have been complimented countless times.

I highly recommend this perfume for people who love sweet, cupcake and fruity scents.

This fragrance drives me crazy! no pun intended LOL... but seriously this is one of my absoultely favorite fragrances of all time, it ranks with fancy, katy perry meow and taylor swift. The fragrance tends to be annyoing sometimes tho It gives me a bad headache... a monster headache... but I can't turn it away... LOL the quality is ground breaking for a fruity floral since most of them tend to fade pretty quickly... fantasy sticks around. It makes a statement it's that bold. The white chocolate and cupcake own this fragrance, I don't smell the kiwi at all just the pure sugar baked goods. It is a nice version of pink sugar, pink sugar is just gross. But this is work a sniff!

Popular Fragrances