Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/19/2017 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is for the "old" tube/formula (have not tried the new). I was at Nordstrom Rack yesterday, and they had a ton of these for about ~$10. I've only tried cheapie eye primers before, but had heard good things about the UD primer. HOLY COW. GAME CHANGER. I never really realized that my eye makeup could stay so pristine for so long! I feel like a YouTube Model! Now that I know they've changed the formula, I'm gonna go back and stock up!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have the eye shadow primer which is in the bottle with the wand and I HATE it. Everyone raves about this product (well they used to) and I can't understand why. From reading the reviews it sounds like they changed the formula whilst they changed the packaging but I can't say as I've never used it when it's been in that packaging. It's rather difficult to apply with the wand and quite awkward and I can't say I noticed a difference in my eye shadow longevity or made the eye shadows any more vibrant and pigmented. I might as well just use my foundation or concealer than use this.

on 3/4/2017 2:22:00 PM

My eyes were swollen and caused the back of my hand itchiness and redness when applied.

on 2/23/2017 8:37:00 PM

I really like this eyeshadow primer. I have very oily eyelids and eyeshadow normally doesn't last long on me. But this product makes it last all day long. An extra plus is that it makes the shadows appear more pigmented as well.

on 2/19/2017 1:46:00 PM

Absolutely brilliant makes the colours pop and my eyeshadow does not move and lasts all day and night.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Hadn't used it in a while I remember getting samples of it when I ordered from sephora just didn't buy a full size until now and I don't know why I waited to be honest. This is a beige- y colored primer for me it hides all the discoloration on my eyelids. When i use this primer I have no issues with any eyeshadow PERIOD. It stays in place all day and I don't have to worry about any creasing or smudging. Its not a bad price either I got mine on sale around Christmas. Its one of the only primers I will use from now on.

holy grail primer, this holds my eyeshadow for days, even on the nights i've slept in my makeup. It works so well, I've bought 4 bottles & don't dare to try anything else- when you know something works & it works great, you don't switch. a little goes a LONG way so definitely worth the pricepoint.

i agree with the old formula and packaging reviews! it's much better and worked accordingly which is why i bought my second tube. the new formula and packaging is HORRIBLE! i even feel that the content is not as much as the previous packaging. i used it just for a while and felt that it has hit rock bottom despite of the brush applicator should make it easier reaching the bottom but that's not the case at all. it's felt as if nothing to be scooped out after a while with the brush. the longevity is the main issue as well as it is more watery with the new formula and it does not last long unlike the previous formula that could last all day! the eyeshadow's staying power is just the same without applying any primer. so unfortunately i'd move to other product and thinking of getting the TFSI which still stick with the old formula and packaging. I really wonder why companies reformulate their products if there's nothing to complaint about to begin with

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I loved the old formula and old packaging (squeeze tube). The new packaging (with the applicator) is difficult to use and the formula is TERRIBLE. Absolutely useless, greasy and does not work the way the old formula did. What a waste. I'm not sure what happened with this product, but I will be returning to the store.

on 1/23/2017 9:48:00 PM

This primer used to be wonderful in the old tube with no applicator and a different formula, it was the best and that is why it was a cult favorite. However, packaging and formula has changed and it is awful!! Eyeshadow does not stay on at all. I wa told at Ulta that L'Oreal bought out Urban Decay. Urban Decay (L'Oréal) PLEASE bring back the old, great formula. Luckily, I just ordered 3 tubes of the good version but when they run out I will be buying something else.

Video Reviews & Tutorials