Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

4.1

Talc,Bismuth Subgallate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide,Calcium Carbonate,Magnesium Carbonate,Zinc Stearate,Sulfur

on 11/16/2005 2:19:00 PM

This is a good oil absorbing powder that reduces redness but i didnt notice any of my pimples reducing/healing. kind of disappointing.

on 7/18/2005 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I think I've finally found an answer to my powder-prayers! I really love this powder..and I'll tell you why:
I have medium oily/acne prone skin. I never have liked the feeling of wearing powder, pressed or loose. I bought this on a whim while buying other MB products. I have come to a point where I am really liking my skin, but it's just a bit bumpy and oily. This has cured that.
After a morning wash and product application, I use this on my t-zone and around the sides of my face. It helps absorb the oil, and the tone of the powder cuts any redness in my face. Best of all, it's very light and I dare say I don't feel like I have anything on at all. On especially hot days, I might use this again in the late afternoon to combat more oiliness.
I will repurchase this, but I have been using the same container for almost eight months and it's only a bit over half gone. I do change the powder puff once a month.
One tip: Alot goes a long ways, put too much on your puff and you'll look ghostly. I am medium skinned, so if you're light, it won't matter. Tap you puff off though, or you'll end up using way more than you need.

on 6/3/2005 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wnated to like this and I have to say it works quite good with the sulfur in it. What I didn't like at all was the smell, and the gaudy yellow color (on my face and on the pillow). There are better products with sulfur in them so I wouldn't repurchase.

on 5/20/2005 8:09:00 PM

What would I do without my Mario Badescu products?! This powder saved me from a meltdown. I broke out really bad, around my chin and had a party to attend in 3 days. I ran up to MB after work and consulted with a skin care specialist that suggested a bunch of products for my skin type. She told me that to clear up my chin, after cleansing, dab healing cream on the blemishes and gently pat some Special Healing Powder around the problem area. She told me that sulfur has amazing healing properties when it comes to breakouts. Overnight I saw a huge difference! She also told me to mix a bit into my loose makeup to contol excess oil during the day. I've been using it sparingly for 2 days now and my skin will look great for my party. Mario Badescu's products are superior to anything else out there IMO.

8/30/05 UPDATE: Had to stop using this, think I'm allergic to sulfur. Made me break out terribly after a while. Will not use ever again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this for a couple of weeks now. It is the first thing that has ever stopped my zits from getting nasty and irritated during the day. (I've had acne for 20 years!) I just have to wash the bad ones once around lunch time, then put this powder on them aggain and they stay down instead of getting pussy, swollen, and causing scars.

I had tried washing them like this before but it only dried them out, and they still got pussy. I guess it's a matter of keeping the bacteria away with a barrier like this, plus it's ability to keep the oil absorbed. But it last for a few hours and then you have to remove the bacteria again.

When I don't have time to wash the zit I just dab some of this on at my desk a couple of times during the day. It helps a lot, but the washing makes it more effective.

I can also use this as a mild acne medication when I don't have another around.

The only thing I don't like about this is that it really looks like crap. It makes my skin chaulky and light and really points out the bumps like neon lights. I put a little light diffusing powder across my nose and cheek bones to combat the chaulkiness. If I really need to look good I wear makeup and just dust this on, but it doesn't work the same when makeup is on the zit doing it's best to infect it again.

So personally I go ahead and where it to work because I'm not there to get any dates. My skin looks better though because the zits heal without infection.

on 7/8/2004 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This makes a perfect "mineral veil" for my Aromaleigh Mineral Makeup. I didn't notice sulphur on the ingredient list. But there are healing and anti-bacterial properties that help keep my pores clear and my complexion smooth.

on 5/17/2004 7:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for the past several months- it's a sulfur-based powder that I dab on with the powder puff after I've washed, toned, and moisturized or sunscreened. It gets rid of shine instantly, and I can apply foundation over it without caking up. My MB facialist also recommended mixing the powder w/ a favorite color powder, since it's yellow and can leave your face lighter than normal. It's great for taming redness, and helps keep me matte longer. I'm still on my first 1/2 oz, and I use it daily. My only qualm is the packaging- for no apparent reason, the lid doesn't seem to screw on so well, to the point where it goes flying out of my hands. Weird, I know.