Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue
Light Blue

3.7

I really liked this perfume. I usually like warmer scents but I really loved the cool but kinda bittersweet scent this perfume has. I really like the packaging, it's quite potent and last decent amount of time. The only bad thing about it that it's super well known. I personally love when I get asked what scent I'm wearing and if you're like that then this perfume isn't for you because EVERYONE recognizes this scent. it's quite expensive but hey, it's high end so... :)

This is my favorite perfume and I always receive compliments when I wear it. I love it because it's never overpowering, it's smells fresh and clean and doesn't bother me like other perfumes do. There's something about it on my skin that makes people comment on it all the time.

But... It just doesn't smell the same way on everybody. A friend of mine tried it and it was just not the same as on me.
My best advice is to try on a perfume a couple of times before you buy it. Give it a few hours and then ask people what they think.

Good luck finding the right perfume! :)

on 3/1/2014 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Got this as a gift from my best friend. Best scent ever, last long, I have got countless complements from wearing this scent. It has become my most favorite scent. Seriously I would die if they discontinue this.

on 3/23/2014 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got Light Blue on a cruise about three years ago and it has been my signature scent ever since (yes, in the winter too- I'm not going to let Mother Nature dictate when I can wear my favourite perfume). I just got another box set for my birthday this year and I couldn't be more pleased!

Pros:
- Although considered a con for some people, Light Blue doesn't reek of floral notes. It may just have something to do with my body chemistry, but there is something about floral-centric perfumes that make me smell like a walking migraine (and since floral notes compose 99% of most women's perfume on the market I've had some bad luck to say the least). Light Blue is a clean scent, with tones that are more fresh linen- esque and citrus-based.
- The packaging, like the scent, is clean and simple. I can easily see when I need to go out and buy some more since the bottle is a foggy glass (and bonus: easy to store).

Cons:
- Everyone is thinking it, I'm just saying it: the price. I paid about $80 dollars US in a duty free when I initially purchased the fragrance.
- Light Blue is definitely more of a summer scent (although I wear it year-round) and some people may not be willing to drop the cash for a scent that typically can only be worn a few months of the year.
- Some people may also be bothered by how light the scent is. It does require some re-application over the course of the day (depending on what you're doing), but you'll never have to worry about it being overpowering, either.

Overall, Light Blue is the perfect summer scent and the only perfume that I've had consistent success with in terms of remaining true to it's scent over time.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Light Blue -- fresh, citrusy, AMAZING. One of my well loved scents. It's girl and sophisticated, and lasts long. Not for everyone, but if you like fresh scents, definitely give this a try in stores before purchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this perfume! it smells clean and fresh, not overpowering but lingers subtly for a few hours before a respray is required. I used to work on a fragrance counter, and if someone was stuck on a perfume to buy, I always let them try out this one.. I would say around 7/10 purchased it. Its non offensive and an all rounder imo

Ew yuck, I am not a fan if this scent. Smells like a citrus bathroom spray. Bought this on a blind buy because of so many good reviews.

on 12/26/2013 12:09:00 PM

I received this fragrance as a x-mas gift from my parents in-law and I hated it. I really like orientals, gourmands and vanilla scented fragrances and this is nothing like that. To me, it smells like lemon soap, it's fresh, but almost "too" fresh, it smells like a clean, sterile enviroment, like a hospital maybe LOL. My first impresion was that I had received a male cologne by mistake hahahaha. But I have been putting my efforts on giving it a try and as the days go by I get more used to this scent. I think this is something for summer days, not at all for winter or for the night time. This is suitable for vacations or open air activities when you don't want to give the impression that you are trying too hard, if you are looking for something sexy or cozy this is not for you. I will not repurchase this but I plan to wear the whole bottle until it goes out of my sight.

on 11/30/2013 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to love this. I love the name. I love the velvety blue box. It smelled wonderful on a friend of mine. Unfortunately, on me it smells like Lemon Pledge. I definately recommend trying before buying.

i had a sample bottle of this and i loved it. it smelled so nice and very lite. no heavy musky smells. totally want to buy some

Popular Fragrances