Chanel No.5

Chanel No.5

3.6

on 3/29/2014 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have been wearing Chanel No 5 Eau De Parfum for the last 15 years. Its my signature,
however I have noticed the scent varies form bottle to bottle. I have returned 4 bottles over the years contacted Head Office Sydney (no one got back to me) I love the fragrance when its good I just purchased a bottle 200mls which is also somewhat different. ho hum. I will continue to purchase as its the only perfume I wear. Wish there was some consistency with their product and some sort of customer service. If anyone plans to exchange or return chanel no 5 you will need not only your receipt but the box it came in this will make for a problem free exchange.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Sorry ladies to old ladie! Try madaomoale

on 3/11/2014 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Chanel No. 5 is, indeed, a classic - and it's just not great on me. it is an acquired taste and can smell very different from the bottle to the blotting paper to your skin. (YM Will V).

I prefer Coco Chanel much more.
that said, most of the Classic Chanel line-up is a bit too heavy for me.

A nice gift for someone who loves it - but you need to know this before you buy.

I am in pure heaven. This is amazing. The initial spray is not good, but the drydown is heaven! This has lasted 6+ hours on me so far, and still going. It's a beautiful soft, musky swet scent that is just amazing. I wish I ahd tried this sooner!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I tried this out on my wrist at Ulta. Well, when you first spray it, it smells like cat pee. Not gonna lie. I sniffed it again after a few hours. After the pee smell went away, it smelled nostalgic and beautiful. I can't even really accurately describe it, because I don't know perfume jargon. It is like that time you tried drinking coffee when you were 12 years old, and at first you thought it was disgusting, but then you found yourself wanting more and more. An acquired taste. Strangely addicting. Powerfully feminine, a woman who wears this is a force to be reckoned with. I wish I could afford a bottle of my own.

on 3/7/2014 5:10:00 PM

Iconic. Sophisticated. This is my "signature scent"

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is my fragrance. It is me. I absolutely adore CHANEL No.5. It has a vintage feel and aroma to it which is exactly what I prefer. It's just perfect. Nothing comes close. I don't wear it everyday because this is *such* an elegant fragrance, more of a special fragrance, so when I spray this on I think to myself, "There I am."

Skin: Other, Deep Dark, Not Sure

You have to believe me when i say i wanted to love this perfume. I wanted to embody the iconic fragrance and i have tried to make this work for me. I tried it before bed, in the morning, before and after workout, Before and after various lotions and it still read detergent and roses, baby powder and dryer sheets. but it looks good on the dressing table though. Im so sad. I guess i cant channel my inner monroe

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I can understand the hype behind Coco Mademoiselle and Chance, but I am sorry... I do not understand the hype behind this perfume. It is extremely strong first of all. I ALL for a long last scent like coco mademoiselle, but this one burns your nose. To top it off it is a very powdery, soapy scent. No hint of sexyness at all. I mean, it's Chanel so I understand the price tag, but why people call this a timeless scent or a sexy scent is beyond me.. It's awful. Smells like an old lady...

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I think a couple of reviews have it right, you really do only need 2 spritz of this and your onto a winner. It's a beautiful and timeless perfume. I'm my opinion it suits ALL ages both me and my mum wear this quite often and it smells completely different on both of us, my advice is grab a tester from your local Chanel counter and try before you buy! It's expensive but totally worth it :)

Popular Fragrances