NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]

NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]
NARS Cactus FlowerNARS Cactus FlowerPeachy Orange blushes (starts with Cactus Flower)

4.5

OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE SILICA DIMETHICONE C12-15 ALKYL LACTATE TRIBEHENIN POLYETHYLENE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE CANDELILLA CERA [EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX] COPERNICIA CERIFERA [COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX] OZOKERITE CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ISOPROPYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7 LAKE) CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) CI 75470 (CARMINE) CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE)]

on 12/1/2009 11:47:00 AM

In the package, Cactus Flower looks garishly bright but just a small dab on the cheeks leaves me with natural-looking rosy cheeks as if I've just come in from the cold. I have rather fair skin and I can pull this color off without looking like a clown. It also has a golden shimmer that illuminates my complexion. The product overall is excellent -- it comes in a large pan that will last you a long time, the compact has a large mirror for convenience and the product does not dry out (as long as you close the lid after using it).

I am sooo loving this blush! Just got back from a NARS event at Meccacosmetica during lunch and the makeup artist tried this blush on me. When she first showed me the colour, I was like "Omg that's so bright". But it looked so good on me... she blended it towards my temple and then finished off with a dusting of Luster for warmth. I can't wait to play with the blush.

A very happy lunchtime purchase.

on 6/25/2009 1:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I'm generally a lover of cream blushes. I own many powder blushes and not enough creams! I decided it was time I try one of the NARS cream blushes after having good luck with their powder blushes.
I chose Cactus Flower mostly because of the reviews on here and also because of the color. I have been looking for a pretty, poppy colored cream blush for a while now that would give my cheeks a healthy, flushed glow. Sometimes that is hard to achieve and certain products make you look like you're running a fever.
Cactus Flower does exactly what I want it to do! It applies easily and goes on sheer. It looks scary in the pan but it goes on lighter so no worries. I usually dab my MAC 188 brush in this blush a few times and lightly dab it on both cheeks for healthy color. I also find the staying power is pretty decent! I've had this blush on now for 6 hours and it still looks as fresh as I did when I applied it this morning.
I would repurchase Cactus Flower and I would also like to try others.

I got this in a swap without seeing in it person beforehand. At first I was scared by how bright it is, as I am quite pale, but I figured I could either use it as a lipstick or swap it away. Well, I'm glad I gave it a chance! This is what I wanted Stila's Poppy CC to be as a blush on me, a pretty Snow White-ish red-orange. There's a gold shimmer in it, too, which I don't notice too much when putting it on. This stuff is packed with pigment, I just lightly tap one finger on the blush, then on three dots on each cheek and blend, and I'm good all day. I'm the type of pale girl who always needs blush or else I look sickly, so the brightness and longevity fit the bill. $25 is steep for a blush, but this thing is so high quality and pigmented that I would gladly pay that if I ever ran out. However, I need to use so little that I don't see myself running out anytime within the next decade or so! I'd like to try Penny Lane or Lokoum now!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I will start by saying I usually stay away from cream blushes because of my oily combo skin. But this blush is amazing. I switch between this and NARS in Lovejoy as my daily wear blush depending on my mood.

Its not oily and doesn't make you shiny. It also does not rub off. I wake up at 5:30 am and have my makeup on by 6am so I can get out of the house by 6:45am. I work till 5pm and dont get home till 7pm and my blush is STILL in place then.

This give the most natural flush of any of the blushes I own (I use NARS blushes in Lovejoy, Torrid and Seratao) on my NC45- skin. The color is freakishly frightening in the pan; a very bright poppy red with warm golden under tones. But on the skin if used lightly, its gives a very fresh, natural looking flush.

I use this with natural eyes and lips (for me that means soft golds and bronze) and for lip color I use NARS lipgloss in "Sandpiper" for a neutral soft lip.

This color is very close to the shade of the NARS powder blush in TORRID, so if you have that one probably dont need this one. I have both but I love that this one goes on easier; I just literally tap my pointer and index finger into it and then run them along my cheekbones and blend. Instant natural flush!

Will buy again if it ever runs out, but I don't forsee that happening for a LONG time because of how little you use. Its worth the price. the compat is the same sturdy one as usual.

UPDATE: Still using this but not as in love; texture gets weird after awhile. have to really work it aroudn in the compact to make it creamy again. I have been using BeneFit's Posietint more and more for my bright cheek look-cheaper and works better.

As far as the "glitter" goes, I honestly dont see what people are complainign about. On my the glimmer barely shows but I think this is one of those blushes where skin tones really comes into play; naturally golden toned and brown ladies tend to look great in warm colors and the shimmer isnt very noticeable where it might be on fair skin. I get complimented ALL the time on how "natural" and "gorgeous" my skin is, even by the peopel in Sephora. one associate refused to sell me another blush because she said this was perfect for me hehe.

If the glitter is too much you might want to try Stila Poppy which is a very similarcolor but no glitter. I didn't like the texture of that one though; it was much sticker/tackeir than the smooth NARS formula.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I have really oily skin and had never tried a cream blush before. i thought it would make it worse but it was actually the complete opposite. I use all the NARS powder blushes but wanted to try a cream blush and i chose this one. and i m so glad i did. It actually stayed on better and longer than my other blushes. And to test it out i put it on and went to the gym and worked out for an 1 1/2 and continuously wiped my face with a towel, ran errands and came home, took a shower without washing my face and yet 12 hours later its still on!! that has never happened to me. And the color is gorgeous, if you're olive skin toned you have to try this blush. its a bright pinky coral color with a gold sheen to it. Its like a blush and highlighter in one because it gave me the most beautiful glow, it is the perfect color for summer

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently received this in a swap and the first time I applied it, I did so with the amount that I normally use when applying Penny Lane. Well this one is much more pigmented than Penny Lane so I looked like a complete clown. I washed it off and tried again, using my fingers, and pressing a tiny amount onto the apples of my cheeks. This was much better. My next time, I tried with a stippling bursh and I believe that this was the best application. I will probably use this one more often in colder months because it gives that "out from the cold" look and isn't too overpowering on my PPP complexion.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This color is absolutely frightening in the pan, but once you've sheered it out on your cheek, it's gorgeous. I would call it my HG red blush. I also have Exhibit A which is very similar to CF in that they both look freakishly bright in the pan. They both give that 'just came in from the cold' look. I also find that CF is a very wearable everyday color. I'm still trying to figure out the best lip color combo with CF, probably a sheer raspberry color would work best. Overall a fantastic color.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I saw this in Sephora and picked it up right away. I loved the way it swatched on my hands. When I got home and tried to apply it with my 187, I found that I got more glitter than color. I decided to apply it with a wedge sponge and the color payoff was much better. BUT, with better color comes more glitter. Now I don't know what to do. I LOVE the color but the glitter is off putting. It's not a deal breaker right now but I don't know. I'm gonna try it out over the next week and see if I still love it.

*****UPDATE*****
I didn't return it because I do love it so. I'm upping one more lippie. I love it

Ok, I make a claim about what my HG blush is about every other week.... but this week it is Cactus Flower. This color is a really bright fun alternative to my standard peachy-pink blushes like orgasm and deep throat. It really lights up my entire face and looks incredible when paired with Laguna. IMO they should have made a duo of cactus flower/laguna. My skin tone varies from fair-medium to quite tan in the summer and I have found that this works no matter what my skin tone looks like. I don't notice a very significant amount of glitter as others have mentioned... IMHO its the perfect amount. looks great with Buxom lips in Lacey!! perfect match!