Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.3

on 3/24/2009 1:20:00 PM

I recieved it in a swap and couldn't wait to use it. I was a little bit scared by the green color when pumping it for the first time. It looks like spinach soup :P. It really gives my skin a silky smooth kind of feeling. I read somewhere that you should wait for the primer to set onto your skin before continuing on the other makeups. So, I get dressed first and come back to finish my makeup routine. And I find it so much easier to apply my mineral makeup. My pores are also minimized visually. Also, it keeps me shine-free longer. Even though I have some shine in the afternoon, my skin looks dewy instead of oily. I don't have much redness, so I can't comment on it's ajusting effect. So far, I'm happy with this product.

on 3/24/2009 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Even though I've read the reviews here, I STILL fell for this product (green for redness) at the impulse box at Sephora checkout. (How $17 is an impulse purchase, I'm not sure.) It feels nice but does nothing for my redness. I tried instead mixing a very small amount of physician's formula green concealer cream (small tube) with a little Olay regenerist serum, and got basically the same texture but much better redness cancelling properties. This is going back to Sephora today.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I purchased the small tube from the "impulse buy" section by the registers at Sephora. I'm really happy that I did! The small travel size tube fits in my make-up bag so I always have it on me, and it lasts forever! I bought this in the green tint and I'm one of the few that this product really does work to reduce the redness. I have lupus so I have a butterfuly rash of red across my cheeks and bridge of my nose. I won't say this gets me completely even toned, but I definitely noticed a softening of my skin tone. I put it on when I got back to my office and my friend noticed an immediate difference - with no foundation or powder over it! It coats my dry skin nicely, and doesn't dry out. I won't wear it all day though - it's more of a going out only product since if I wear it all day and night it tends to cause a slight breakout. Still, for what I paid and the results I get, I'm very happy with it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Over a year ago I bought the small tube of the green primer on a whim while at Sephora. I hadn't used primer before and was intrigued by the idea of masking the redness that always managed to peek through my foundation. For awhile I assumed that the redness on my cheeks wasn't being reduced because I wasn't using enough of the product, but due to the consistency of it I couldn't bring myself to put on more. I didn't (and never did) notice any reduction in my redness but was pleased to discover that using a primer made my makeup easier to apply and look better. Mostly it made my foundation significantly easier to apply and blend, making my skin look more natural and less made up.

It is very silky feeling, and spreads very well--meaning that you don't need that much to cover your entire face. Even though I did not use it everyday (I go through phases where I don't feel like putting on make up), I still have half a tube left. If i had used it everyday I probably would have run out after 9-10 months. So it's definitely not a waste of money. But I would definitely test it before buying to see if you like how it feels.

I took off 1 lippie because it claims to reduce redness, but doesn't. Since this was my first primer I have nothing else to compare it to. Since it comes in the smaller, tube container as well, I will probably continue to repurchase it to keep in my makeup bag and when I travel. I recently purchased MUFE HD primer, maybe I'll have more success with that.

on 3/8/2009 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am in the minority here, I purchased the mauve shade. Its the 1 oz size in a pump. I have always been using the clear primer & loving it. It does its job by allowing me to spread liquid or cream fdn thin & even. I was always skeptical of using a mauve primer due to past experience when I was a teen (can't remember the brand, I believe it no longer exist). It left my skin with a greyish cast, but not with this primer. It brightens up the skin (yellow-beige NC 30), very believably & naturally, even if I deliberately over-applied it. And, no, it does not even out or cover up any flaws, thats the job for the fdn & concealer. It mattifies, just like the clear version, which allows the liquid fdn to go on thinly & evenly. It was Can$ 48 at Sephora, a bit pricey but it will last me at least 10-12 months.

I keep coming back to this product! I've tried Armani, I've tried Revlon, and everything in between, but this is the best! It's a cult favorite for a reason!

Makes my skin amazingly smooth & angelic. Whether I'm having an oily day or a dry day, this brings it out to perfection! The green tint helps even out my redness, and the primer helps my foundation last ALL day! On days when I forget my primer, people have noticed.

A small little 1/4 of a pump can cover my entire face. It may be expensive, but it's worth it. And if you use it sparingly, it can last you quite a while! Buy again and again and again!

I just got one from Ebay for $13, so try that out too!
:D

I bought a small size of this on impulse because I tend to have some redness on my nose and had hoped that this would help with that. Like some of the other reviewers, I didn't notice any difference in the redness using this compared to not using it. But as a primer, the texture was silky and not greasy, so I didn't give it a lower rating.

on 12/11/2008 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this. I use it almost every day. It helps to smooth out and reduce the redness under my makeup. It works the best (for my skin) under my makeup. It's super soft too. The new packaging is really nice. Instead of just a broken pump like the old packaging they've added something inside to push all the unused product to the top as it's used to you don't waste any. At $38 a bottle, I don't want to waste any!!

on 1/15/2009 6:16:00 PM

I got the purple one on the basis of the sales guys recommendation.

I have red skin so I thought the green would have been more appropriate but he said purple so I went with that.

Firstly it feels quite nice on the skin, but maybe a little greasy or something. I do think it helps my make up stay on longer though/ I'm not sure if the purple does much for me. Apparently it helps enhance the "porcelain" skin I have supposedly have but I haven't noticed any difference.

The packaging isn't great. The cap with not stay on at all which is quite annoying.

It's 37 here in Ireland so pricey enough. I don't think I'll get it again. I'll probably get the Laura Mercier or YSL next instead.

on 12/26/2008 10:01:00 AM

I'm on my second bottle of this stuff and I'd love it. I wear makeup everyday and use this everytime, I figure a bottle lasts me about 3 months.

Yes, I agree with the others - the green tint does nothing to cover up any redness like it claims, but I don't have a ton to cover up - I just didn't know WHICH color to buy, so I went out on limb and figured if I had a pimple, maybe it would help reduce any redness from that.

Anyway, I use one "pump" of the cream and distribute on both cheeks, forehead, nose and chin then rub in with my fingertips all over my face and eyelids.

What I like about it is that it makes a very smooth face that is silky to touch and keeps my oily face shine free for the day. I use Bare Escentuals makeup and combined with the primer and their Mineral Veil - I no longer look like an oil slick by the afternoon!